kpacitto

How to assemble forms and who to make checks payable to?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Quickie questions here:

Do I make both checks payable for the i130 and the i485 payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security?

And lastly, when I assemble all the forms into the envelope for mailing, should I staple the individual forms together, or use paper clip, and should I cip the checks and g1145 to the front of each form? And as I understand we need to include passport sized photos for us both in ziplock bags. Must all of these forms be in any particular order? I can't seem to find the answer to these questions on the USCIS website.

Thanks!

Also, I get child support. Do I include prrof of that payment in the same envelope with our apps, or should I just bring to the interview?

and medical exam papers should also go with the apps, yes?

Most of the answers are in the form instructions themselves. Looking them over again will help you avoid any other issues.

I will say that you should not use staples (clips are fine) because they are going to undo whatever you do and redo it their own way.

You only need one G-1145.

If you are using your child support to qualify as the sponsor for I-864, then yes, you must include proof of that and proof of your other income.

I would pay by personal check so you know when they cash it, but either way is fine.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

It says who to make the check out to exactly in the instructions, I swear :) Take another look?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would discourage using cashiers checks, and go with personal checks, like Harpa said. You can see when personal checks are cashed, which is a plus. But also, using cashier checks only really benefits the payee, not you. If those get lost, it will be pain to get them canceled and get your money back. If personal checks are used, then you get to hold on to your money until they are cashed. If they get lost, you just stop payment and write new checks. I really see no benefit to using cashiers checks or money orders.

(It's not that I think there's a huge chance that any of these things will get lost. But I don't like to risk my money. To me, cashiers checks and money orders are risky, and there's just no reason to do it.)

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.