Bad_Daddy

Alaskans to get $878 in yearly oil wealth payout

25 posts in this topic

http://news.yahoo.com/alaskans-878-yearly-oil-wealth-payout-191045917.html

By RACHEL D'ORO | Associated Press – 7 mins ago

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — It's not much — $878 — but Sina Takafua (SEE'nah TAWK'-ah-fwah) isn't balking at the free money she'll get in her first annual payout from Alaska's oil savings account.

She's happy with the amount she'll receive just for living in the state, in her case the northernmost town of Barrow.

State officials on Tuesday announced the amount of dividends to be distributed to all men, women and children who have lived in Alaska for at least one calendar year.

This year's amount is significantly less than last year's dividend of $1,174, and it's the lowest since 2005. The payout will be distributed Oct. 4.

Alaska has no state income tax, but residents must pay federal taxes on the bounty. What they do with the rest is up to them.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

That might cover my expenses for thermal underwear, too damn cold for me personally!

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

That might cover my expenses for thermal underwear, too damn cold for me personally!

It sucks big time. I was expecting at least $1,200. They say the Alaska Fund took a beating in the stock market when it was crashing in '07.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They have to give you some type of incentive to live in that frozen zone :devil:

brrr-its-cold.gif

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

It's a fact that the weather up here totally sucks in the winter months. On a good note we have relatively cheap direct flights to Hawaii from Anchorage.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Timeline

It's a fact that the weather up here totally sucks in the winter months. On a good note we have relatively cheap direct flights to Hawaii from Anchorage.

$350 round trip from Santa Rosa to Maui. Cheaper than that? Alaska Airlines is the local carrier here.

Edited by The Patriot

$350 round trip from Santa Rosa to Maui. Cheaper than that? Alaska Airlines is the local carrier here.

It's about the same. $359 R/T.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

They have to give you some type of incentive to live in that frozen zone :devil:

brrr-its-cold.gif

I used to live in Alaska. It'a actually quite beautiful and a welcome change from the pressures of the big city.

Edited by Sofiyya

I used to live in Alaska. It'a actually quite beautiful and a welcome change from the pressures of the big city.

Satellite TV, internet, an access to booze, a king size bed and the winter here is fine.

sigbet.jpg

Don't forget the handouts from big bad gubmint.

What handouts would those be?

sigbet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'll pass on the frozen wasteland.....I don't care if I get free flights to Hawaii and they give me $8000 for oil wealth.

$878...whats that get you up there like a big mac and a gallon of milk?......:blink:

I'll pass on the frozen wasteland.....I don't care if I get free flights to Hawaii and they give me $8000 for oil wealth.

$878...whats that get you up there like a big mac and a gallon of milk?......:blink:

Where I live atm you can't get a Big Mac and a gallon of milk goes for around $10 and a loaf of bread goes for $5+. No natural gas so you heat your home with fuel oil and/or fire wood and fuel oil goes for $6.72 a gallon atm. Internet, TV and phone runs at $250 a month...that's for 128K speed with 2.5GB of upload & download. It's a lot cheaper on the road system though...like WAY cheaper.

sigbet.jpg