mikey and lizzie

cheap tickets/animal travel

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi again... just wanted to know if anybody can tell me cheaper flights from manila to new york? i also wanted to know if anybody here travelled with their pet dog and what airline accepts pet travel?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

u can use kayak... i actually saved just a few $$ going to their website to access delta pricing. ANA/United seems to be best but thats a long flight. fare compare didnt do me justice this year. I would have preferred a asian carrier, but took into account time in the air and layovers, so i opted for delta. Also to consider is your POE. U can schedule your flights thru a POE thats not too busy. Seattle has 1 stop flights via chicago ( used them before) and they also have red eye flights.

Regarding animal travel, i know nothing about that :)

best of luck!!!!!

Ed & Loida

BT-TravelStore has the cheapest rates I have seen on the web;. Usually saves $50 plus from what I have gone through. Delta seems to offer decent flights from Manila as does American Airlines. AA goes through China and Delta through Japan. Having a pet is no fun. I did this while on assignment. You will need to make sure all your documents, shots etc are pre-approved. I actually hired a pet transporter and it still was a pain as I could not take my cat on board with me. She flew separate due to Cathay Pacific rules at that time.

Double check the airline requirements prior to booking your ticket. Each one has their own set of rules. Also check your layover countries to ensure all your documents for your animal are okay there. It all can be done. I am just trying to keep you from having your pet quaranteened.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi again... just wanted to know if anybody can tell me cheaper flights from manila to new york? i also wanted to know if anybody here travelled with their pet dog and what airline accepts pet travel?

Most all airlines have pet travel, but they are placed in cargo area. Therefore airlines only allow pet travel during certain times of the year due to extreme heat or cold.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Some of the airlines allow in-cabin pets on international flights if the dog is small enough. Unfortunately I don't know what airlines fly the route you are looking for. If you have that option, it's much healthier for the animal.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~~Albert Schweitzer

8lrSm4.png
Meg and Alan

Initially filed for K1 visa - Feb 23 2012

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we've abandoned this application

We married on Aug 24, 2013 in a small ceremony in MA

We'll be applying for a CR1 / IR1 visa as soon as we are able

Watch this space for updates!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Progress to Off-Topic -- subject not related to a specific immigration process. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

BT-TravelStore has the cheapest rates I have seen on the web;. Usually saves $50 plus from what I have gone through. Delta seems to offer decent flights from Manila as does American Airlines. AA goes through China and Delta through Japan. Having a pet is no fun. I did this while on assignment. You will need to make sure all your documents, shots etc are pre-approved. I actually hired a pet transporter and it still was a pain as I could not take my cat on board with me. She flew separate due to Cathay Pacific rules at that time.

Double check the airline requirements prior to booking your ticket. Each one has their own set of rules. Also check your layover countries to ensure all your documents for your animal are okay there. It all can be done. I am just trying to keep you from having your pet quaranteened.

Timeline

hi thanks for the help guys.. anyways regarding pet travel.. i did experienced that when i took my cat home from the middle east but im bringing my dog to the US from manila.. he has complete vaccinations done.. is it a requirement to have him vaccinated in countried that will have layovers?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Off Topic to the Philippines regional subforum, where there's more experience with flight arrangements plus dealing with pets. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been reading on traveling with pets for in the future when we travel back to the Phils, small pets can travel in the airplane but the carrier has to be able to fit under the seat. I know the pet has to have current vaccinations but not sure about what forms, if any, the Vet would have to complete. I read there is no quarantine coming to the states nor going to the Phils. You may want to do some searching on the web for details.

As for flights I don't know about which airline, I always fly Hawaiian.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

i think your pet need short of visa lol joking :rofl:

after you booked your flight call the airline that your travelling w/your pet..you just need to pay for it..i think $100.

if you have connecting flight they will take care of that too just like your baggage.

goodluck :thumbs:

Edited by Fight for Love

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.