one...two...tree

Chick-Fil-A To Cease Funding For Anti-Gay Organizations

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Chick-fil-A has pledged to stop giving money to antigay groups and to not engage in social or political debates, a Chicago-based lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) advocacy group reports.

The restaurant chain – which was at the epicenter of a media firestorm this summer after its president confirmed his company’s anti-gay stance – has agreed to cease donations to right-wing groups.

“We are very pleased with this outcome and thank Alderman Moreno for his work on this issue,” Anthony Martinez, executive director of TCRA, said in the statement. “I think the most substantive part of this outcome is that Chick-fil-A has ceased donating to organizations that promote discrimination, specifically against LGBT civil rights. It has taken months of discussion, both with our organization and with the Alderman, for Chick-fil-A to come forward with these concessions and we feel this is a strong step forward for Chick-fil-A and the LGBT community, although it is only a step.”

Said to be titled “Chick-fil-A: Who We Are,” the fast food chain’s “internal memo” reportedly states that they will “treat every person with honor, dignity and respect-regardless of their beliefs, race, creed, sexual orientation and gender.”

The New York Daily News says that a Chick-fil-A representative, asked for comment, would only say the company plans to “leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena,” but did not confirm that the donations would end.

Read more http://politicalgroove.com/2012/09/chick-fil-a-to-cease-funding-for-anti-gay-organizations.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I guess it's a win for the Homosexual crowd

:thumbs:

But bad news for America.

Today it is Gays telling chick-fil-a who they can donate to (if they want to do business) ,,,tomorrow, who knows what some politicians will demand.

I guess Chick-fil-i can now build.

Moreno relents, will allow Chick-fil-A

He says he's satisfied with LGBT statement of respect

A Chicago alderman who made national headlines during the summer for opposing a Chick-fil-A in his increasingly trendy Northwest Side ward has reversed course, saying he will let the fast-food chain open a store in Logan Square.

Ald. Proco "Joe" Moreno, 1st, said the restaurant has agreed to include a statement of respect for all sexual orientations in an internal document and promised that its not-for-profit arm would not contribute money to groups that oppose gay marriage.

Though Moreno said he scored a "big win," the company made nearly identical pledges in a July 19 Facebook post that went up even before Moreno took issue with Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy's opposition to gay marriage.

The statement of respect also falls short of Moreno's goal of adding language opposing discrimination against gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people to the company's employee handbook.

Moreno said the statement will be included in a memo called "Chick-fil-A: Who We Are" to be distributed to all corporate employees and restaurant operators. The alderman said the memo will state the company's commitment to "treat every person with honor, dignity and respect — regardless of their beliefs, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender." It also would state that it is the company's "intent ... not to engage in political or social debates."

Company officials did not respond to repeated requests to confirm Moreno's assertions about the document or the foundation's donation policies. Instead, company spokesman Jerry Johnston emailed the Tribune a copy of the statement it first posted on Facebook with very similar language to what Moreno said will be in the "Who We Are" document.

Moreno said he achieved his goal of getting Chick-fil-A to "affirm that they do not have discriminatory policies."

"It's one thing to say that's the way you feel — it's another thing to put it into a company policy and an official company statement," Moreno said.

In addition, Chick-fil-A agreed to a new traffic design for its 1st Ward restaurant, something Moreno also said he wanted.

Moreno first made national headlines in July when he said he would block construction of a Chick-fil-A in the 2500 block of North Elston Avenue because of comments Cathy made during an interview published in the Baptist Press. Cathy said he was "guilty as charged" for supporting "the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."

Critics questioned Moreno's commitment to free speech and whether he could legally block construction of the restaurant over the company owner's political views. Moreno insisted it was a civil rights issue.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel, a supporter of gay marriage, also entered the debate, saying, "Chick-fil-A's values are not Chicago's values."

Anthony Martinez, executive director of The Civil Rights Agenda, said the "Who We Are" statement is "a step forward" but "not the endgame."

"We would still like to see Chick-fil-A adopt ... (an) anti-discrimination policy that specifically states they won't discriminate based on sexual orientation or gender identity," Martinez said.

He said his group was more pleased with the pledge not to fund groups that oppose gay marriage, adding that it will monitor donations by WinShape, a company-affiliated nonprofit group that has made contributions to groups opposing gay marriage.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-09-19/news/ct-met-chick-fil-a-chicago-0919-20120919_1_gay-marriage-moreno-first-proco-joe-moreno

dncfascists.jpg

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

I ain't wetting my pants over a chicken sandwich. Looked to me as if you were wetting yours, though, Nazi pictures and all.

Actually it was a poster from the DNC 2012

:thumbs:

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I posted this the other day and nobody cared. :(

Maybe nobody likes you!

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Timeline

Jezz I hate to break it but the story being reported about CFA not donation to the groups in question may not be true.

I got an email this morning from a traditional marriage group which blasted Chick-fil-a for caving into the Nazi tactics of using commerce to punish a business they did not agree with.

Then tonight they sent out an update after getting through to a key person at Chick-fil-A who said - they will still support those groups in the future, the media is basically all copy-reporting one erroneous report.

We'll see.

William Penn

Timeline

Well looks like Ole Danno was right again.

When you guys want the "scoop" on the story before it comes out..... you just come to me. :dance:

Sep 21 2012

Chick fil-A Statement

Mike Huckabee

I talked earlier today personally with Dan Cathy, CEO of Chick Fil-A about the new reports that Chick Fil-A had capitulated to demands of the supporters of same sex marriage. This is not true. The company continues to focus on the fair treatment of all of its customers and employees, but to end confusion gave me this statement:

“There continues to be erroneous implications in the media that Chick-fil-A changed our practices and priorities in order to obtain permission for a new restaurant in Chicago. That is incorrect. Chick-fil-A made no such concessions, and we remain true to who we are and who we have been.”

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/mike-huckabee-news?ID=ed5ad355-ce28-47f4-806e-63cb9145e01a

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I posted this the other day and nobody cared. :(

Hint: We don't read what you post

To be honest I still don't care. Can we just make and eat chicken please? If Gays prefer some other restraunt, let them eat there. If Chick-Fil-A wants to support anti gay groups, so what? If they don't, so what?

It was a business decision nothing more. Why would Gays take pride in someome deciding they can make more money to keep their mouth shut? what makes you think for one secodn that Chick-Fil_a is not funneling the donations through straw mwn or corporations? It only shows how stupid people are.

I have nothing against gays, couldn't care less one way or another. Some people don;t like them, they need to accept that. As long as there are no LAWS which discrimiate against them, Danno should be allowed to spend all the money and worry he wants hiding his family from predatory Gays/Lesbians.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla