metsphan23

how long after work card is received until interview?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello, my wife just received today her work authrorization card. but, we want her married name instead of her single name, so we need to wait until the interview to make that change. how long after we get the card do we get the interview? i assume it varies? please help

thanks

When she pass the interview they will stamp her passport w EAD right away. So she can work as soon as she has that stamp on her passport.

Petition for my Mom

11/11/12 - Sent application
11/15/12 - Priority date
11/ /12 - NOA1
01/15/13 - RFE noticed recieved
01/17/13 - Mailed RFE documents
01/26/13 - APPROVED

NVC JOURNEY

02/04/13 - Case recieved
02/25/13 - Case number assigned
02/28/13 - Recieved email from NVC
02/28/13 - Sent Choice of Agent from beneficiary email add
02/28/13 - Paid AOS bill
03/06/13 - AOS "paid"
03/08/13 - Choice of agent accepted
03/11/13 - Recived IV bill
03/12/13 - Sent AOS packaged
03/27/13 - Recieved RFE for I-864A
04/02/13 - Re send I-864A
07/01/13 - Paid IV bill

07/29/13 - Sent IV Packet

08/01/13 - NVC Recieved Packet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

If she wanted her married name to be at her EAD and her greencard she should have filled her entire AoS with her new name just like I did. That's how a you do it. If you check all the forms for AOS they ask the name (new name) and other question about which used to be the name at the moment of POE (maiden). Now you have to submitt the i90 if Im notwrong and pay a fee to change everything (her EAD, AD and GC). If you dont do that all her papers and documents will have her maiden name for now on until you change it. Actually it worked cause all my noas 1 and the biometric appointment letter, everything came with my new name. Actually, that's the main reason why I dont have my ssn yet, cause I wanted to wait my EAD to have my ssn with my new name.

Edited by Andrea&Henry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

I also read that you can have it change during the interview but IM NOT SURE, im pretty sure bout submitting the I 90 with the fee to get her name change but the other one not so sure. Maybe some people here can help you, cause if Im not wrong maybe during your intervew you may change it. But be sure first

Edited by Andrea&Henry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

I also read that you can have it change during the interview but IM NOT SURE, im pretty sure bout submitting the I 90 with the fee to get her name change but the other one not so sure. Maybe some people here can help you, cause if Im not wrong maybe during your intervew you may change it. But be sure first

That's what I tried to do yesterday at my interview, I thought it's gonna work.

The officer said he can't do that because if I changed the name on my application, the FBI have to do a new background check and fingerprints on THAT name. So it takes few months? I don't know if that's true,but we just gave up.

jF5Jm7.png

AOS from F1:
Day0 -- 2012.05.08 Sent packet through USPS
Day1 -- 2012.05.09 Packet delivered at 1:29pm
Day7 -- 2012.05.15 Emails/texts acceptance confirmation at 5:16pm
Day8 -- 2012.05.16 Checks been cashed in the morning
Day11--2012.05.19 I-797C 4 hard copies received.
Day14--2012.05.22 Biometrics Appointment received. Scheduled for June 5th.
Day15--2012.05.23 Biometrics Completed at 1:30pm (2 weeks earlier than the scheduled date)
Day27--2012.06.04 Card production ordered for EAD&AP
Day28--2012.06.05 Second card production ordered email received for EAD.(why?)
Day30--2012.06.07 EAD&AP Combo Card mailed
Day32--2012.06.09 EAD&AP Combo Card received
Day98--2012.08.14 Interview scheduled for Sep.18th @12:30pm(thank god I don't have school that day)
Day100-2012.08.16 Interview notice hard copy received
Day133-2012.09.18 Interview!! I-485 updated to Card Production around 3:30pm
Day134-2012.09.19 Online Update: I-130 approved; I-485 New permanent Resident Status Registered.
Day136-2012.09.21 Second Card production Email.
Day141-2012.09.26 GreenCard received. (Done for 2 years!)

ROC:

Day0 -- 2014.07.07 Sent package to CSC by USPS

Day1 -- 2014.07.08 Package delivered

Day3 -- 2014.07.10 Check has been cashed

Day4 -- 2014.07.11 I-797 Hard Copy Received

Day12--2014.07.19 Biometrics Appointment received. Scheduled for Aug 5th.

Day23--2014.07.30 Biometrics Completed @1pm (6 days early)

Day95--2014.10.10 Card Production

Timeline

That's what I tried to do yesterday at my interview, I thought it's gonna work.

The officer said he can't do that because if I changed the name on my application, the FBI have to do a new background check and fingerprints on THAT name. So it takes few months? I don't know if that's true,but we just gave up.

Im sorry to hear that but at least you are togethr and its a matter of time to change it!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

she didnt know which name to put when filing all the forms, so she put her single name, cause thats the only id she had at the time...

so should we wait until the interview? the i90 is for replacing a green card, we only recieved the work authorization card...

For what I read you can use it also for things like that but is always good having others opinion and experiences! And I know what you say, I always knew that I wanted to take my husband's name but I was afraid of illing the AoS with it cause I only had m marriage certificate to proved it. But Iwent here and people told me to fill my entire AoS in order to get alll my paperwork and documents with my new name. Im a reading about a couple who tried to change it at the moment of her interview and they couldn't that's why I wasn't sure cause some people worked and with some peope didn't work. The thing is when you have your biometric taken, basically you are dealing with he FBI. That fingerprints, signature and picture ar attach to a name (is the name you used to fill your AoS) and have your nae change after that means that you need o notify, in some way, that the finger prints etc etc belongs to the same people but with a new name. That's the point and unfortunely I dont know how to do it. Hope somebody here may help you

Edited by Andrea&Henry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Timeline

For what I read you can use it also for things like that but is always good having others opinion and experiences! And I know what you say, I always knew that I wanted to take my husband's name but I was afraid of illing the AoS with it cause I only had m marriage certificate to proved it. But Iwent here and people told me to fill my entire AoS in order to get alll my paperwork and documents with my new name. Im a reading about a couple who tried to change it at the moment of her interview and they couldn't that's why I wasn't sure cause some people worked and with some peope didn't work. The thing is when you have your biometric taken, basically you are dealing with he FBI. That fingerprints, sign and picture ar attach to a name (is the name you used to fill your AoS) and have your nae change after that means that you need o notify, in some way, that the finger prints etc etc belongs to the same people but with a new name. That's the point and unfortunely I dont know how to do it. Hope somebody here may help you

but on the card we recieved, it has her single name, but she signed it with her married name..the lady at the time said it was ok to sign it with her married name..so maybe she can work?

Of course she can work... why do you think she can't? Because it has her maiden name on it? There is no place to sign on the card itself...

Your interview appointment will come on its own timeline, unrelated to the timing of her EAD approval.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

With the EAD she can ork right now! The name discussion has nothing to do with it

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't even know how the subject of working got involved. Anyway, I've seen some people say they got their name changed at the interview, but others couldn't. You'll just have to ask and hope they say yes.

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.