6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello and good morning :) . My fiancee Lilly and I are only about a month away from approval (hopefully) of her visa and she asked me a question. She has several friends that live here in the US and asked if it was possible to take a detour upon her arrival. Not long only two days with her childhood friend in NY then catching flight to Atlanta where I'll pick her up. Is this a bad idea or nothing to worry about? My fear is Uncle Sam might try to call within first couple days to ensure she is here with me and no fraud has occured. Any advice would be welcome and thanks :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

Hello and good morning :) . My fiancee Lilly and I are only about a month away from approval (hopefully) of her visa and she asked me a question. She has several friends that live here in the US and asked if it was possible to take a detour upon her arrival. Not long only two days with her childhood friend in NY then catching flight to Atlanta where I'll pick her up. Is this a bad idea or nothing to worry about? My fear is Uncle Sam might try to call within first couple days to ensure she is here with me and no fraud has occured. Any advice would be welcome and thanks :thumbs:

I've never read on VJ where they have called before so I don't think there's anything to worry about there.

Why don't you join her in NY and make a vacation out of it? For example, I am meeting my Fiancee in Houston and then driving back to Los Angeles.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Well I have some good news and some bad news(( Once she has arrived she can travel where she wants in the US. Now the bad news I am at 205 days and not a word from Vermont. It seems that it is taking quit a bit longer than the advertized 5 month time frame. I wish you two luck and a fast approval. But think more in the time frame 6 1/2 months.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Approval of your PETITION, not VISA. I hope you don't think the process is finished after the petition approval.

Just switching quickly to another point raised by Ron-Tanya: Your NOA1 date is June 5th, so it's been roughly 3 months and a half. Vermont is really slow right now, and approvals take longer than the 5-month goal. Be ready for a longer wait than 1 month more until your petition approval (if approved). Based on recent VJ members petition approvals, your timeline indicates that your approval is estimated to be sometimes in December.

Add a few more months after that for the actual visa approval (again, if requirements are met).

You may take a look here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

About your question, the CPB officer may ask her questions why she stops in NY and not Atlanta. But having a proof that she has another flight for Atlanta a few days later should help.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not trying be mean, just pondering why after all this time apart, she wants to see someone else first? Makes your relationship suspicious. Why can't her friend come visit you both in Atlanta?

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Not trying be mean, just pondering why after all this time apart, she wants to see someone else first? Makes your relationship suspicious. Why can't her friend come visit you both in Atlanta?

Yeah, or both of you can travel to NYC later to visit them? I'd be really surprised and displeased if my fiance proposed this idea. If she's realistically planning to spend a whole lifetime in the U.S. with you, what's the rush in going to see this friend right away? Not to mention that there are (to me) a lot of advantages in having POE in a location close to where your fiance lives, if possible. Seems really odd to me.

Joy (& Aaron, who doesn't read/post here yet)

Dec. 27, 2010: First met each other in Entebbe, Uganda while I was visiting my friend/his cousin (12/27/10 - 1/10/11) (visited again Jul. 2-9, 2011 and Dec. 24, 2011 - Jan. 9, 2012; engaged 1/7/12)

K-1

Feb. 18, 2012: I-129F sent (delivered 2/21 per USPS & USCIS; NOA1 notice date 2/23/12; check cashed/email/text 2/24)

Aug. 9, 2012: NOA2!!! [NOA1 +168 days] (reached NVC 8/17, left NVC 8/20; @embassy 8/24; embassy confirmed receipt 9/5)

Oct. 24 - Nov. 8, 2012: I visited again (Nairobi: medical 10/31; interview 11/5 [NOA1 +256 days]; result--APPROVED!!!!!!!)

Nov. 15, 2012: Visa in hand (was ready for retrieval 11/12/12)

Nov. 20, 2012: POE, Boston!!! (legal marriage 12/12/12; family/friends wedding ceremony 1/12/13) (276 days)

AOS/EAD/AP

Feb. 4, 2013: AOS packet sent (delivered 2/6, NOA1 text/email & check cashed 2/11 midnight)

Feb. 11, 2013: NOA1 notice date for I-485, EAD, AP (I-485/EAD NOA1 hard copies & biometrics appt letter arrived 2/16, badly mangled AP NOA1 arrived 2/27; biometrics done 3/4/13)

Apr. 3, 2013: EAD & AP approved (received card 4/11)

Aug. 16, 2013: I-485 approved & green card production ordered!!!! (card arrived 8/26/13) (193 days)

ROC

2015 sometime? I've slept since then.

Naturalization

Dec. 20, 2019: N-400 submitted online (Boston, MA field office)

Jan. 9, 2020: Biometrics

Feb. 4, 2020: updated wait time = 4 months (estimated case completion June 2020)

Aug. 7, 2020: interview scheduled (!), but no idea when

Sept. 16, 2020: interview, Boston (approved)

Sept. 24, 2020: oath ceremony, Boston---DONE!!! (279 days from submission)

230Hm5.pngxrcBm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.