G and S

Medical Exam Questions

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Dear All - My wife is waiting for her interview date (IR1/CR1 category) and we had some questions regarding the medical examination prior to the interview. She does not have any medical records for her vaccinations.

How will this be handled during the examination? Will they just assume that she has not received any shots and give all of them? Should we consult a local doctor who can possibly take blood test to determine the vaccinations that are already present?

Finally, as per consulate web site, the approved centers for this examination is in Chennai and Hyderabad. Is there any center in Bangalore (she is based in Bangalore)?

Thanks

If she can not provide proof of shots she has taken the will give her all of her shots all over again. Not really sure about having a blood test done to show what shots are in her system.

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear All - My wife is waiting for her interview date (IR1/CR1 category) and we had some questions regarding the medical examination prior to the interview. She does not have any medical records for her vaccinations.

How will this be handled during the examination? Will they just assume that she has not received any shots and give all of them? Should we consult a local doctor who can possibly take blood test to determine the vaccinations that are already present?

Finally, as per consulate web site, the approved centers for this examination is in Chennai and Hyderabad. Is there any center in Bangalore (she is based in Bangalore)?

Thanks

I had my medical done in Chennai. I didnt provide any medical records for vaccinations, and they didnt even ask me for that. :)

They just gave me 2 mandatory shots, as everyone else got the same. :)

It was easy medical.

XrVRp5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks

No..

Please just go to the Medical Center as mentioned in Consulate Website along with appointment letter and two passport sized photos. They will ask you to fill up the form in which you will have to fill up your medical history, passport number, permanent address, correspondence address, other basic formalities and then you need to sign it...Later then you will be asked for medical examination such as; Weight, Height, Blood Pressure, Eye Checking, X-Rays, Blood Testing...After doing all these things, you will have to wait for Physician Call...then Physician (Doctor) will call you and examined by stethoscope and will check your lungs from front and back...and then will check your stomach from left & right hand side with her/his hands.

Doctor will ask you if you had chicken pox, tuberclosis in past...most of person say Yes for Chicken Pox i.e VH history...If "yes" for Tb then she/he ask you for history otherwise not.

Then its complete. Next day you will get your Medical Report. If anything abnormal comes in Medical Report then Visa guy at hospital will inform you that you will have to go under another test.

Do not make choice of Medical Center with your own... You just need to get the report from mentioned Hospitals & Clinics on Consulate Website.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi

Forgot to write...

Two vaccination are mandatory for everyone i.e one for Measel and another for Tetanus. And that will cost 995 in Rupees.

Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Vaccination Record is not necessary. my Wife had an Medical yesterday. You will be alright.

Hey Tycoon...can u tell where did ur wife had her Medicals,......????In Gujarat or other state..???

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

May Taurus

She had an medical in Punjab and no question asked about previous Vaccination. She got couple of shots i do not know which one and medical report pickup in two days.

OK....Iy all depends upon Doctor conducting ur Medical...If they think to give u extra shots they will suggest u and if not then only 2 vaccines will be given...

By the way here in A'bad apollo hospitals..they provide Medical Report by evening same day if all goes well....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.