I AM NOT THAT GUY

Protester dies from burning American flag

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Who knows about that. I was talking about bombing Libya to back one side in the civil war.

Ok, so no connection to the fire that killed the ambassador.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Ok, so no connection to the fire that killed the ambassador.

Well yeah there's a connection. But it seems you prefer to see the two things as suspended in a bubble, devoid of context, and disconnected from the continuum of events.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Well yeah there's a connection. But it seems you prefer to see the two things as suspended in a bubble, devoid of context, and disconnected from the continuum of events.

What is the connection then? Wow by the way nice accusations...but maybe I simply do not jump to conclusions like you?

Edited by Sousuke

My comments were never anything to do with fault or blame. No one is at fault or to blame besides the man who died. Deserving to die because of the nature of the specific object burned is a completely different concept, and the one I objected to.

Just because it's done all the time doesn't mean setting fires as protest is intelligent. If you willingly set a fire and end up burned as a result, why should I feel sympathy? Regardless of what you were burning. Fire = dangerous. Children know that. Grown men run around and do stupid things like set fires. Sometimes they get hurt.

When you do something stupid and end up paying for it, that's really nobody's fault but your own.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Why do people care so much about flag burning?

If someone wants to burn a rag on a pole, let them get on with it.

I agree, and the burner is fully responsible for any bodily harm inflicted. But I don't wish harm on them, or say they deserve bodily harm because it was a flag being burnt.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

What is the connection then? Wow by the way nice accusations...

You're the one who claimed there was no connection. If you can't grasp that the attack on the consulate did not happen in a bubble, completely separated from what has occurred in Libya over the past year and a half, and was indeed influenced by that - then I can't really help you.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

You're the one who claimed there was no connection. If you can't grasp that the attack on the consulate did not happen in a bubble, completely separated from what has occurred in Libya over the past year and a half, and was indeed influenced by that - then I can't really help you.

Currently there is no connection. I do not make assumptions without evidence.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

If someone was burning the flag right in front of me, I would not stand for it. I would take it from them and put the fire out. They would get an earful. And although I haven't been in a fight in 20 years or so, it would get physical if need be. It's not going to happen on my street.

On the other hand, when I see it on TV, or read about it happening somewhere in the world, I'm not going to react. I'm not going to overreact. I'm not going to throw rocks. I'm not going to yell at someone on the street. I'm not going to wish harm on the person. I won't gloat about what happened to this guy. It's not poetic justice. It's just an ill advised person who unfortunately didn't live long enough to attain the wisdom that should eventually come to each person in life.

There's narrow minded people everywhere. I might have liked to ask him what he was trying to prove, although it doesn't really matter. In the end, I feel sorry that he died doing something so useless, pointless and meaningless.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The U.S. helped set Libya on fire; now a U.S. Ambassador dies of smoke inhalation.

So I guess you suggest US should not helped ppl of Libya and let Gadaffi bomb its own ppl.

You would be the first person to critize US for not helping muslims.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

There's a big difference between accepting the risks and the inherent danger involved, and saying death is deserved for the act. By all accounts, many flags and other objects are burned in protest all the time. It's a form of expression, and people don't usually die as a result. Nor should they.

By the way do you know that making flags is a big business in pakistan, there is a industry to make US, Indian and Israeli flags.

They just make the flags to burn, mostly after friday prayers.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

By the way do you know that making flags is a big business in pakistan, there is a industry to make US, Indian and Israeli flags.

I was thinking about that too... Since the flags are made in Pakistan, wouldn't if be far more expeditious for them to set fire to the entire factory and be done once and for all?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I was thinking about that too... Since the flags are made in Pakistan, wouldn't if be far more expeditious for them to set fire to the entire factory and be done once and for all?

:rofl:

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

What do you mean by they? Do you presume to blame all Pakistani's for these actions?

QCjgyJZ.jpg