~kiyah~

Returning Petitions to the United States via 221g

830 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Instead of spamming the board because no one was stalking your posts, reading your protests, have you sent a PM to Cap'n Ewok (the Administrator) and asked him to pin it? Seems you're making a Federal case about this.

I am confused. Did you ask, and were told your topic could not be pinned?

It would be a courtesy to the community if you would track down your many posts and ask for all but one of them to be removed; this topic does not need to be pinned to every forum.

This topic is for supporting this issue, not condeming the effort. If you read the entire post you will see that I asked for a new forum and was asked to post in the Waiver section...which was a fruitless effort. Talk about courtesy...if my posts bother you then ignore them, it is not like I posted this more than once in the K1/K3/CR1/Site Topic, I do not consider that spamming the board. This effort is to rally people who actually care about this issue. No need to make an attempt of outcasting me for it.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

Ignore, Kiya. You've got bigger things to worry about than people getting up on their board organization high horses.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Updating the support tally...shokran for everyone who supports this. When I have enough votes I will send another email to Captain Ewok to pin this issue...even if it is only in the Waivers section. I want this accessible for everyone...even people who do not care about the issue, it CAN happen to anyone.

Support tally: 28

Kiya = 1

Rhouni = 1

Denali_1963 = 1

Morocco4ever = 1

LebaneseBride = 1

Dixie_Peach = 1

Dawnnhatem = 1

Tom&tata = 1

Maryandatif = 1

Noura = 1

Mawelvan = 1

Kml_36 = 1

Myfellah = 1

Jenn3539 = 1

Meriem_setif = 1

Chiquita = 1

Portsaid = 1

Wife_of_Mahmoud = 1

Carshel = 1

Wmoonshine69 = 1

Mianishqsrose = 1

pax = 1

pri = 1

karen_2705 = 1

oly = 1

farah2005 = 1

bornot2b = 1

kerwin = 1

:help:

If you support pinning this issue...please say so by posting in this topic. Without forum support the issue will never get pinned. Shokran.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

Edited by Kiya

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Probably all that Meauxna was saying was that she wondered if you had PMd Captain Ewok asking him to pin it. We've asked to have certain threads pinned in the past and it's not been a problem.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I thought Kiya had already emailed Cap'n Ewok... and he told her to gain some support... ???

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

I think that was for a separate forum, rather than just a pinned thread.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

--Neil Finn

Timeline
Instead of spamming the board because no one was stalking your posts, reading your protests, have you sent a PM to Cap'n Ewok (the Administrator) and asked him to pin it? Seems you're making a Federal case about this.

It would be a courtesy to the community if you would track down your many posts and ask for all but one of them to be removed; this topic does not need to be pinned to every forum.

No offense, but WHO ARE YOU??? You come in here critisizing and don't even introduce yourself. Are you not here for help like everyone else? Are you even going thru the immigration process cause you have nothing in your profile? Kiya is just trying to help out the rest of us who still have to face this challenge!

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Wow, okay, that's kind of harsh.

Meauxna is a longtime post-er here who has been very helpful to many, many people. I believe that she and her British husband are just beginning the naturalization process, meaning that she has gone much farther than most people on VisaJourney.

It is generally considered poor "netiquette" to post the same thing in a number of forums. I understand what Kiya was trying to do and I sympathize with her situation. But VJ does occasionally suffer from poor organizational useability, and cross-posting doesn't help the matter.

I say this as someone who *does* agree that the subject deserves a pinned thread, but I think Meauxna made a valid point and I don't think it's cool for people who *don't* know about her or why she's here to attack her for what she said.

--Neil Finn

Timeline
I think that was for a separate forum, rather than just a pinned thread.

ok.. thank you... i misunderstood

114959908992789.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Meauxna- I can see where you are coming from, but I don't think that you realize that her posting in each visa catagory(which I don't think is excessive, anyway) serves more than one purpose. Yes, its an issue that deserves its own room and this is an effort to expose the need for that room. But also, probably even more importantly, by reaching out in multiple places, she is also letting members that she may not reach otherwise know that if this has happened to them, they are in good company. You can tell by the responses that some members have been dealing with this alone and would have benifitted from shared information, comraderie and advise all along....and I know of at least one member that used to post frequently and when this happened got discouraged and disappeared...I suspect because she thought this was hopeless and she was alone.

