london92

Common AP reasons at Islamabad Embassy

24 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

One other reason is that the beneficiary has lived in another country or countries so they are also doing background check on that too :example he lives pakistan , use to live in France for 2 years and lets say he lived somewhere esle Australia. So they will have to do research on everywhere where he use to live thats why these things can take up to one month or longer to get a report or background check on..

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hii friends, i am new here,plz can u guide me about AP more,my interview was 13th of december2012 for k1 visa,visa office ask just only three four question and told me that u r approved for visa,he give me my doc like birth certificate etc back and keep the passport give me 221g green paper,and told me all doc r ok no need of more doc just wait for maximum two month.

plz can u tell me will they take two month or they can send me early also

my interview was in islamabad

Guys this post means no offence to anyone in any sense. Its just what i ve seen on VJ.COM

Hey Guys after being on the site for a good few months and looking around at the forums and posts etc i have made a small list of obvious reasons for AP at the Islamabad embassy.

Please feel free to add more reasons so that people can prepare themselves and if possible do something about them :-)

1: Different Ethinic Origin:

Most of the couples who belonged to different ethinic origins were placed on AP.

2: Met ob Facebook or other social networking sites:

At Islamabad embassy this is still a big red flag.

3: Belongs to tribal region of Pakistan:

If you belong to tribal region of Pakistan your chances of getting AP are quite high but if your case is fine then you will get visa with the 6 month period.

4: Male Applicants:

Majority of the male applicants in Pak are placed on AP. I used majority instead of All because there are cases where male applicants were approved straight away . Most recent one being Waqas & Alia.

5: Age Difference:

If there is a big age difference between the couple then there is a chance of AP.

6: Co-Sponsors not being Accepted for K-1 visa:

Yes its true for some reason the islamabad embassy has started to refuse co-sponsors for k-1 visas.

7: Required Documents not being presented:

I have read a few reviews where the person was placed in AP for missing documents such W2's, having no proof of on going relationship etc.

These are just a few reasons for AP i noticed in the last few months . If you guys have more please copy my list and keep adding it ll help a lot of people :-).

Everyone who intents to immigrate to the US is put through AP (a/k/a "Administrative Processing," "Name Checks," "Background Checks).

Everyone.

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think that your intentions are good on this posting but I really don't think that this list could ever be complete due to the following facts:

• There is mandatory AP for all males coming from Pakistan and most of the women
  • The timeframes of this AP vary dramatically
  • Each and every case is different

I do disagree with your examples because there was a significant age difference between myself and my husband, we are not the same nationality, weren't the same religion at the time of application and I am also previously divorced and I have children. We got our Visa after being on AP for 2 1/2 months.

You can find similarities which is how we can help and support each other but there is never an identical case handled the exact same way.

And you guys met online too?

Most of the people here i read met online and they have been issued or getting APs .. I think it totally depends on ones case.. And every case is different,

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

And you guys met online too?

Most of the people here i read met online and they have been issued or getting APs .. I think it totally depends on ones case.. And every case is different,

Yes, we met online first.

The best thing you can do is just assume that you will get AP. The length of time is what cannot be deciphered as you stated, each case is very different. Patience and prayers is about all you can do. :)

I wish you the best of luck!

Kim

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"][b]Worth The Wait
[/b][/font][/size]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Our Visa Journey
[/color][/size][size="2"][color="#000080"]I-129F Sent 5/6/11
I-129F NOA1 Received 5/11/11
I-129F RFE Received 9/8/11
I-129F RFE Returned 9/23/11
I-129F NOA2 Received 11/17/11
NVC Received from USCIS 11/21/11
NVC Sent to Embassy 11/25/11
Embassy Received 12/2/11
Packet 3.5 Received 12/8/11
Packet 3.5 Returned 12/22/11
Packet 4 Received 1/13/12
Medical Date 1/19/12
Interview Date 2/23/2012
Administrative Review 2/24/2012
Visa Issued 4/30/2012
Visa Received 5/4/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]POE Washington DC 5/21/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Married 5/30/2012[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Adjustment of Status (AOS) Journey [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Packet including: I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent 11/7/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Biometrics Completed: 12/18/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Approved: 1/17/2013[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Combo Card Received: 1/22/2013[/color][/size][/font]

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.