Anabolic_Ben

Are Bar Girls Disqualified From Getting a Visa?

113 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Prostitution makes one ineligible for a visa.

I agree with Harpa, and guys do not forget that petitioner as well as beneficiary undergoes sophisticated underground check at USCIS, NVC and the American embassies each ground check is different, FBI data base and other enforcement agencies are used for that purpose (search Google for visa ground check and you will be surprised). The killing statement is he exchanged money for services!! it is different from what L & T purpose was, helping fiancée or fiancée family are not exchanging money for service

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I agree with Harpa, and guys do not forget that petitioner as well as beneficiary undergoes sophisticated underground check at USCIS, NVC and the American embassies each ground check is different, FBI data base and other enforcement agencies are used for that purpose (search Google for visa ground check and you will be surprised). The killing statement is he exchanged money for services!! it is different from what L & T purpose was, helping fiancée or fiancée family are not exchanging money for service

Good point, if she comes in contact with Americans frequently then she might be down on the record somewhere or even have been a K-1 beneficiary previously

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I seriously doubt this girl will be on the radar of anyone. We're talking Cambodia here, not the E.U.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

do not be judgmental about other, some of you are in relationships based lies, he is better off since he has a bit of the truth. people change and sometimes for better or worse. there is nothing much we can do about that. this is life. it is a gamble, it may turn out to be best thing in your life. for disclosal, sometimes it is not wise to be too much open.

good luck.

OP, I think the above post gives you your best clue of what to do if your choice is to go forward.. I personally know of two people who have gone through the process with bar-girls.. I imagine there are "more than a few" reading this thread or on VJ that met in the same fashion. Good luck.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Can we cut out the euphemisms here? I've never been to Asia and thus an unfamiliar with "bar girls" but what I assume you are saying is that you paid a prostitute to have sex with her and then decided that you wanted to bring her to the United States. What you should know, if that is the case, is that once she has to file for adjustment of status, she will have to answer the following questions:

Have you EVER, in or outside the United States, knowingly committed any crime of moral turpitude or a drug-related offense for which you have not been arrested?

Have you EVER, within the past 10 years been a prostitute or procured anyone for prostitution, or intend to engage in such activities in the future?

Have you EVER engaged in any unlawful commercialize vice, including, but not limited to, illegal gambling?

Also keep in mind that she will have to, on multiple occasions, declare ALL of her recent employment. Maybe you could try to put "bar girl" down, but it seems to me that the honest answer is "prostitute."

Keep in mind that all of these forms are sworn statements signed under penalty of perjury.

Edited by Mike B.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In my personal opinion...a lap dance is 100% different from prostitution.

Here's a scenerio:

If my fiance sends me money to drive to his house for the weekend. We just happen to have sexual relations while I'm there (like any couple does), is that prostitution?

Something to consider before you all go judging and making assumptions about people and their relationships. We are here to help each other through this grueling process. Not judge people based on their relationships or questions. Thats the USCIS's job and the Embassys. People need to become more open minded to diversity as there are hundreds of countries represented on this forum.

Not everyone is coming from the same place. We don't have to like someone's opinion or prospective, but we should respect it.

Your beliefs aren't the same as the next person. Don't throw your beliefs at them and demand they believe the same thing.

K-1 VISA ADVENTURE:
04-01-2012: Engaged in Detroit, Michigan at Comerica Park!
USCIS
05-02-2012: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
05-14-2012: Received Physical NOA1
08-09-2012: Received Physical NOA2
Montreal Embassy
08-21-2012: Package 3
09-06-2012: Package 4
11-12-2012: Medical in Toronto, Ontario (Approved-Went Well! Tip: Make sure you have ALL of your vaccinations up to date when you go to your medical exam! It CAN delay things.
11-19-2012: Interview in Montreal (APPROVED!!)
11-21-2012: Received Passport and Visa Package Back From Montreal (DHL/LOOMIS OPENED OUR SEALED ENVELOPE! SENT BACK TO MONTREAL ON 11-23-2012 TO BE RESEALED)
12-04-2012: Recevied resealed Visa package from Montreal
12-23-2012: POE: Port Huron, Michigan (Everything Went Great!)
02-16-2013: Wedding Date! We're MARRIED!

AOS

06-18-2013: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

06-20-2013: USPS Estimating Package Should Arrive in Chicago

06-24-2013: Received NOA Text and Emails for All Applications

06-27-2013: Received Physical NOAs for AOS, EAD and AP

07-16-2013: Biometrics Appointment

07-29-2013: I-485 Ready for Interview to Be Scheduled!!! YAY!!!! (No EXTREMELY Long Wait!)

