display n

Glossy OR Matte ?

Paper Finish  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Glossy vs. Matte ?

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

N0, common sense should prevail, with a huge case load would you take time to look at a bunch of photos or a few choice ones? It is the totality of your documents and evidence which makes the decision not a ton of paper.

Just because it was sent doesn't mean that the CO will look at each and every one of the 100 pictures. It shows a preponderance of evidence especially for us in tough consulates.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Print out two or three pictures on plain white letter-sized paper like everyone else. Believe me, the embassy simply does not give a damn about your "important moments." Drop the narcissism: these moments may be important to you, but they are not important to anyone else. The COs will absolutely refuse to look your pictures if you show up to the embassy with 300 of them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

We sent our photos printed in normal photo paper at a photo shop. We did not send more than 20 (along with 15 pages with screenshots of chats/ emails we exchanged during several years). We tried to pick up the best pix we had taken at trips during his trips to my country. We had no problem. If you send 100 pictures, they may think its suspicious. Believe me, they dont care if the photo is on glossy or matte paper, they try to focus on the important thing... If the relationship is real or not. Good luck on your case.

Timeline

We sent our photos printed in normal photo paper at a photo shop. We did not send more than 20 (along with 15 pages with screenshots of chats/ emails we exchanged during several years).

MATTE OR GLOSSY?!? I NEED TO KNOW!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I had some cheap photos printed at Walgreens. I could not even tell you if they were matte or glossy. The USCIS and DoS could not care less.

I think 100 photos is excessive, even when front-loading for a high fraud consulate. However, it is your petition so you should do what you feel is best. I just suggest you don't stress over the little insignificant things like which photo paper to use. This process is long and stressful enough without piling stress on top of stress.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I went to Walgreen's website and uploaded all my photos from my trips to Morocco. I then did about 8 or 10 sheets in size 5x7 collage photos and each sheet was labeled at the top what it was from...1st Trip 2008, Our Wedding, etc... On each sheet there were about 8 to 10 photos. Yes it was a lot of pictures but it was neat and organized and nice to look at. Think about your job and having to look at all this type of stuff each day. Would you rather work on the petition that is neat and organized or the one that has 1000 pages of chats and 100 pictures+ ? Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do.

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

MATTE OR GLOSSY?!? I NEED TO KNOW!

Seriously?!?! -__-

I went to Walgreen's website and uploaded all my photos from my trips to Morocco. I then did about 8 or 10 sheets in size 5x7 collage photos and each sheet was labeled at the top what it was from...1st Trip 2008, Our Wedding, etc... On each sheet there were about 8 to 10 photos. Yes it was a lot of pictures but it was neat and organized and nice to look at. Think about your job and having to look at all this type of stuff each day. Would you rather work on the petition that is neat and organized or the one that has 1000 pages of chats and 100 pictures+ ? Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do.

Thank you for your wishes, wish you the best.

1348058943[/url]' post='5699612']

Thank you Darlene for your input and hope Mohamed and you are doing very well where you are, and yeah we have pictures of Margaret bonding with mom, my sister, grandma, cousins' wives even with my 4 month old niece lol Trying to figure out and help my fiancee to prepare this since her school makes her days busy so we try to split the whole petition into tasks to accomplish whenever it's possible. We are optimistic about the upcoming step we are taking soon, and insha'Allah everything will go smooth. :)

Thanks Ahmed, Mohammed is enjoying married life lol. Ya know what I was thinking, if there is anyway on your end if your taking care of the pictures, I might consider this option. Since you have so many good pictures, take a 8x10 page and add Margaret and your famiy members bonding on this page, add as many as you can on that page or two pages if needed.. On the next 8x10, do the same with you and Margaret and the family members bonding. Now use a few more 8x10s and add just photos of you and Margaret. This way when the CO looks over them they are organized neatly and easy to find without them having to look through to many.

During our AOS interview, the CO said this is very neat, may I keep these pages for our file.

Hope this help.....

Timeline

Seriously?!?!

Nah, not seriously. You should be concerned with the more important questions about this process. You know things like:

1. Do you get a white border around the photos? On one hand it's not often done, but on the other hand USCIS and the consulate might take it as a sign of the seriousness of your relationship.

2. Should the aspect ratio of your pints be 4:6 or 2:3? A 4:6 aspect ratio might be impressive, but perhaps we shouldn't go nuts and stick with a 2:3 ratio to keep it traditional. You wouldn't want to run afoul of the government with a 4:6.

3. Red eye correction or no red eye correction? It's always possible that the CO who is carefully examining your 150 photographs will find one with red eye, and then will deny you based on section (2)(B)(iii)(d) of the INA, which clearly states that COs have the authority to issue a denial based on the amount of red in your eyes in that picture that you took when you went to the beach with your fiancee that one "special" time. That being said, red eye correction could be seen as a form of document falsification, and come back to haunt you when you are doing AOS.

4. Print resolution of your photographs. If you print your photos using an advanced printer that gets 4800 dpi, the CO who is charged with counting all of the pixels in 150 or so photos might be impressed and assume that you have enough money to satisfy the poverty line requirements. However, they might also be suspicious as to how you could legitimately afford such a printer when they match it up with your fiances. Choose wisely.

I tell you with all serious that the four above mentioned points are more important to the success of your petition than whether you choose to print with a glossy or a matte finish.

Nah, not seriously. You should be concerned with the more important questions about this process. You know things like:

1. Do you get a white border around the photos? On one hand it's not often done, but on the other hand USCIS and the consulate might take it as a sign of the seriousness of your relationship.

2. Should the aspect ratio of your pints be 4:6 or 2:3? A 4:6 aspect ratio might be impressive, but perhaps we shouldn't go nuts and stick with a 2:3 ratio to keep it traditional. You wouldn't want to run afoul of the government with a 4:6.

3. Red eye correction or no red eye correction? It's always possible that the CO who is carefully examining your 150 photographs will find one with red eye, and then will deny you based on section (2)(B)(iii)(d) of the INA, which clearly states that COs have the authority to issue a denial based on the amount of red in your eyes in that picture that you took when you went to the beach with your fiancee that one "special" time. That being said, red eye correction could be seen as a form of document falsification, and come back to haunt you when you are doing AOS.

4. Print resolution of your photographs. If you print your photos using an advanced printer that gets 4800 dpi, the CO who is charged with counting all of the pixels in 150 or so photos might be impressed and assume that you have enough money to satisfy the poverty line requirements. However, they might also be suspicious as to how you could legitimately afford such a printer when they match it up with your fiances. Choose wisely.

I tell you with all serious that the four above mentioned points are more important to the success of your petition than whether you choose to print with a glossy or a matte finish.

BRB I will read this again after dinner, so I can think properly of what is all this about :)

Ahmed, I really like that picture of the two of you on your page....make sure you add that one too. Ohhhhhh I forgot, you also took photos of you and her family as well, do another 8 x10 lol.

You know when you have 3000+ pictures and 200+ Skype screenshots... when it comes the time to choose from the whole folders we feel bad when we have to give up on some photos that are all different and witness some past moments we had together. But yeah Margaret's mom came on the first meeting and we have pictures with her also other photos with my family, moms pictures...and by the way the picture on our profile is in Essaouira token last August :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.