london92

Common AP reasons at Islamabad Embassy

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Guys this post means no offence to anyone in any sense. Its just what i ve seen on VJ.COM

Hey Guys after being on the site for a good few months and looking around at the forums and posts etc i have made a small list of obvious reasons for AP at the Islamabad embassy.

Please feel free to add more reasons so that people can prepare themselves and if possible do something about them :-)

1: Different Ethinic Origin:

Most of the couples who belonged to different ethinic origins were placed on AP.

2: Met ob Facebook or other social networking sites:

At Islamabad embassy this is still a big red flag.

3: Belongs to tribal region of Pakistan:

If you belong to tribal region of Pakistan your chances of getting AP are quite high but if your case is fine then you will get visa with the 6 month period.

4: Male Applicants:

Majority of the male applicants in Pak are placed on AP. I used majority instead of All because there are cases where male applicants were approved straight away . Most recent one being Waqas & Alia.

5: Age Difference:

If there is a big age difference between the couple then there is a chance of AP.

6: Co-Sponsors not being Accepted for K-1 visa:

Yes its true for some reason the islamabad embassy has started to refuse co-sponsors for k-1 visas.

7: Required Documents not being presented:

I have read a few reviews where the person was placed in AP for missing documents such W2's, having no proof of on going relationship etc.

These are just a few reasons for AP i noticed in the last few months . If you guys have more please copy my list and keep adding it ll help a lot of people :-).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process to Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic pertains to specific embassy policies & procedures regarding administrative processing. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Guys this post means no offence to anyone in any sense. Its just what i ve seen on VJ.COM

Hey Guys after being on the site for a good few months and looking around at the forums and posts etc i have made a small list of obvious reasons for AP at the Islamabad embassy.

Please feel free to add more reasons so that people can prepare themselves and if possible do something about them :-)

Most of the couples who belonged to different ethinic origins were placed on AP.

If you belong to tribal region of Pakistan your chances of getting AP are quite high but if your case is fine then you will get visa with the 6 month period.

Majority of the male applicants in Pak are placed on AP. I used majority instead of All because there are cases where male applicants were approved straight away . Most recent one being Waqas & Alia.

If there is a big age difference between the couple then there is a chance of AP.

Yes its true for some reason the islamabad embassy has started to refuse co-sponsors for k-1 visas.

I have read a few reviews where the person was placed in AP for missing documents such W2's, having no proof of on going relationship etc.

These are just a few reasons for AP i noticed in the last few months . If you guys have more please copy my list and keep adding it ll help a lot of people :-).

they haven't started to refuse cosponsor in k1 visa? gimme any other example except mine.

and i dont think that's the case.. people met on fb/online or has a age difference got their visa in 2 months. your post is based on recent interview experiences which i think is completely absurd.

Timeline

they haven't started to refuse cosponsor in k1 visa? gimme any other example except mine.

and i dont think that's the case.. people met on fb/online or has a age difference got their visa in 2 months. your post is based on recent interview experiences which i think is completely absurd.

Hi Zinger there is another case of rahim and aisha where co-sponsors as not accepted.

Let me tell you something else too co-sponsors for k-1 visas at the us embassy in manila phillipines are also not accepted.

The isl embassy recently started this that co-sponsors are not going to be accepted for k1 visas.

As far as age difference and meeting online is concerened what i ment was i havent seen a case where the person was approved on day.

Most of these people were put on AP and you agree to that too .

Again this is jus for information. If you can find cases where people met online and were approved straightaway i ll be more then happy to accept.

My info is based on the cases from the last 8 to 10 months.

Hi Zinger there is another case of rahim and aisha where co-sponsors as not accepted.

Let me tell you something else too co-sponsors for k-1 visas at the us embassy in manila phillipines are also not accepted.

The isl embassy recently started this that co-sponsors are not going to be accepted for k1 visas.

As far as age difference and meeting online is concerened what i ment was i havent seen a case where the person was approved on day.

Most of these people were put on AP and you agree to that too .

Again this is jus for information. If you can find cases where people met online and were approved straightaway i ll be more then happy to accept.

My info is based on the cases from the last 8 to 10 months.

i know mate but aaisha is my fiance hehehe, and besides its been in manila for a long time brother but here in pakistan it was first. can i give you the exmaples couple who got approved with cosponsor in paksitan? even where sponsor or petitioner didnt even want to work, and they mentioned that during the interview that their fiance never want to work. i mean come on man.

in my case the CO didnt handle it properly and im working on it. i will send the fresh forms soon because the forms i turned in had some mistakes.

besides your post spread the fear and confusion here so please avoid such posts. No offense mate!!

Timeline

I think that your intentions are good on this posting but I really don't think that this list could ever be complete due to the following facts:

• There is mandatory AP for all males coming from Pakistan and most of the women
  • The timeframes of this AP vary dramatically
  • Each and every case is different

I do disagree with your examples because there was a significant age difference between myself and my husband, we are not the same nationality, weren't the same religion at the time of application and I am also previously divorced and I have children. We got our Visa after being on AP for 2 1/2 months.

