relshamy

Vermont service center

50 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I've been following this forum for a few months but it's my first time posting. I had a question. What's going on with the Vermont Center? I used to hear that it's the fastest processing center and got really excited when my papers were processed there. Now looking at the chart it says next to the processing time Feb. 27, 2012. Does that mean they haven't processed any since that date or that they are now working on the papers that they received around that date? They received my papers mid May so it's now been about four months. I was hoping I'd be hearing from them soon but after seeing that chart last night I got very disappointed :( I am just wondering if anyone here is in the same boat. If you've forwarded your papers to Vermont around the same time and if you heard back from them yet? This waiting period is killing me :( Thanks to anyone for replying.

Our NOA1 date is February 28 ~ today is day 205 of our torturous wait. I called USCIS 2 weeks ago to ask for a service request and was told that if I didn't get the text or hear anything by the beginning of October, I could then call back for a service request. I don't understand either how they are working things there. It pisses me off to no end when I see NOA1 dates of March, April, May, etc. getting their NOA2's from VSC and there is nothing I can do to expedite ours. We feel forgotten; like our future is hanging by a thread and blowing in the Vermont breeze. The word "stress" doesn't even begin to cover our journey so far... :wacko: I sincerely hope that you are not put through what we've gone through. Best wishes and best of luck to you both.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

9 months ago VSC was much faster than CSC. Then likely the adjudicators at VSC were moved to other visa types while at CSC adjudicators were moved from other visa types to K1. It can go back and forth at any time. CSC may slow waaaaay down (I hope not) and VSC may speed waaaaay up (I hope so).

Your petition is in a box somewhere in the office in Vermont with a bunch of other petitions. From what I've read they are usually pretty good about pulling boxes in order, but just like any office environment things aren't always perfect. The other petitions in the box with yours all have pretty much the same date, within a day or two. Imagine hundreds of boxes, sometimes a box gets pulled out of order. They are doing the best they can, but they are human, just like me and you.

Good luck, and hopefully for all of us the process speeds up!

We're in the same boat, mid May. I dont know what to do if things dont speed up soon.

We called some time ago and was told to call back mid october which was the date in our timeline when we started this, now its predicting late November :(

Sometimes I think the K1 road was a bad choice, but we were told it was the fastest.

Looking back, im not so sure anymore...

:(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Yeah, waiting stinks. We're June filers...I can't imagine what Feb filers must be feeling...and I hope I don't find out. SO...we started a petition. Please sign, it can't hurt!

06/20/2012 -- I-129F mailed

06/28/2012 -- NOA1 VSC

12/31/2012 -- NOA2

01/08/2013 -- Left NVC

01/11/2013 -- Arrived at Embassy

01/17/2013 -- Received Packet 3

02/05/2013 -- Interview (APPROVED)

02/08/2013 -- Received Passport with Visa

02/16/2013 -- Arrive in US

SIGN OUR PETITION to Speed Up Visa Processing!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

January filer here... and still waiting.... so I don't even look at Igor's time lines any more. To depressing to see people after us getting approvals. Even those with RFE's after us getting approvals... Our story so far is in my signature. Vermont is way backlogged and they really need to pass off some files to CSC. 70 day approval vs. 6 - 7 months is not fair..

Kimberley and Richard
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Montreal, Canada
2012-01-25 : I-129F Sent
2012-01-27 : VSC Received
2012-01-31 : I-129F NOA1 Notice Date
2012-02-01 : Touch
2012-07-05 : RFE Email (after 161 days)
2012-07-11 : RFE Received in Mail
2012-07-12 : RFE Reply Sent via USPS Overnight
2012-07-13 : RFE Reply Received at VSC at 12:16 PM
2012-07-18 : Case status updated to: "Request for Evidence Response Review"
2012-09-20 : Service Request Submitted with Tier 2 ISO
2012-09-25 : NOA2 Approved after 242 days!!
2013-01-07: Medical
2013-01-22: Interview - Approved! smile.png

My blog and video review of the Montreal Hotel that we stayed in: http://fanatictourist.com/blog/travel-tales/review-le-square-phillips-hotel-and-suites-montreal-canada/

2013-04-30: POE - Sarnia / Pt. Huron

2013-05-06: Made it legal.

2013-06-10: Apply for AOS, EAD and AP

2013-08-27: EAD / AP Received
2013-09-17: Greencard Received

2013-09-28: Wedding! smile.png

2015-06-15: Sent I-751 Application - Removal of Conditions.
2015-11-23: Approved
2015-12-02: 10 yr Green Card Rec'd.

