Neonred

Obama's Health Care Legacy

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

You said it, not me. The only response you were able to offer to the GOP calling their very own health care reform proposals communism was "Harry Reid flip flopped". That's all you got and let me tell you, it ain't much.

And you still do't get it. ;)

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

while candidate Obama promised premiums would fall by $2,500 on average, premiums have risen by $3,065 since Barack Obama was elected President.

Did the Kaiser Foundation study actually say this? The Kaiser Foundation is fully aware when "Obamacare" passed and when it goes into effect, so I am very surprised to find out they are bringing up irrelevant premium rates from 2008-2012 in their study.

I'm actually curious if anyone anywhere has ever had a health premium go down from year to year. I've had the same plan since 2001. I've had to change it to add dependant's of course, but the average year when I have had no changes in coverage has been an 8% increase. Which is about the national average.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

she was not able to obtain health care

STOP. Just stop right there. She was not able to obtain INSURANCE possibly because of her pre-existing condition, but health care - you could have obtained health care just fine. You would of just have to of paid for it yourself instead of demanding a company take on a risk and pay for it for you.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

STOP. Just stop right there. She was not able to obtain INSURANCE possibly because of her pre-existing condition, but health care - you could have obtained health care just fine. You would of just have to of paid for it yourself instead of demanding a company take on a risk and pay for it for you.

Can't you save the libertarian mumbo jumbo for a theoretical debate? His wife has been in ICU for 8 weeks and you're trying to lecture about paying for health care out of pocket? Ridiculous.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Did the Kaiser Foundation study actually say this? The Kaiser Foundation is fully aware when "Obamacare" passed and when it goes into effect, so I am very surprised to find out they are bringing up irrelevant premium rates from 2008-2012 in their study.

I'm actually curious if anyone anywhere has ever had a health premium go down from year to year. I've had the same plan since 2001. I've had to change it to add dependant's of course, but the average year when I have had no changes in coverage has been an 8% increase. Which is about the national average.

This year, in August, for the first time I can remember, the company where I work received a refund on the insurance premiums, for all employees, from CIGNA.

Other than that, health insurance premiums have been going up, chiefly thanks to the slackers who are just too lazy to buy health coverage for themselves.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Can't you save the libertarian mumbo jumbo for a theoretical debate? His wife has been in ICU for 8 weeks and you're trying to lecture about paying for health care out of pocket? Ridiculous.

Was this topic moved out of P&R ? Stay out of P&R if you don't want to be debated. It's that simple.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

This year, in August, for the first time I can remember, the company where I work received a refund on the insurance premiums, for all employees, from CIGNA.

Other than that, health insurance premiums have been going up, chiefly thanks to the slackers who are just too lazy to buy health coverage for themselves.

Interestingly enough, this is also the first year that insurance companies have been required by law to give rebates if they spend more than 20% on administrative costs. Sort of contradicts the original study.

Was this topic moved out of P&R ?

No. Why? Something else bothering you now?

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Interestingly enough, this is also the first year that insurance companies have been required by law to give rebates if they spend more than 20% on administrative costs. Sort of contradicts the original study.

No. Why? Something else bothering you now?

Why jump Paul for stating his opinions on here. If people want to bring up personal matters in this forum then they do it at their own risk.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."