guardianrey

F2A petition / Tourist Visa

7 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good Day to all!

My PD is September 22, 2010. Current PD is June 01, 2010. I think mine will become current minimum of 2 months and maximum of 4 months. I really want to spend christmas time with my family. Im planning to file for tourist visa. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Have you heard of cases wherein their PD is near then they applied for tourist visa and got approved?

Timeline

Please save your time and money. It is very likely that you will be denied.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Timeline

This is the conversation of the US Embassy in Manila and someone inquiring about (almost) the same question:

Taken from the Facebook wall of the US Embassy Manila

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ma********

Last month

U.S. Embassy

Good Day. I just want to ask if is it possible for me to apply for a tourist visa even if my husband already filed a petition for me last week. It is said that Immigrant Petition for Wife is to be 6 to 8 months. My husband and I have been away from each other right after our wedding last December 19, 2011 because of his work and length of stay here in the Philippines. Please, i'm asking for some advice from you. The reason why im asking this is for us to be together while waiting for the immigrant visa. Thank you so much..

U.S. Embassy, Manila Philippines

Last month

@ Ma *******

Hi Ma *******

While it is possible to qualify for a tourist visa in your situation, it would be more difficult. All tourist visa applicants are assumed by law to be intending immigrants until they demonstrate to a Consular Officer that they are not by demonstrating strong family, social and economic ties outside of the United States. In a situation like yours, the applicant's strongest family tie (their spouse) is to an U.S. citizen who permanently resides in the U.S. and the applicant's immigration petition shows that they do intend to immigrate eventually. An applicant in your situation would need to show strong social and economic ties that convinces the Consular Officer that the applicant will return to their home country after visiting and will process their immigrant visa overseas as the law requires.

Ultimately, it is up to you to decide if you wish to apply for a tourist visa. It never hurts to do a self-assessment from the viewpoint of a reasonable stranger as part of your decision making process. Good luck with your decision.

Sincerely, Admin CONS2

----------------------------------

I wouldn't waste my money for filing and just get denied in the process, at least the US Embassy is quite honest in their answer, that still leaves you the decision,... There is one forum member here who keeps on advising other members here to try and apply for a tourist visa, eventhough a petition has already been filed, it is actually a HIT or MISS, but with the response of the US Embassy in our country, the answer is quite clear...

Good Luck

PD ~ June 18, 2009

IMMIGRANT VISA APPROVED ~ March 15, 2012

VISA ON HAND ~ March 21, 2012

TOUCHDOWN California ~ April 8, 2012

GREEN CARD ON HAND ~ April 27, 2012

DMV Written ~ May 1, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

DMV Actual ~ May 21, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

California Driver's License ON HAND - June 11, 2012

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Good Day to all!

My PD is September 22, 2010. Current PD is June 01, 2010. I think mine will become current minimum of 2 months and maximum of 4 months. I really want to spend christmas time with my family. Im planning to file for tourist visa. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Have you heard of cases wherein their PD is near then they applied for tourist visa and got approved?

Hii dear... hope all is well !!

My pd is 16th nov 2010 . I tried for visitors visa to spend Christmas and new year with my husband. But unfortunately i did not get it.

The interview taker told that i can not get B1/B2 as i have applied for I 130.

So its waste of time and money !!

take care.

PD : NOVEMBER 14TH 2010 !!! Interview 14th march 2013 at New Delhi embassy.

Timeline

Hii dear... hope all is well !!

My pd is 16th nov 2010 . I tried for visitors visa to spend Christmas and new year with my husband. But unfortunately i did not get it.

The interview taker told that i can not get B1/B2 as i have applied for I 130.

So its waste of time and money !!

take care.

Really? When did you apply for ur tourist visa?

Timeline

Hi we have the same PD. Thay're right just save your money. We'll probably be current in the next 4 months so better save your money for the interview, medical, and plane ticket (which is very expensive.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.