bubbles2305

Bad Day at SLEC

17 posts in this topic

So, I had my medical this morning and I am worried because I have this scar on my wrist. When the doctor asked me where I got the scar I said I burnt it on a square pan ( I know such a lame excuse! ) So of course the doctor didn't believe my alibi, and I had to undergo this Psych evaluation thingy. They asked me to fill out a form, and asked me to go back the ff day and pay another 1,000 pesos.

For all those wondering, yes I attempted suicide. Why? because of my ex boyfriend who left me. During that time I thought he's the only guy in the world, but during those times I met my fiancé and he saved me from that stupid guy.

So I know some people might raise their eyebrows but, I just lied because my future with my fiancé is important, and it is my priority now.

My fiancé is a bit depressed too because of this, he thought I would get away with that alibi. Good thing I scheduled my interview few weeks after my medical.

So, I need a little help here.

What happens during this Psych Eval?

I read in some post that its just for 5 mins, and they will ask you to call them after 2-3 days.

I also read, that they asked "what would you do if they denied your visa because of this" what would be the best answer to that question?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, I had my medical this morning and I am worried because I have this scar on my wrist. When the doctor asked me where I got the scar I said I burnt it on a square pan ( I know such a lame excuse! ) So of course the doctor didn't believe my alibi, and I had to undergo this Psych evaluation thingy. They asked me to fill out a form, and asked me to go back the ff day and pay another 1,000 pesos.

For all those wondering, yes I attempted suicide. Why? because of my ex boyfriend who left me. During that time I thought he's the only guy in the world, but during those times I met my fiancé and he saved me from that stupid guy.

So I know some people might raise their eyebrows but, I just lied because my future with my fiancé is important, and it is my priority now.

My fiancé is a bit depressed too because of this, he thought I would get away with that alibi. Good thing I scheduled my interview few weeks after my medical.

I read in some post that its just for 5 mins, and they will ask you to call them after 2-3 days.

I also read, that they asked "what would you do if they denied your visa because of this" what would be the best answer to that question?

Tell them you will file an appeal, and keep trying.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rule #1 ... never lie during this WHOLE process. The doctors have seen many scars on the wrists, they know a burn from a cut.

If denied? (answer) Try again until you are approved... stay positive.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yeah i agree with them... don't lie and dnt be so negative.. if asked what will u do if ur visa get denied just tell them that you will try again..

When TWO HEARTS are meant for each other, NO DISTANCE is TOO FAR... NO TIME is TOO LONG... and NO OTHER LOVE can BREAK THEM APART...

Timeline

Agree, don't lie. That is the best way to get denied. Just tell the truth. If you committed suicide and understand that it was a mistake, tell them that. When you have the psych eval, don't lie. It's a big mistake to lie to them.

Same with me got scars on my left wrist, but when I was asked about it, told the doctor honestly. I thought she gonna send

me to Psych test but she didn't include it on the record, not sure why. maybe it depends on how you approach the Physician. so just

be honest, never lie especially with Psychiatrist.

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2
---------------------------

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

dapat wag kang magsinungaling kasi phsyc ung kausap mo, kahit bilug-bilugin mo man sila magbibilugan tlaga kayo,,kasi madame n silng patiente na kagaya mo,,so dapat don't lie,d mo sila matatalo,

Good luck po, ingat!!!

Una po sa lht wala nmn akong intensyon masama nung nag sinungaling ako. Cge judge me, i am here to ask sa mga nka experience ng psych eval. Salamat sa mga comments.

Bdw, i'm here at st. Luke's now, waiting for my name to be called. Sana matapos na to.

And i am willing to share kung ano man ung mangyri later.

Timeline

Sorry about what Happened but like Hank says, "Stay Positive" you will get there!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

I'm done wd my psych eval! It was just 5mins and i paid 1000 pesos! O.o

Anyway the psychiatrist is kind to me..

She didn't yelled or shouted at me.

She told me that no one got denied if u were referred to have an psych evaluation.

They just want to make sure that we are okay mentally and physicaly.

And they just want to make more money out of it! *kidding* :))

So i told him the story about my ex.

She told me everyone has a past and we must learn from them.

I was asked to call on mon or tue for the result so i can have my vaccine

Timeline

Good deal, good thing to be honest..

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

You shouldn't lie sis. cause the doctor always know the truth.. They know if you're lying.. You won't get denied if you admitted the truth.. Just be your self.. Good luck!!!

You shouldn't lie sis.. The doctor always know if your lying.. You won't get denied if you admitted the truth.. Good luck!!!

You shouldn't lie sis. cause the doctor always know the truth.. They know if you're lying.. You won't get denied if you admitted the truth.. Just be your self.. Good luck!!!

Sorry my computer is crazy!!!

I understand how you feel sis,lahat tayu may bad past...think positive kaya mo yan,Just pray with God all things are possibe...God bless my prayer is with you..

Our K1 Timeline

August 31, 2012 ...........NOA1
April 19, 2013................NOA2

May 2, 2013...................MNL # Available

June 3, 2013..................Interview

June 18, 2013................POE Dallas

AOS Timeline

July 26, 2013.................NOA I-485

August 27, 2013............Biometrics

September 5, 2013.......Notice of Interview date (October 15)

September 30, 2013.....EAD/AP Combo card in hand.

October 15, 2013..........AOS Interview

October 22, 2013..........AOS Approved & Green Card Production Ordered

November 1, 2013........Green Card in hand!

ROC Timeline

August 12, 2015............NOA

August 31, 2015............Biometrics

March 7, 2016...............Card Production Ordered

March 11, 2016.............I55 Stamp

March 12, 2016.............Green Card in hand!

Citizenship Timeline

March 6, 2017...............NOA

March 27, 2017.............Biometrics

June 20, 2018...…………..Interview

July 13,  2018...…………..Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.