display n

Glossy OR Matte ?

Paper Finish  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Glossy vs. Matte ?

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Nah, not seriously. You should be concerned with the more important questions about this process. You know things like:

1. Do you get a white border around the photos? On one hand it's not often done, but on the other hand USCIS and the consulate might take it as a sign of the seriousness of your relationship.

2. Should the aspect ratio of your pints be 4:6 or 2:3? A 4:6 aspect ratio might be impressive, but perhaps we shouldn't go nuts and stick with a 2:3 ratio to keep it traditional. You wouldn't want to run afoul of the government with a 4:6.

3. Red eye correction or no red eye correction? It's always possible that the CO who is carefully examining your 150 photographs will find one with red eye, and then will deny you based on section (2)(B)(iii)(d) of the INA, which clearly states that COs have the authority to issue a denial based on the amount of red in your eyes in that picture that you took when you went to the beach with your fiancee that one "special" time. That being said, red eye correction could be seen as a form of document falsification, and come back to haunt you when you are doing AOS.

4. Print resolution of your photographs. If you print your photos using an advanced printer that gets 4800 dpi, the CO who is charged with counting all of the pixels in 150 or so photos might be impressed and assume that you have enough money to satisfy the poverty line requirements. However, they might also be suspicious as to how you could legitimately afford such a printer when they match it up with your fiances. Choose wisely.

I tell you with all serious that the four above mentioned points are more important to the success of your petition than whether you choose to print with a glossy or a matte finish.

At first I wasn't going to give your replies a second glance but so you are able to fall asleep tonight, here you go.

This site is for help not condescending remarks, regardless of the simplicity or content of the question. It seems that everybody but you understands that. If you think the question is pointless to you, fine don't respond to it. Do something productive with your time instead of wasting it by expressing your irrelevant feelings on the topic. You think 100 photos is an overkill? Fine too. Simply state it, or not, and move on. In the end, it's our petition and we are paying the fees to file it.

Glossy? Matte? Long hair? Short hair? Don't care? FINE. We were asking because we haven't done this before and wanted to know what everybody else did to get some ideas. Regardless of your feelings, we wanted to know and we are entitled to ask the question even if it's not an obligation of the members of VJ to answer.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not filing to be thoughtful or sweet to the adjudicator. I'm filing to prove my relationship so that I am able to get my fiance to the United States and we can pursue our relationship like "everybody else". If 100+ photos happens to make me feel like I am doing that then by all means I will send them. It's wonderful that your relationship and the events within it can be shown in 3 photos, and many others have been able to do the same, but my fiance and I feel our relationship can not be expressed in that amount, so we are doing what we deem appropriate to prove it. Everybody is different and everybody has different standards, and all are fine within reason. I don't believe there is a photo minimum/maximum it's just a matter of personal choice.

P.S Different consulates have different varying levels of fraud. Therefore, high fraud consulates usually need/want/ a bit more evidences than consulates with a lower rate of fraud. I bet a lot of officials are content with 5 photos but some require you to jump through hoops to achieve your dream. Some of us feel the need to provide a large percentage of our ~proofs~ to avoid problems down the line. I think it's better to have more than not enough. Immigration is a privilege not a right and I will do everything to prove that I am deserving of being the granted the opportunity to have this PRIVILEGE. That's my perspective, and you are entitled to yours. But if you don't possess the ability to not be pretentious about it I would greatly appreciate it if you saved your two cents for somebody who could really make use of it. Good day to you.

Edited by Margaret n Ahmed

1348107326[/url]' post='5701408']

At first I wasn't going to give your replies a second glance but so you are able to fall asleep tonight, here you go.

This site is for help not condescending remarks, regardless of the simplicity or content of the question. It seems that everybody but you understands that. If you think the question is pointless to you, fine don't respond to it. Do something productive with your time instead of wasting it by expressing your irrelevant feelings on the topic. You think 100 photos is an overkill? Fine too. Simply state it, or not, and move on. In the end, it's our petition and we are paying the fees to file it.

Glossy? Matte? Long hair? Short hair? Don't care? FINE. We were asking because we haven't done this before and wanted to know what everybody else did to get some ideas. Regardless of your feelings, we wanted to know and we are entitled to ask the question even if it's not an obligation of the members of VJ to answer.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not filing to be thoughtful or sweet to the adjudicator. I'm filing to prove my relationship so that I am able to get my fiance to the United States and we can pursue our relationship like "everybody else". If 100+ photos happens to make me feel like I am doing that then by all means I will send them. It's wonderful that your relationship and the events within it can be shown in 3 photos, and many others have been able to do the same, but my fiance and I feel our relationship can not be expressed in that amount, so we are doing what we deem appropriate to prove it. Everybody is different and everybody has different standards, and all are fine within reason. I don't believe there is a photo minimum/maximum it's just a matter of personal choice.

P.S Different consulates have different varying levels of fraud. Therefore, high fraud consulates usually need/want/ a bit more evidences than consulates with a lower rate of fraud. I bet a lot of officials are content with 5 photos but some require you to jump through hoops to achieve your dream. Some of us feel the need to provide a large percentage of our ~proofs~ to avoid problems down the line. I think it's better to have more than not enough. Immigration is a privilege not a right and I will do everything to prove that I am deserving of being the granted the opportunity to have this PRIVILEGE. That's my perspective, and you are entitled to yours. But if you don't possess the ability to not be pretentious about it I would greatly appreciate it if you saved your two cents for somebody who could really make use of it. Good day to you.

Nicely written Margaret.....smile.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Remember these are government workers, no matter how hard they work their pile never decreases. If you have never held a similar job use the KISS method.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

So are you going to go with glossy or matte?

Hello everybody,

Here is my first question on VJ forums :)

My fiancee and I are in the stage of choosing what photo paper will be better for our photos in the "proof of meeting in the last 2 years" portion of our petition, Can anyone help on what finish looks best for 100+ photos, Glossy or matte?

Thank you all.

Matte for your evryday regular photos, but glossy if yer showing any skin. :P

Remember these are government workers, no matter how hard they work their pile never decreases. If you have never held a similar job use the KISS method.

That method can be used here on the forums so some sort of people that can't help much, they need to mind their business and be productive on their own lives instead of just launching sterile discussions. And Move On people there are many people out there on other treads that won't mind some useless opinions. Here the problem is solved a mix of all kinda paper that exist in the market is the deal kicking.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

That method can be used here on the forums so some sort of people that can't help much, they need to mind their business and be productive on their own lives instead of just launching sterile discussions. And Move On people there are many people out there on other treads that won't mind some useless opinions. Here the problem is solved a mix of all kinda paper that exist in the market is the deal kicking.gif

It's quite simple. You can ignore certain users and you can also report your topic to the mods asking them to please close it. good.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

thread closed per op request

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.