AngelnSteve

Some Questions Regarding Process

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am a UK citizen married to my wife (a US citizen) and I have a 10 year "green card". My daughter is 15 (16 in November)and living in the UK and wishing to move here with us.

I understand my wife can apply to have my daughter come over, which is likely to be a little swifter than if I were to. I have a few questions relating to all this:

1) My daughter is somewhat worried by the embassy interview in London (she will be attending with my ex-wife) - what sort of questions will they ask her?

2) Once approved what type of visa is she likely to receive and what would be the time-frame in which she must travel over here?

3) If I become Naturalized whilst my daughter is here, does this affect her in any way - or must she become Naturalized herself?

4) Will my daughter need to have a medical as I did (I came over on K3)?

Is there anything else I should know about this?

Happily married (save for distance) since August 2008!

NOA1: (130) Received within 2 weeks of filing.

NOA1: (129) Received within 2 weeks of filing.

I-130: Processed at 6 months 16 days

I-129: (F) Processed at 6 months 16 days (day before my birthday thank you USCIS!)

NOA2: (130) Received 6 days after approval.

NOA2: (129) Received 6 days after approval.

2nd July 2009 - NVC Received Case And Assigned Number.

10th July 2009 - Notification Received Stating K3 Package Sent To Beneficiary.

20th July 2009 - A One Sheet Letter Received With URL To Forms Required To Be Filled.

5th August 2009 - Medical Arranged.

14th August 2009 - Medical Taken.

27th August 2009 - IV-15 & Related Forms Signed For At London Embassy.

26th October 2009 - K3 Visa Interview - Approved! :D

..a lot of stuff..

December 19th 2011 - AoS Approved.. and sixteen Elephants fell from my shoulders.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

your daughter should have come with you,when you arrived in the u.s. and received your green card LPR you could have send for her, as immediate reltave, follow to join, or your us citizen wife could have petition for her before she becomes 18

you will need permission from your xwife, to bring your daughter to the united states,

Timeline

your daughter should have come with you

- Would that would have been possible, that would have happened.

when you arrived in the u.s. and received your green card LPR you could have send for her, as immediate reltave, follow to join, or your us citizen wife could have petition for her before she becomes 18. you will need permission from your xwife, to bring your daughter to the united states

- Appreciate your time, now can anyone answers my questions?

I-129: (F) Processed at 6 months 16 days (day before my birthday thank you USCIS!)

20th July 2009 - A One Sheet Letter Received With URL To Forms Required To Be Filled.

..a lot of stuff..

December 19th 2011 - AoS Approved.. and sixteen Elephants fell from my shoulders.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

1. Probably very few questions, mostly has she met your now-wife is she looking forward to moving, maybe has she visited the school she will attend? It would be good for her to bring some photos of you and her together, to establish you having a father- daughter relationship through the years.

2 She will receive an immediate relative visa. Once issued, it is usually valid 6 months (never more, occasionally less). Upon entry to the USA, she will get a greencard immediately.

3. She does not have to be naturalised, but she can if she wants to.

4. Yes she will need one and the appropriate vaccinations.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Many thanks Penguin. I just don't know, always seem to find new questions about all this stuff :unsure:

..a lot of stuff..

Timeline

When my daughter gets here how long would it be until she receives her Greencard?

Also.. once she has it are there any travel restrictions? How long can she return to the UK for without issue?

..a lot of stuff..

Timeline

She will get the physical greencard within 2-3 months in the mail, but she will get an endorsement on her visa page in her passport (just a stamp) that will act as a temp greencard, so she can travel, work, get a drivers license (so important to teenagers!) immediately.

To be save, she should be inside the USA more than outside in any 12 months rolling year, and never more than 6 months out side at one time. If she wants to return to the UK for a while, say to study in university, she can look into a re-entry permit, which would allow her to be abroad for up to 2 years.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Thanks for the reply.

The matter seems to be turning more complicated with the biological mother liking the idea less and less. She thought the Greencard would be less restrictive it seems. At what age would my daughter have the right to choose for herself?

..a lot of stuff..

Timeline

That would depend on the home country's laws. In the UK, I would imagine 18 but I am not sure.

The other option is to go to court over it and make the court allow you to remove the child from the UK.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.