AlohaBabes

update in CFO Seminar in CEBU!!!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aloha Everyone!!

This is for all who will still attend their CFO seminar in CEBU!!

I just called yesterday and they said that SMEF-COW doesnt cater seminar anymore.. They just transfer it this week, last Monday.

ALL seminars will be at CFO office, the old DFA office in Cebu, near Santo Nino.

They said you need to be there very early in the morning so you can get a slot.. only 12 person per pay.. She said some are already there 4am in the morning.

Bring all the required documents.

- 2 valid ID's

- NBI clearance

- CENOMAR

- Birth certificate of you and your fiance ( photocopy )

- Passport photos (2x2) 2 pcs

- Passport ( photocopy the biographic data),

- photocopy of your petitioners passport.

- Evidence of on going relationship including pictures of you together

- Divorce decree/ annulment if you have

- your petitioners ITR that shows his status

NOTE: photocopy all documents: passport, BC, cenomar, NBI..etc.. dont give them originals

If you like to inquire more about it.. just call their office at 255-5253

Goodluck!!!:dance:

Edited by AlohaBabes

event.png

Timeline

My fiance went to CFO in Cebu yesterday. She was in line very early - I'm not sure exactly what time but I think maybe 4 am. They only allow 12 people per day to take the class so there is always a line now I guess.

As I think AlohaBabes said, they moved CFO counseling as of this Monday to a different place and SMEF-COW is no longer involved. This has made things worse overall I think because now the 12 person limit is a problem.

She said it was a very long day at CFO. She had a one-on-one interview for at least an hour. She said the counselor was not very nice and asked her questions like:

where did you meet?

why does he love you?

what are your fiance's parents background and jobs?

when did he propose and where?

why did your fiance get divorced?

how can your fiance support you as well as his children that he has already from previous marriage?

how much money does he make?

They also wanted copies of a lot of documents that she didn't have copies of (I'd told her she could make copies of things at CFO because I heard there were copy machines there) and she couldn't make copies because I think (?) there are no copy machines at the new office.

So she has a followup appointment to come back in a week with copies of some documents.

We hope that will close out the CFO experience - she said it was a very difficult and long day for her.

So I'd recommend getting into CFO and not waiting because apparently it can take some work depending on which counselor you get for your one-on-one session.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh also she said they asked for form I-342 but I think she meant I-394 - another form she couldn't copy there for them.

What is the I-342/I-394 ?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

What is the I-342/I-394 ?

I don't know what I-342 is, never heard of it. I-394 is the U.S. govt form you submit at your embassy interview to show you make enough money to support your fiance.

Thanks for the info.. :thumbs:

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

Timeline

I don't know what I-342 is, never heard of it. I-394 is the U.S. govt form you submit at your embassy interview to show you make enough money to support your fiance.

I think you mean i-134. affidavit of support? Im sorry to hear about that from your fiance.. She actually texted me yesterday about it.. SHe said it was very difficult. and there are some women there who are crying because they hold them.. Wow! cant believe its happening in there. Hope she can get through it and finished it on Monday!

Edited by AlohaBabes

event.png

Timeline

I think you mean i-134. affidavit of support? Im sorry to hear about that from your fiance.. She actually texted me yesterday about it.. SHe said it was very difficult. and there are some women there who are crying because they hold them.. Wow! cant believe its happening in there. Hope she can get through it and finished it on Monday!

Oh yes you are right - I-134 it is. I have no idea where I got that other number haha. :rofl::bonk:

Yah, if only she had gone last week it would have been easy but she was going to wait for her friend to get another ID to go with her. But our embassy interview is almost here so I asked her to go ahead on her own. I'm glad I did because it seems like this could be a long process. Based on what she told me I have my doubts whether she'll even get cleared next week when she goes back. I think they'll ask her to come back again for something else after that.

