I AM NOT THAT GUY

Protester dies from burning American flag

58 posts in this topic

Sorry, it's still demented though.

Would it make any difference if it's a US flag, or one of those old school "feminist" bra burnings?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Timeline

It's tragic when anyone loses their life. This person had a family and was loved by people. The fact that he was from another culture should not make you hate, but try to understand more. There is a reason this people do not like us and we should look withing and reach out.

My sympathy to the Family on their loss.

Think of it as proof Darwinism works.

Sorry, it's still demented though.

Would it make any difference if it's a US flag, or one of those old school "feminist" bra burnings?

Nope. I fully believe in the right to protest and the right to freedom of speech. But once you're going to start setting fires or otherwise damaging property, you accept the risks.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

The U.S. helped set Libya on fire; now a U.S. Ambassador dies of smoke inhalation.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

There's a big difference between accepting the risks and the inherent danger involved, and saying death is deserved for the act. By all accounts, many flags and other objects are burned in protest all the time. It's a form of expression, and people don't usually die as a result. Nor should they.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

There's a big difference between accepting the risks and the inherent danger involved, and saying death is deserved for the act. By all accounts, many flags and other objects are burned in protest all the time. It's a form of expression, and people don't usually die as a result. Nor should they.

Just because it's done all the time doesn't mean setting fires as protest is intelligent. If you willingly set a fire and end up burned as a result, why should I feel sympathy? Regardless of what you were burning. Fire = dangerous. Children know that. Grown men run around and do stupid things like set fires. Sometimes they get hurt.

When you do something stupid and end up paying for it, that's really nobody's fault but your own.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Oh you mean the US supplied the RPG that set the embassy fire?

Who knows about that. I was talking about bombing Libya to back one side in the civil war.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.