RnB

Will a USC be allowed to attend spouse's USEM interview?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Zamboanga huh? I suppose you're not going to fly there and meet her.

I attended the interview and when we both walked up to the interview with the US consular, he told me thanks for my long trip to the Philippines and please have a seat. They interviewed my fiancee for 5 minutes. 10 minutes later, they called me up to the window and interviewed me fir 5 minutes. Never know what they will do. Good luck

I land in Zamboanga City at 635pm on 24 December 2012 where she will be waiting. I will leave 2 Jan 2013 at 700pm where she will be watching me leave. I am spending all that time with her and her family during the holidays. Why would you think I am not flying there?

15 Mar 2012---Started talking online
25 Mar 2012---Texting and twice a day conversations
28 Mar 2012---Exclusive with each other
26 Apr 2012---Engaged
01 Jul 2012---Married in our hearts
24 Dec 2012---Visited for Christmas and New Year's In Zamboanga City

10 Jul 2013 -- Vacationed in Davao City, K1 application transffered

16 Aug 2013 -- NOA2!!!!!!!!

Timeline

I land in Zamboanga City at 635pm on 24 December 2012 where she will be waiting. I will leave 2 Jan 2013 at 700pm where she will be watching me leave. I am spending all that time with her and her family during the holidays. Why would you think I am not flying there?

Just don't hear of americans going there. A good friend of mine has family there, her father is in bigtime construction there, and a relative is a politician there and they wouldn't let me go with her there for a visit. Have safe travels.

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

Even if a USC can enter a given embassy by showing his/her passport, not all allow them to be present in the interview. It varies from country to country. But Manila is no problem, as others have stated, for the SO to attend the interview.

Even if a USC can enter a given embassy by showing his/her passport, not all allow them to be present in the interview. It varies from country to country. But Manila is no problem, as others have stated, for the SO to attend the interview.

thanks for your input. :-)

I hope you will be safe all throughout your stay there. Please don't go anywhere alone. There have been instances of foreigners being kidnapped by rebel groups in Zamboanga, Basilan,and Jolo. Also, please take the time to register to the STEP program here >> http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/registration/registration_4789.html

I live in northeastern Mindanao which is generally safe and peaceful but I would caution you to avoid going to the southern part...but since you've already made travel plans, I just hope you'll be safe and that your special friend and her family would help keep you safe.

Edited by RnB

Timeline

I hope you will be safe all throughout your stay there. Please don't go anywhere alone. There have been instances of foreigners being kidnapped by rebel groups in Zamboanga, Basilan,and Jolo. Also, please take the time to register to the STEP program here >> http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/registration/registration_4789.html

I live in northeastern Mindanao which is generally safe and peaceful but I would caution you to avoid going to the southern part...but since you've already made travel plans, I just hope you'll be safe and that your special friend and her family would help keep you safe.

Thanks for the heads up.

15 Mar 2012---Started talking online
25 Mar 2012---Texting and twice a day conversations
28 Mar 2012---Exclusive with each other
26 Apr 2012---Engaged
01 Jul 2012---Married in our hearts
24 Dec 2012---Visited for Christmas and New Year's In Zamboanga City

10 Jul 2013 -- Vacationed in Davao City, K1 application transffered

16 Aug 2013 -- NOA2!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.