It seems like this new CFO process is hard because of only 12 slots per day and even worse the counselors there are very hard on the people who come there, asking all sorts of crazy questions and using no good reason to delay and cause trouble for them. There is no oversight of them it seems so it's abuse of power to make lives miserable for people who are forced to go there. It's not education, it's harassment. :wacko:

Thanks for your help on all of this AlohaBabes. I'm glad you made it through before all of these changes. At least that's one person out of their control. :thumbs:

Edited by newbster

Timeline

Oh yes you are right - I-134 it is. I have no idea where I got that other number haha. :rofl::bonk:

Yah, if only she had gone last week it would have been easy but she was going to wait for her friend to get another ID to go with her. But our embassy interview is almost here so I asked her to go ahead on her own. I'm glad I did because it seems like this could be a long process. Based on what she told me I have my doubts whether she'll even get cleared next week when she goes back. I think they'll ask her to come back again for something else after that.

It seems like this new CFO process is hard because of only 12 slots per day and even worse the counselors there are very hard on the people who come there, asking all sorts of crazy questions and using no good reason to delay and cause trouble for them. There is no oversight of them it seems so it's abuse of power to make lives miserable for people who are forced to go there. It's not education, it's harassment. :wacko:

Thanks for your help on all of this AlohaBabes. I'm glad you made it through before all of these changes. At least that's one person out of their control. :thumbs:

Dont worry. I know she will get through it.. What the counselor wants is, she have to know you more, even better. Maybe you can talk about it with her, of all the things they ask about you.

But I dont agree with all the questions and hardship they cause to all applicants. They dont have the right to hold us.. They can educate us in a nice way, but not to the extent that they are already

harassing us. I dont agree with that anymore.

Its like they are controlling our lives already.

Good thing about my interview was She just told me its all up to me.. at least i know now what to do in case something happened.. The counselor was nice.

Im sorry that your fiance is experiencing this right now.. But i know she will get through it, and I know you will be there to support her, even if your far.

If she needed help or questions with Usem, i would like to help too..

Good luck and God bless to both of you!:D

event.png

Timeline

That is the I-134C for support. CFO never asked for a copy of that with my wife... hmm are they getting even more nuts there trying to interrogate people like the embassy?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

That is the I-134C for support. CFO never asked for a copy of that with my wife... hmm are they getting even more nuts there trying to interrogate people like the embassy?

It seems they are more strict with K1 applicants. for some doesn't even know their petitioner basic info like complete address...

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

Timeline

It seems they are more strict with K1 applicants. for some doesn't even know their petitioner basic info like complete address...

My wife was a K-1 at the time.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

My wife was a K-1 at the time.

I think CFO Main Office seems super strict compare to SMEF-COW where I attended my CFO.

cuz at SMEF-COW my one-on-one counseling only lasted for 5min. a total of less than 3hrs

session and releasing of certificate.

Edited by VirtualLee

Our Time Line
CR-1/CR-2

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! i'm new here, i just wanna ask more bout the CFO counseling, will they need a copy of CENOMAR? we're already married i have that copy when we applied for our marriage license, but i wasn't able to make a copy of that for us. SHOULD i really need to get a copy of that from NSO for the counselling?

Thanks so much !!

Timeline

Hi! i'm new here, i just wanna ask more bout the CFO counseling, will they need a copy of CENOMAR? we're already married i have that copy when we applied for our marriage license, but i wasn't able to make a copy of that for us. SHOULD i really need to get a copy of that from NSO for the counselling?

Thanks so much !!

They will ask for a copy of a CEMAR (for married) the same as the embassy (only the embassy wants an original)

CFO:

ALL exiting required to attend. There have been changes regarding CFO so for sure read through their website.

Update: Please check the schedule of the counseling session before proceeding to CFO because it is country-specific and the slots are limited only to 15 per session (exception: Tuesday & Thursday mornings there are 30 slots). It is on a first-come-first-serve basis.

http://www.philembassy.no/sites/default/files/downloads/new_gcp_flyer.pdf

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.