You can find similarities which is how we can help and support each other but there is never an identical case handled the exact same way.

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"][b]Worth The Wait
[/b][/font][/size]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Our Visa Journey
[/color][/size][size="2"][color="#000080"]I-129F Sent 5/6/11
I-129F NOA1 Received 5/11/11
I-129F RFE Received 9/8/11
I-129F RFE Returned 9/23/11
I-129F NOA2 Received 11/17/11
NVC Received from USCIS 11/21/11
NVC Sent to Embassy 11/25/11
Embassy Received 12/2/11
Packet 3.5 Received 12/8/11
Packet 3.5 Returned 12/22/11
Packet 4 Received 1/13/12
Medical Date 1/19/12
Interview Date 2/23/2012
Administrative Review 2/24/2012
Visa Issued 4/30/2012
Visa Received 5/4/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]POE Washington DC 5/21/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Married 5/30/2012[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Adjustment of Status (AOS) Journey [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Packet including: I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent 11/7/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Biometrics Completed: 12/18/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Approved: 1/17/2013[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Combo Card Received: 1/22/2013[/color][/size][/font]

Timeline

i know mate but aaisha is my fiance hehehe, and besides its been in manila for a long time brother but here in pakistan it was first. can i give you the exmaples couple who got approved with cosponsor in paksitan? even where sponsor or petitioner didnt even want to work, and they mentioned that during the interview that their fiance never want to work. i mean come on man.

in my case the CO didnt handle it properly and im working on it. i will send the fresh forms soon because the forms i turned in had some mistakes.

besides your post spread the fear and confusion here so please avoid such posts. No offense mate!!

Bro first of all you need to clarify what your tryna say here. So i said people who met online got AP .

Your reply was they got their visa in 2 months ryt.

Well that means they did get an AP and after sometime they got the visa.

Thats the same case for age difference.

And then your saying my post is spreading confusion. As i said in my last reply if you could find cases where any of the reasons i have highlighted above got approved on their interview day i would be more than happy to accept it.

''My fiance told the man that my mom is cosponsoring with me since she makes way over the 125% poverty line but the man said the K1 visa doesn't allow any co-sponsorship and gave him a letter saying he was going into AP until we fix this''

To me this means the CO said they are no longer accepting k-1 cosponsors. And can please give me examples of cases apart from erik and anums in which they got approved with a cosponsor ?

The purpose of this post is not to spread fear and confusion. We all are here because we want to be with our loved 1s. I pray that evry1 here get their visas soon so that they can be with their other halts :-).

I am just trying to make a list of possible reasons of AP.

I have my interview on the 11th of Oct and was gone go with my cosponsors stuff too but after what i read in the above mentioned review i got confused. I sent an email to the embassy no reply.

Timeline

I think that your intentions are good on this posting but I really don't think that this list could ever be complete due to the following facts:

• There is mandatory AP for all males coming from Pakistan and most of the women
  • The timeframes of this AP vary dramatically
  • Each and every case is different

I do disagree with your examples because there was a significant age difference between myself and my husband, we are not the same nationality, weren't the same religion at the time of application and I am also previously divorced and I have children. We got our Visa after being on AP for 2 1/2 months.

You can find similarities which is how we can help and support each other but there is never an identical case handled the exact same way.

I agree with facts.

I am just trying to put up some possible things which i think are more likely to place u in AP. Thats all :-)

well i really didnt wanna infuriate you at all but see thats not the case here, whats the point of this post anyway? to make people nervous that ohh they have a red flag and they have to cover it..

Look i am 100% in your interview they wont bring the cosponsor at all!!! mark my words ok????

and nazish and waqar interviewed on 13 sept have a cosponsor, adeelwali has a cosponsor, Adil and chelsea who had their interview on 23rd of this month had a cosponsor, muzammil too, if i look up perhaps i will find dozens from islamabad embassy bro!!!

so please dont take it at the wrong way but i expressed what i felt.

Timeline

well i really didnt wanna infuriate you at all but see thats not the case here, whats the point of this post anyway? to make people nervous that ohh they have a red flag and they have to cover it..

Look i am 100% in your interview they wont bring the cosponsor at all!!! mark my words ok????

and nazish and waqar interviewed on 13 sept have a cosponsor, adeelwali has a cosponsor, Adil and chelsea who had their interview on 23rd of this month had a cosponsor, muzammil too, if i look up perhaps i will find dozens from islamabad embassy bro!!!

so please dont take it at the wrong way but i expressed what i felt.

I agree bro i didn't take it wrong. I sincerely appreciate your response. As soon as i am done with my interview i ll update you guys. I think they got more strict after that recent protest and the new ongoing tensions.

I agree bro i didn't take it wrong. I sincerely appreciate your response. As soon as i am done with my interview i ll update you guys. I think they got more strict after that recent protest and the new ongoing tensions.

yes thats probably the reason why people got put on ap last week even their case was good. BUT you shouldnt worry at all just take everything with you and be confident when responding and put a smile on your face every time you communicate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Most of these are also reasons for AP at other embassies, not just Islamabad.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.