tobiasm8

Girlfriend

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well i'm 17 year old boy dating a 17 year old girl and we talked about me moving to the USA and the only way we saw it was to get married. So we said we should wait till we're both 18(next septemeber) so im asking if there is a way I could get the K-1 Visa approved without meeting her (i would meet her if there was a way but there isn't and i thought of everything). Thanks for your answers

she's a US citizen and im from Europe.

Edited by tobiasm8

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

There is no way.

If you are from Europe, you should be able to visit her on the visa waiver program for 90 days, and same for her. You have another year before you file, how come you cannot meet?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Well first of all our finances aren't really in a good situation at the moment and second of all we are both still in high school and i can't just leave in the middle of the year. I thought going to USA over the next summer but i cannot afford it neither can my parents.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You will not get approved without meeting first.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

There is never a guarantee you get approved. You need to show you have a bonafide relationship and a big part of that is spending time together. it is so easy to travel from Europe (for a long weekend, Christmas vacation etc), that even just one meeting may be suspect, though as least if you meet once, you have a chance of approval. They can deny you for other things such as crimes in your past, etc, but the main issue you will have, once you met, is the Affidavit of Support- your US fiance will need to prove she can financially support you or if not, need to find a co-sponsor (someone, like her parents, to stand guarantor for you).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So meeting is the only way?

Yes.. Only... It is the 1st process of a 129-F. I don't fell a Health Reason would apply in your Case for not meeting. You Cannot Apply for a 129-F if you don't meet this requirement. But, Your question is answered. Your both young and have lots of time.. 17 years old.. Well, Donny Osmond had a song: "Puppy Love".. And thats OK with me.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well i'm 17 year old boy dating a 17 year old girl and we talked about me moving to the USA and the only way we saw it was to get married. So we said we should wait till we're both 18(next septemeber) so im asking if there is a way I could get the K-1 Visa approved without meeting her (i would meet her if there was a way but there isn't and i thought of everything). Thanks for your answers

she's a US citizen and im from Europe.

do you really wanna marry someone u never met in person or spend time with in person? your still young so i guess you wouldnt understand. there is no way you will get approved. sorry

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

If finances make it prohibitive to meet, you will also find the financial requirements for visa approval and adjustment of status prohibitive. You are not ready. Your finances are not ready. You are in no position to even consider such a move. Finish school, get a job, save money, mature a few years and then reevaluate.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Just wait it out, you can :) My fiance and I met in an online game and stayed in a relationship for nearly 4yrs before we meet each other. Had the age issue on my side(I was only 17 at the time and he was 20), while he has the income issue. I finished high school then went from perm part-time to full-time at work so I could save my finances until I was able 18 and financially able to get there. A year and half later after finishing high school, I finally got my 7 week trip to visit him :)

So really, once you finish high school, get a job and save up your money and try to sort out your finances first. The 2yr meeting requirement can't be avoided and even if you did meet, you will need her to have a co-sponsor to cover you in the USA. If your relationship can last through a year, then you can get through it :)

Also, ignore what other people say that your too young to know that you want to marry someone. Society these days I've noticed(as I'm only 18 and engaged) is very judgemental of anyone who gets engaged at a young age. When I tell people I'm engaged the response is usually "Oh, wow! Congratulations!....Don't you think your too young though?". It gets quite annoying that people think that your not "living life" and that you should have lots of partners in your early life and "find the one" later on. Personally I think that age doesn't matter, and if you know you love someone and you can't imagine your life without them and you want to grow old together, then why not get married? It's totally acceptable :)

good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.