Great_Dane

Two weeks since interview, still waiting..

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi everyone. I had my interview in Stockholm a few weeks ago today, but when I had it, the medical results still hadn't arrived at the embassy. This was mainly due to the fact that I got a very early interview appointment, only a few weeks after Packet 3, so my scheduled medical was too close to that date. I was told that everything looked good and that if the medical looked good I would receive my passport with the visa in a week or two. Should I be worried? The doctor wrote me a letter I got after I got home from the embassy, saying the medical results had been sent off to the embassy and so I suspect they had the medical results as soon as a day or two after I had had my interview. I don't mean to sound impatient or anything, it's just nerve-wracking every day waiting for the visa, missing my Fiancée, and wondering if something went wrong.. further processing, lost by mail service.. just too many possibilities, and I see many people on VJ saying how they got their visa within a week or so, at least from others in Scandinavia.

So I guess my final question is, should I be worried? Would they even let me know if they had denied me/further processing/complications?

Thanks so much in advance! I hope my question isn't too annoying. :P

Edited by Great_Dane

Excited for the future!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone. I had my interview in Stockholm a few weeks ago today, but when I had it, the medical results still hadn't arrived at the embassy. This was mainly due to the fact that I got a very early interview appointment, only a few weeks after Packet 3, so my scheduled medical was too close to that date. I was told that everything looked good and that if the medical looked good I would receive my passport with the visa in a week or two. Should I be worried? The doctor wrote me a letter I got after I got home from the embassy, saying the medical results had been sent off to the embassy and so I suspect they had the medical results as soon as a day or two after I had had my interview. I don't mean to sound impatient or anything, it's just nerve-wracking every day waiting for the visa, missing my Fiancée, and wondering if something went wrong.. further processing, lost by mail service.. just too many possibilities, and I see many people on VJ saying how they got their visa within a week or so, at least from others in Scandinavia.

So I guess my final question is, should I be worried? Would they even let me know if they had denied me/further processing/complications?

Thanks so much in advance! I hope my question isn't too annoying. :P

Breathe IN and breathe OUT

1) They still have your passport, right? This is a good sign

2) Have you contacted the Embassy and asked? While one may think that "they will let us know" I know from my own experience that, if I hadn't emailed them and asked what was going on, I never would have found out until the passport was delivered. --- So, get a hold of them, pronto!

Timeline

Breathe IN and breathe OUT

1) They still have your passport, right? This is a good sign

2) Have you contacted the Embassy and asked? While one may think that "they will let us know" I know from my own experience that, if I hadn't emailed them and asked what was going on, I never would have found out until the passport was delivered. --- So, get a hold of them, pronto!

Trying to stay calm. I e-mailed them yesterday, but I have a feeling it could be a while before they get around to responding. I just hope nothing is wrong because we intend to get married next month on a date which is special to us. Of course, beggers can't be choosers.

Thank you for the response. :)

Excited for the future!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Trying to stay calm. I e-mailed them yesterday, but I have a feeling it could be a while before they get around to responding. I just hope nothing is wrong because we intend to get married next month on a date which is special to us. Of course, beggers can't be choosers.

Thank you for the response. :)

To be honest with you and without trying to create false expectations, I think you are being victim of their bureaucracy. They gave you a time frame of a week or two and you are at the 2 week mark.

Hopefully they'll reply to your email soon star_smile.gif

Timeline

I know how paranoid this process makes you, but you are lucky enough to be going through one of the fastest embasies out there. I don't think you need to worry at all. It's not like they have been sitting there waiting for your file to come in ;) They have many visas etc to deal with. I think you did the right thing by emailing them and all you can do now is just to wait. If they recieved it by now, you will have your visa within a week or so. They process it very fast in Stockholm! (it might be on it's way right now!). They would definately have let you know if something was wrong or missing - they do that pretty fast,too! Good Luck!

Timeline

I know how paranoid this process makes you, but you are lucky enough to be going through one of the fastest embasies out there. I don't think you need to worry at all. It's not like they have been sitting there waiting for your file to come in ;) They have many visas etc to deal with. I think you did the right thing by emailing them and all you can do now is just to wait. If they recieved it by now, you will have your visa within a week or so. They process it very fast in Stockholm! (it might be on it's way right now!). They would definately have let you know if something was wrong or missing - they do that pretty fast,too! Good Luck!

Thank you for the encouragement! It's definitely a process that can make you paranoid. Every day I race home to check my mail, but still nothing. I have a feeling everything is fine, or that if they are processing our case further, that it's something minor and trivial that won't take too long.

Just so hard to focus on the future when this most vital part is still missing. :(

Excited for the future!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

I know this is a 7 week old post, but for future readers, it seems like the Stockholm embassy has been slow in mailing out passports/visas lately. I'm on day 13 waiting for mine, nothing in the mail yet. Other Norwegian and Danish VJ members have reported waits of 10 - 16 days lately from interview until visa in hand.

Great Dane, if you're still around, how long did it take to get your visa?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.