Ramapuram

1. What’s the process at port of entry with wavier approved cases?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

1. Anyone denied entry on Immigrant visa?

2. Does the CBP Officer look down on wavier cases?

3. Do the Immigration Officer treat you right and civil?

4. What about if you don’t speak English?

My wife will be accompanied to U.S with our family friend. Our family friend entering U.S on non-immigrant visa.

* Can she help my wife in any way at port of entry since she doesn’t speak English?

I was told IM visa holder will be take to special room for processing.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

1. Anyone denied entry on Immigrant visa?

2. Does the CBP Officer look down on wavier cases?

3. Do the Immigration Officer treat you right and civil?

4. What about if you don't speak English?

My wife will be accompanied to U.S with our family friend. Our family friend entering U.S on non-immigrant visa.

* Can she help my wife in any way at port of entry since she doesn't speak English?

I was told IM visa holder will be take to special room for processing.

1 - No. On an immigrant - CR/IR - visa she will not be denied entry.

2 - The CBP officers will not re-scrutinize her case at the POE. They will simply complete the formalities required for the endorsement of her visa.

3 - Yes. CBP officers treat most in a very civil manner.

4 - You wife can ask for an interpreter or your friend can offer to be the translator. The CBP is not required to accept your friend's offer, although they oftentimes do.

Don't worry. She will be fine.

Good luck!

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

The beneficiary will be treated as any other immigrant would be. Nothing was brought up about our 601 or anything, just common conversation while processing. Best of luck!!

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

My husband was pulled to secondary inspection briefly, but the will treat you like any intending immigrant.

He was met in the tunnel exiting the plane( probably FBI) since this was the same airport he was removed from in 2007. They asked how I, a US born citizen, obtained my citizenship. They asked where he bought his visa and then briefly mdntioned his waiver approvals. This was an out of the ordinary occurrance and one he was out of the tunnel it was smooth sailing.

Congrats!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.