Anabolic_Ben

Are Bar Girls Disqualified From Getting a Visa?

113 posts in this topic

The question was answered. Don't lie to USCIS. She'll be barred. End of story.

Besides, everyone should know by now that this is the internet. It is a public forum. Not everyone shares the same discretion or tact when answering questions. You don't like the answers? Don't ask the question. Simple as that.

The question was answered, but people still feel the need to make judgments about the relationship and circumstances that were NOT asked for. It has nothing to do with disliking the answers, it has everything to do with people not being able to keep their personal opinions out of it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

:thumbs: Tim/Mav- I agree. I do not believe any male or female working in a bar leasing their services actually wanted to sign up for that type of work. In developing countries it is a means to put food on the table. Then the person's fmaily gets used to the money and wham, before one knows it they have a career they never really wanted to sign up for. Kudos to those that can get away from it and to the OP for trying to make his relationhip work with her...

From my experience, it becomes a lifestyle. Even when there's no financial reason to continue in that line of work. It's never enough $. There's plenty of webistes in Thailand with univversity girls offereng their services. Those Coach handbags can be quite expensive. Not to mention the designer shoes. I'm sure some do it out of necessity, but once you cross that line how much money is enough?

Go to the Beach bar in KL, or Orchard Towers in Singapore. 75% of those girls are from Thailand. The other 25% from Vietnam and the Philippines. They know they can make alot more money there than Bangkok, Manila, or HCMC. I'd like to know how much of that money makes it back to the farm upcountry? I think not much.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

The question was answered, but people still feel the need to make judgments about the relationship and circumstances that were NOT asked for. It has nothing to do with disliking the answers, it has everything to do with people not being able to keep their personal opinions out of it.

IDK what to tell you. It's the internet.

USCIS - CSC/LOCAL OFFICE DC

12/5/11: NOA1

4/25/12: Case Transferred to Local Office (DC) for "Additional Processing"

4/27/12: Case Received at Local Office

5/15/12: RFE (daughter's birth cert)

5/15/12: RFE Evidence Sent (never received)

8/10/12: Infopass, evidence handed to officer adjudicating case

8/13/12: NOA2

NVC

8/20/12: Case Received

8/31/12: Case #/IIN Received

8/31/12: DS3032 Sent

9/11/12: ERROR MESSAGE! biggrin.png

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

9/14/12: AOS/IV marked as PAID

9/17/12: AOS delivered

9/20/12: IV delivered

9/25/12: AOS reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: IV reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: CASE COMPLETE11/27/12: Received Interview Date

01/11/13: Interview in San Salvador

03/15/13: 2nd Interview in SNS due to delayed medical report

I-601

3/21/13: Mailed to lockbox

3/22/13: Received at lockbox

9/25/13: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

From my experience, it becomes a lifestyle. Even when there's no financial reason to continue in that line of work. It's never enough $. There's plenty of webistes in Thailand with univversity girls offereng their services. Those Coach handbags can be quite expensive. Not to mention the designer shoes. I'm sure some do it out of necessity, but once you cross that line how much money is enough?

Go to the Beach bar in KL, or Orchard Towers in Singapore. 75% of those girls are from Thailand. The other 25% from Vietnam and the Philippines. They know they can make alot more money there than Bangkok, Manila, or HCMC. I'd like to know how much of that money makes it back to the farm upcountry? I think not much.

:thumbs:

Vegas is littered with those.

Timeline

As I read the replies and re-read yor original post:

"We are trying to decide whether to be honest and disclose this in our cover letters or lie and say we met somewhere else. Does the former disqualify her from getting a visa? It will no doubt raise suspicion, and the embassy there already has a very high denial rate from what I've heard."

I think you've answered your own question. There are heaps of stories like Karee's from numerous countries. If you are 100% honest I think you stand a 100% chance of getting a denial. That being said, are there men who did you are doing and end up happily married?, sure. However, I doubt they told the USCIS that they intended on bringing a prostitute the U.S. You will have to make a judgment call.

As I read the replies and re-read yor original post:

"We are trying to decide whether to be honest and disclose this in our cover letters or lie and say we met somewhere else. Does the former disqualify her from getting a visa? It will no doubt raise suspicion, and the embassy there already has a very high denial rate from what I've heard."