It is hard for everyone to understand, even the ones working at VCS))There is no rime or reason why they jump around you can call 5 times a day and get 5 different answers. One thing we all (VJers) are helping each other with info and part of this is time lines, please fill all you times and that gives other a little help and hope. Plus at the bottom of your time line Igor will estimate your approval time. Good luckquote]

Sorry to say Igor's list is not accurate for everyone. From what I can gather they are processing based on the region your application came from. For instance when I call and ask what date they are processing at csc for the I-129f after they take all of my info they then ask what is my zip code and then they give a date. I have also heard that some counties they process faster, however when I asked that they said no. But my sister did the fiance visa from Haiti and even with a rfe start to her fiance arriving in the US with her only took 4 months. She got her Noa2 in 30 days. So who knows how they are really processing them. All we can do is wait and pray that the process goes by quickly.

Best of luck to everyone!

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: All you can do is sit back; hope, pray and wait for a response from VSC. My congressional office told me today after an inquiry that I should hope that they look at my file by DECEMBER. :crying: :crying: :crying:

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I was a January filer and we had our interview September 14. My husband picks up his visa and documents Monday. Hopefully that is some positive news for everyone waiting here.

Hello everyone,

I've been following this forum for a few months but it's my first time posting. I had a question. What's going on with the Vermont Center? I used to hear that it's the fastest processing center and got really excited when my papers were processed there. Now looking at the chart it says next to the processing time Feb. 27, 2012. Does that mean they haven't processed any since that date or that they are now working on the papers that they received around that date? They received my papers mid May so it's now been about four months. I was hoping I'd be hearing from them soon but after seeing that chart last night I got very disappointed :( I am just wondering if anyone here is in the same boat. If you've forwarded your papers to Vermont around the same time and if you heard back from them yet? This waiting period is killing me :( Thanks to anyone for replying.

Patience is the key to paradise

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

thanks for the reply guys. That's horrible though :( Feb. 27th and you still haven't heard back??? I wish you the best of luck as well.

What I am confused about though is that I've seen others from March in vermont receive there NOA2. I am still a bit confused on how all this works!!

I really hope they start speeding things up a bit. Cuz this waiting period is just ridiculous! Good luck to all of you. My prayers are with you all.

... don't worry so is VSC it seems

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Hello everyone,

Sorry it takes so long, idk whats goin on with them they are just slow, average time now is closer to 6 months so only a little more to wait ok, hopefully it turns around soon and they can start processing these things in 4 months(or 3 as in csc!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Marai!!! We dont see you in march 2012 thread :o here is the link if interested :) May march filers are getting approved now!! http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/355670-march-2012-filers/page__pid__5703650__st__1875#entry5703650

ill be there :)

Timeline

Hello everyone,

Im a March 9th filer in VSC. They are really slow..I waited for 6 months and 11 days before my NOA2. I just got it today..

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

3/2/2012- I-129F packet sent to VSC

3/9/2012- NoA1

3/14/2012- NoA1 received in mail

9/20/2012- NOA2

9/24/2012- NOA2 received via mail

9/28/2012- NVC received approved petition

10/7/2012- MNL Case # received

10/15/2012- Medical at SLMC

11/2/2012- VISA Approved!

12/6/2012- POE, Dulles, Washington DC (welcomed by his parents with warm hug and flowers!)

2/8/2013- Applied for SSN in Rockville, MD

2/12/2013- WEDDING DAY!

--------AOS------------

3/12/2013- Submitted AOS to Chicago, IL

3/21/2013- NOA1 received via email

3/22/2013- Check cashed

3/30/2013- Letter received for Biometrics appointment on 4/15

04/15/2013- Biometrics Done!

Salamat (Thank you) Lord!

Based on timeline data, your EAD may be adjudicated between May 12, 2013 and May 14, 2013*

Hi,

I am so sorry to learn about your "extended" wait for any news from the VSC. Try to remember you are dealing with a governmental agency. For example, if they did everything today what would they do tomorrow. Heaven knows, they have no desire to work themselves out of a job.

Try to always keep in mind, "patience" is a learned...

My authority, expert, tells me that your wait should only average about 7 months from submittal, acknowledgement and approval. Also, keep in mind that the workload of each service center is load based. You are in the process and that is most important. Patience..., trust me, I know the feeling...

Sid

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.