I imagine your interest in removing multiple posts is simply to have a tidy site, and we are all down with that, but the members affected by this really should be able to identify each other and come together in a central location. please dont criticise Kiya for simply putting out that "bat signal", afterall, what else is VJ for?

I don't feel like arguing about it or forever having a rift with you or anyone, I just want everybody to be nice and get what they need here.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Timeline

Back on topic...I say it should be pinned as well!

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

It should be pinned, but I agree it should be put somewhere other than ME/NA because the information you obtain will apply to all countries. Waivers forum may not be the best place in the world, but I think it's the best option you have.

You are all in my thoughts. The Casa people (actually, one particular Casa person) are just plain mean and seem to be violating standard operating procedures, and nobody in charge seems to care.

I think a well thought-out letter to this Maura chick is a really good idea.

I think some type of post regarding what is happening at Casa should be pinned to the ME/NA forum so those just beginning the process can be aware. There is a short window of opportunity to react at the consulate level if this happens, and while the success rate is slim, it is worth giving it everything you can. If you don't know in advance what can happen at Casa, it diminishes that window of opportunity even more. Many of us got through interviews with ease, but that seems to be increasingly rare.

I think all the other research Kiya has done should be posted somewhere else for everyone's benefit.

Rebecca

Timeline

Meauxna- I can see where you are coming from, but I don't think that you realize that her posting in each visa catagory(which I don't think is excessive, anyway) serves more than one purpose. Yes, its an issue that deserves its own room and this is an effort to expose the need for that room. But also, probably even more importantly, by reaching out in multiple places, she is also letting members that she may not reach otherwise know that if this has happened to them, they are in good company. You can tell by the responses that some members have been dealing with this alone and would have benifitted from shared information, comraderie and advise all along....and I know of at least one member that used to post frequently and when this happened got discouraged and disappeared...I suspect because she thought this was hopeless and she was alone.

I imagine your interest in removing multiple posts is simply to have a tidy site, and we are all down with that, but the members affected by this really should be able to identify each other and come together in a central location. please dont criticise Kiya for simply putting out that "bat signal", afterall, what else is VJ for?

I don't feel like arguing about it or forever having a rift with you or anyone, I just want everybody to be nice and get what they need here.

It should be pinned, but I agree it should be put somewhere other than ME/NA because the information you obtain will apply to all countries. Waivers forum may not be the best place in the world, but I think it's the best option you have.

You are all in my thoughts. The Casa people (actually, one particular Casa person) are just plain mean and seem to be violating standard operating procedures, and nobody in charge seems to care.

I think a well thought-out letter to this Maura chick is a really good idea.

I think some type of post regarding what is happening at Casa should be pinned to the ME/NA forum so those just beginning the process can be aware. There is a short window of opportunity to react at the consulate level if this happens, and while the success rate is slim, it is worth giving it everything you can. If you don't know in advance what can happen at Casa, it diminishes that window of opportunity even more. Many of us got through interviews with ease, but that seems to be increasingly rare.

I think all the other research Kiya has done should be posted somewhere else for everyone's benefit.

Rebecca

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Couldn't have said it better myself!

114959908992789.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I agree that this is important information and that it should be pinned. I think the waivers forum is an excellent gathering place for all of this information, and the discussion that goes along with it.

I also think that asking Ewok to pin the thread would have been appropriate start. My impression from the post--with the little 'protest' icon---was that the expectation is 'if I say 'pin it' in any given post, "someone" is going to come along behind me and do that. I'm saying, 'it doesn't work that way'.

Kiya has been posting a lot on the topic, in many places--I am aware of her situation. VJ is not that big that someone faced with a 221g could not find another 221g person. Someone in that situation is going to do a lot of searching. I appreciate Kiya's work and research and am not trying to throw it out; I'm suggesting ways for her to be effective in getting what she wants. We clearly have differing opinions on which way is right (maybe both or neither is!)

Those of you who have read my posts and seen the work I have done in research to help others on their visajourney know that my intentions are positive and that I encourage the type of project Kiya is on. I'm sorry that my message 'felt' too brusque for you, but that will pass.

Good luck with your efforts, and try a simple PM to Ewok. I'm sure s/he'll be happy to oblige pinning a thread of info.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.