I think you've answered your own question. There are heaps of stories like Karee's from numerous countries. If you are 100% honest I think you stand a 100% chance of getting a denial. That being said, are there men who did you are doing and end up happily married?, sure. However, I doubt they told the USCIS that they intended on bringing a prostitute the U.S. You will have to make a judgment call.

Don't be so ~judgmental :P

NVC

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

I-601

True. I guess he could be truthful annd ask for a "waiver"? :unsure:

I feel like they don't waive prostitution... but IDK, I'm not trying to bring one here to the US. :whistle:

NVC

I-601

IDK what to tell you. It's the internet.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to tell me anything.

The OP got their answer. I hope they do the right thing, for themselves and for their fiance.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

you don't need to tell uscis how you meet, you just need evidence of relationship. however you will be asked how you meet at the embassy!

Application I-129F questions 18 asks you HOW, WHEN & WHERE you met. So yes you do need to tell USCIS how you met. Also in your fiance's G-325A it will ask for her previous employment. Even though she worked there for only 2 weeks it will most likely come up on the background check. Also the G-325A asks you not to leave any dates blank. So you either have to write that as one of her places of employment or write down unemployed.

I am not sure if you should lie bc if u do ur fiance could possibly be banned from entering the USA.

Good luck

event.png

event.png

Removal of Conditions
08/25/2015: I-751 Sent 08/28/2015: I-751 Delivered

09/04/2015: NOA1 Received 09/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
TBA: Interview Appointment TBA: Removal of Conditions Approved

AOS
06/11/2013: I-485 & I-765 Sent
06/13/2013: NOA1 Received (AOS & EAD)
07/11/2013: Biometrics Appointment 08/15/2013: EAD Approved
08/26/2013: EAD Card Received 09/16/2013: Interview Waived Letter Received
11/20/2013: AOS Approved

K-1
06/21/2012: I-129F Sent 06/27/2012: I-129F NOA1

12/21/2012: NVC Received 12/28/2012: NVC Left
01/07/2013: Consulate Received 02/27/2013: Interview Date

03/05/2013: Visa Received 03/15/2013: US Entry

Timeline

Application I-129F questions 18 asks you HOW, WHEN & WHERE you met. So yes you do need to tell USCIS how you met. Also in your fiance's G-325A it will ask for her previous employment. Even though she worked there for only 2 weeks it will most likely come up on the background check. Also the G-325A asks you not to leave any dates blank. So you either have to write that as one of her places of employment or write down unemployed.

I am not sure if you should lie bc if u do ur fiance could possibly be banned from entering the USA.

Good luck

Highly unlikey that it will show up on a background check regardless of how long she worked there. These are cash businesses that keep very few documents aside from their license to sell alcohol and taxes paid.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Highly unlikey that it will show up on a background check regardless of how long she worked there. These are cash businesses that keep very few documents aside from their license to sell alcohol and taxes paid.

Well that is good but they still ask for her work experience so what would she write if its a cash business?

event.png

event.png

Removal of Conditions
08/25/2015: I-751 Sent 08/28/2015: I-751 Delivered

09/04/2015: NOA1 Received 09/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
TBA: Interview Appointment TBA: Removal of Conditions Approved

AOS
06/11/2013: I-485 & I-765 Sent
06/13/2013: NOA1 Received (AOS & EAD)
07/11/2013: Biometrics Appointment 08/15/2013: EAD Approved
08/26/2013: EAD Card Received 09/16/2013: Interview Waived Letter Received
11/20/2013: AOS Approved

K-1
06/21/2012: I-129F Sent 06/27/2012: I-129F NOA1

12/21/2012: NVC Received 12/28/2012: NVC Left
01/07/2013: Consulate Received 02/27/2013: Interview Date

03/05/2013: Visa Received 03/15/2013: US Entry

Timeline

Well that is good but they still ask for her work experience so what would she write if its a cash business?

Gardner, Florist, Nanny, Self Employed.... All kinds of things.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

If she wishes to get a visa to come the U.S. it will not be listed. My fiancee had gaps between factory jobs, has stayed home helping her parents and helping out in her sister's tiny shop for the past few years, this never came up in her interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.