RASSH

IR-1/CR-1 us citizen accompanying husband at interview at Islamabad embassy

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello all, I have a question and any help would be highly appreciated. My husband and I were married in Pakistan in November 2011, I am a us citizen and currently in the US. I visited him this month and just came back and September 15. As soon as I returned we were notified that we by the grace of God have our interview scheduled at the Islamabad embassy on October 12. my question is if I were to fly to Pakistan for this interview, would it help our case? We have all the proof needed and more, but if y me being at the interview willhelp us be together sooner in any way I would like to be there, but considering I just came back it would be tough! but if it will help us be together sooner I will try and be there for the interview inshAllah. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks a lot all!

Timeline

Hi RASSH,

I am not a Senior member OR expert like other VJ's but like to share my point of view in a response to your post.

It will be a positive effect of your presence during the Interview at the ISL Embassy. It will not guarantee the Visa issuance but it will shows that you are there to provide moral support to your spouse.

It is not necessary for your presence at the time of the interview, if it is not possible for you to visit again so soon.

You mentioned, you just visited and get back from Pakistan. How long did you stayed there? You can send the Photo copy of your Passport Entry & Exit stamps on it that will shows that you recently visited to see your spouse in this way it can shows the on going relation to the Counselor Officer at the Embassy.

Edited by Saj & Anam

Timeline

Thanks a lot! yes I visited for a one month and we are planning to show that.

Hi RASSH,

I am not a Senior member OR expert like other VJ's but like to share my point of view in a response to your post.

It will be a positive effect of your presence during the Interview at the ISL Embassy. It will not guarantee the Visa issuance but it will shows that you are there to provide moral support to your spouse.

It is not necessary for your presence at the time of the interview, if it is not possible for you to visit again so soon.

You mentioned, you just visited and get back from Pakistan. How long did you stayed there? You can send the Photo copy of your Passport Entry & Exit stamps on it that will shows that you recently visited to see your spouse in this way it can shows the on going relation to the Counselor Officer at the Embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm at the crossroads of the same question, to go.....or not to go!

The presence of the petitioner with the beneficiary is dependent on interviewing agent at the embassy that you get. It's all a draw of luck, maybe you get one interested in asking your significant other questions perhaps you get one that does not care or maybe one that does not want to talk to the petitioner.

On another note maybe you can ask yourself the question, "can you sleep better knowing you did everything in your ability to position the situation best way possible" meaning go and realize you did everything you could and accept the outcome as best possible effort. Then go with that response!

Let me know what you come up with I have been contemplating that question for over a month now.

Timeline

Sometimes when the USC is not present, the intending-immigrant is treated more rudely or disrespectfully. Your presence there makes it a LOT less likely that your love will be treated roughly.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sometimes when the USC is not present, the intending-immigrant is treated more rudely or disrespectfully. Your presence there makes it a LOT less likely that your love will be treated roughly.

are you speaking from experiance?

Timeline

Recently the expeirences i've read where the petitioner attends the interview with the beneficiary it seems the petitioner ends up being questioned more at length than the one intending to come to the US. Just be prepared to answer a lot of questions and even the possibility for them to separate you and ask questions to compare. I would have also gone with my husband but it just wasn't possible and the AP one receives depends on many factors sometimes its simple like a name hit that has to be cleared and sometimes they want to investigate the relationshp more at length but it will all be well either way

Good luck!!!

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Thanks a lot for the replys everyone! I'm still contemplating going or not because by the looks of it no one can really tell if it would help or not and i just came back in September after taking a month of from work ... so it would be really difficult to take off again and go. It basically just depends on our luck and who we get as the interviewer at the embassy. I just hope we don't get stuck in AP that lasts forever, after reading about AP, it makes me super nervous! This distance is very hard to bear! Good luck to everyone and once again thanks for the help!

Timeline

I agree with everything the others have said. It could help, but it could also expose you to more cross questioning. There's no way of telling.

In the end, you have to be comfortable with having done the best you can for your case, and putting your best foot forward.

I had planned on going too, but couldn't because of work reasons.

11/04/11 Got Married

USCIS:

12/28/11 - I-130 Sent

12/30/11 - NOA1 Received

06/08/12 - NOA2 Received

NVC:

07/02/12 - Case arrived at NVC

07/12/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses

07/13/12 - E-mailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's e-mail address

07/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

07/24/12 - DS-3032 accepted, IV bill invoiced & PAID

07/25/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID, IV bill appears as PAID, AOS Package sent, IV Package sent

07/26/12 - AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC

08/01/12 - AOS/I-864 accepted, Checklist Issued for DS-230

08/13/12 - Responded to Checklist

08/20/12 - IV accepted, Case Complete

09/14/12 - Interview date Assigned (Interview Date: 10/04/12)

Medical/US Consulate/POE:

09/21/12 - Medical

10/04/12 - Interview (Approved!)

10/08/12 - Visa received

11/02/12 - POE (Chicago, IL)

11/25/12 - Received Permanent Resident Card

11/26/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA Office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.