Dana and Divine

Nigerian Flights Before and After Interview

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

People all over the world. Join hands. and join th elove train love train. The next stop that we make will be Africa, tell all your friends in Russia and China too. Don't you miss this train when we come in. Cuz if you miss it I feel sorry sorry for you. hehe

I am hoboing off of all this love no matter I am not on the October train somebody has to stay behind and have a blood covering over embassy for November or December. I don't mind. :D(L)

I am with you I am not on the October train and it is not looking good for November either... :unsure: But I have my Delta flight booked and I am going to see my hubby next week so that helps a little I wish he were coming back with me

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

People all over the world. Join hands. and join th elove train love train. The next stop that we make will be Africa, tell all your friends in Russia and China too. Don't you miss this train when we come in. Cuz if you miss it I feel sorry sorry for you. hehe

I am hoboing off of all this love no matter I am not on the October train somebody has to stay behind and have a blood covering over embassy for November or December. I don't mind. :D(L)

:rofl: ...well my train hasn't even left the station yet...we are just on the NOA1 landing strip...but hey I will catch you all soon enough...but I am right here rooting you all on...excited for all of you and reading your trips/flight fares and interview dates (or those forth coming) keeps me excited...right now I will settle for being the little engine that could...(I think I can I think I can I think I can!)...blessings! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:rofl: ...well my train hasn't even left the station yet...we are just on the NOA1 landing strip...but hey I will catch you all soon enough...but I am right here rooting you all on...excited for all of you and reading your trips/flight fares and interview dates (or those forth coming) keeps me excited...right now I will settle for being the little engine that could...(I think I can I think I can I think I can!)...blessings! :thumbs:

Great mind continue to think alike......same here....Its almost 2 months for my NOA1.....so I loving just watching and following everyones good news, plans, and updates...so funny with the I think I can I think I can....:rofl:

With so many October interviews issued, the time has come to schedule flights to and from Nigeria. If you've already scheduled your flight, please post who you are flying with, what airport you will be flying from, how you plan to fly back (with your spouse or separate from your spouse) and your Point of Entry (POE).

GOD BLESS AND MERCY JOURNEY'S TO US ALL!

Love the thread and the ticker is so on point........:thumbs:

4sHsm4.png

Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; Hold fast; Hold out. Patience is Genius.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well I am not on that train yet....but I am on the train to Visit.....I will be taking that love train to see my baby next month (L):dance:(L) , but he wont be comming back with me just yet :crying::(

4sHsm4.png

Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; Hold fast; Hold out. Patience is Genius.

I'm the 31st...so that is practically November myself. We shall see. You better just be ready to go cause you're not going to have much time when they do give you the date.

Great mind continue to think alike......same here....Its almost 2 months for my NOA1.....so I loving just watching and following everyones good news, plans, and updates...so funny with the I think I can I think I can....:rofl:

Love the thread and the ticker is so on point........:thumbs:

Thanks!

I am with you I am not on the October train and it is not looking good for November either... :unsure: But I have my Delta flight booked and I am going to see my hubby next week so that helps a little I wish he were coming back with me

Okay so fill us in. When did you book your flight, where are you flying from and how much was you ticket?

I was looking to book my flight this week, but the tickets went up last Friday (I think they are in on these interview dates being issued!). The rate right now from Birmingham, AL, to Atlanta, GA to Lagos, Nigeria are $1278.00 round trip.

United is about $100 higher. Has anyone seen cheaper rates?

I know I do not want to fly Air France because I do not want to go to Paris nor Amsterdam and I do not want a 24 hour flight.

Okay so fill us in. When did you book your flight, where are you flying from and how much was you ticket?

I was looking to book my flight this week, but the tickets went up last Friday (I think they are in on these interview dates being issued!). The rate right now from Birmingham, AL, to Atlanta, GA to Lagos, Nigeria are $1278.00 round trip.

United is about $100 higher. Has anyone seen cheaper rates?

I know I do not want to fly Air France because I do not want to go to Paris nor Amsterdam and I do not want a 24 hour flight.

Delta is $1,174 for Oct/Nov, United $1,121

Delta is $1,174 for Oct/Nov, United $1,121

It depends from the city you are flying out of. Delta is still $1277 for me and United is $1231.

Yes it does. From Birmingham Alabama to Lagos and back.

Oct 20 to Nov 2, that could be it right there.

I'm still about two weeks out from booking my ticket, but I'm watching and praying they will come down before I have to leave and go. Are you going home Gowan?

I'm still about two weeks out from booking my ticket, but I'm watching and praying they will come down before I have to leave and go. Are you going home Gowan?

I really want to so I've been watching the flights too. The Turkish Airline price of $900 is my best so far though I have a concern for the 22 hours layover in Istanbul and the airlines safety record.

The muslim festivities of "Ileya" is around this period and it's to be experienced in Nigeria. The other thing is that One Brother and One Sister is already on the ground and it will eb a rare treat for my Mum to have 4 of her 6 offsprings in the house together after all these years. But yes I check the websites 3 times a day (this is how I got my $500 ticket last year).

Thanks for the tip! I will keep looking for the prices to drop myself. I do hope you get to go home for your mum sake and take a lot of photo's!!! It's almost over for us and live with spouses begins! I'm so ready!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I've bought my ticket already, and I got a 16 1/2 hour flight with Delta for $1184. I always use Kayak to look up all the carriers then I use the matrix button to get the lowest fares. Sometimes 1 day can make the difference of $200 or more! I selected the flight I wanted and printed a screenshot of it and took it to the airport and purchased that exact ticket but had to pay an extra 35 bucks for paying in person! After the hubby's interview we will get a flight with the same return date as mine, I asked at the airlines and they were more than happy to tell me that there were plenty of seats left and it shouldn't be a problem!! :dance:

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the cheapest days to look for and purchase a ticket. Ticket prices fluctuate a lot during the week! Hope you all get a good price!! :thumbs:

10-11-2012: Interview DENIED

09-10-2013: REAFFIRMED

12-18-2013: 2nd Interview APPROVED

Hey Ginie, Once in the country and interview is over and approved and it is time to book your husbands flight, do you then just go the ticket counter to book him a flight back home with you and do you know if there is a way to get a quote from the airline and take with you, so the airport will not charge double the price for your hubby to fly back?

Any ideas from anyone? This questions is for spouses wanting to fly home immediately with their husbands/wives on the same flight. Any thoughts would be very welcome.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.