08-02-2013: Received Mail with Interview Date!

09-03-2013: Interview in Detroit, Michigan (APPROVED!)

09-04-2013: EAD/AP Approved! (Even though it no longer matters because GC was approved the day before)

09-09-2013: Green Card mailed out via USPS 2-Day Air

09-11-2013: Received 2 Year Conditional Green Card in the Mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:pop:

It all comes down to this: A wise man once told me, "If it isn't in writing, it didn't happen."

Is there documentation available to show she is / was a bar girl?

Did you make and sign a contract for services, certify it and file it with the state?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

But no cam-girl references yet?

15 Mar 2012---Started talking online
25 Mar 2012---Texting and twice a day conversations
28 Mar 2012---Exclusive with each other
26 Apr 2012---Engaged
01 Jul 2012---Married in our hearts
24 Dec 2012---Visited for Christmas and New Year's In Zamboanga City

10 Jul 2013 -- Vacationed in Davao City, K1 application transffered

16 Aug 2013 -- NOA2!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

:pop:

It all comes down to this: A wise man once told me, "If it isn't in writing, it didn't happen."

Is there documentation available to show she is / was a bar girl?

Did you make and sign a contract for services, certify it and file it with the state?

The folks at the embassy are pretty good at sniffing them out. At least in Bangkok they are. They don't need to see anything in writing. All they need to do is say "relationship for immigration purposes only" or "Not a bonfide relationship" And that's the end of that. Happens all the time.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I don't even think that prostitution should be illegal but the bottom line is that prostitution IS illegal, and meeting a girl who makes a living by sitting at a bar telling people she'll have sex with them in exchange for money, and then giving her money for sex IS prostitution. Do I think that the US embassy will figure it out that she was a hooker? No, but then again the TOS of the page say that I cannot recommend that she just lie on all of her forms and perjure herself, which is what a lot of people seem to be saying she should do.

Finally, at the risk of being called judgmental, I do not think that it is a generally good practice to offer to marry foreign prostitutes that you have procured. If that makes me a terrible person, so be it.

Edited by Mike B.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Can we cut out the euphemisms here? I've never been to Asia and thus an unfamiliar with "bar girls" but what I assume you are saying is that you paid a prostitute to have sex with her and then decided that you wanted to bring her to the United States. What you should know, if that is the case, is that once she has to file for adjustment of status, she will have to answer the following questions:

Also keep in mind that she will have to, on multiple occasions, declare ALL of her recent employment. Maybe you could try to put "bar girl" down, but it seems to me that the honest answer is "prostitute."

Keep in mind that all of these forms are sworn statements signed under penalty of perjury.

In the OP's case it seems possible to honestly answer no to all 3 questions. Considering question #2, have you been a prostitute? Unless your are charged with the crime and convicted, the answer is no, in the eyes of the state. Only a court of law can deem you a prostitute. Anything else is personal opinion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bar-girl and Cam-girl are very different things.

Bar-girl though too I suppose could mean many things, not ALL bar-girls engage in prostitution, but I think in general the term is used mostly for those that do.

Cam-girls, if you mean someone performing on a webcam or something like that, is something else entirely and isn't in any way illegal. Prostitution requires in person contact.

Here's my .02

IF you are 100% honest with them, admit that you both engaged in prostitution, you 0% chance of getting her a visa.

IF you lie and don't get caught, you may succeed. I think people might give too much credit to them being about find out things like this on their own. Except I do believe they are pretty good about telling if someone is lying. Yet I'm sure it happens all that time that people fabricate stories of how they met.

IF you lie and get caught, she will face a ban, you will be in trouble as well. Probably not much would actually happen to you, I highly doubt they'd press charges and try to send you to jail. But they COULD. Probably not worth the risk.

I certainly don't recommend you lie. But I also think it's a bit ridiculous that prostitution is one of the things that can immediately deny you a visa, when in at least one area of the US (part of Nevada) prostitution is LEGAL. But whatever.

I think it's a real shame how many poor girls, out of desperation, are taken driven to it out of necessity, and are then forced to bear the stigma and consequences of it for a long time.

The thing you probably SHOULD do is to hire a good lawyer. Ask him/her what options you have, if any. If you really love this person, and she loves you, I wouldn't presume to say something as crass as 'never marry a bar-girl'. She's still a PERSON isn't she? As if the fact that she might have been driven to that, or that the OP chose to engage in prostitution is none of MY business.

He shouldn't lie, but I personally don't either of those should immediately disqualify two people who might actually really be in love. I suspect not ALL relationships of this type end in failure, maybe a lot do, but these people ought to have a chance at happiness too.

But you have a VERY tough case ahead of you if you proceed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.