memlaura

passport correction

60 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband is upset because a friend told him that it is going to cost him $800 or more to make corrections to his passport he was going to go to Abuja this week but now he is not sure if he should just go we didnt think it would be more than around $300 top,. they told him due to high fraud they are charging more to make corrections to discourge scammers that have been turned down for a visa from trying to apply again with a new passport and that it is $800 or higher. has anybody heard this or no where on line we can find the info on how much it will cost. Thanks for your help.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

My husband is upset because a friend told him that it is going to cost him $800 or more to make corrections to his passport he was going to go to Abuja this week but now he is not sure if he should just go we didnt think it would be more than around $300 top,. they told him due to high fraud they are charging more to make corrections to discourge scammers that have been turned down for a visa from trying to apply again with a new passport and that it is $800 or higher. has anybody heard this or no where on line we can find the info on how much it will cost. Thanks for your help.

Sounds like a big scam to me? I wonder how much a new passport costs? Not more than $300. I got mine from Nigerian embassy here in London for less than 150 pounds. He needs to go to the passport office himself, insteas of relying on friends. Especially when they know his wife is from "Yankee", as they call it in Nigeria.

Timeline

Sounds like a big scam to me? I wonder how much a new passport costs? Not more than $300. I got mine from Nigerian embassy here in London for less than 150 pounds. He needs to go to the passport office himself, insteas of relying on friends. Especially when they know his wife is from "Yankee", as they call it in Nigeria.

That was my concern I was waiting for the "friend" to ask to help him by taking the money to get it for him. I am trying to find out on line how much they charge for changes I know here it is the same fee as a renewal but I dont know how much it is in Nigeria or what it would be called. He has a bad habit of being a little more trusting than I am. He gave another person some money a while ago to help him so he didnt have to miss work and they took the money and he never got the passport done that is why he was going to do it on his own but he didnt have that much and neither did I since I just paid for tickets and stuff for a visit to see him for 2 weeks.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

That was my concern I was waiting for the "friend" to ask to help him by taking the money to get it for him. I am trying to find out on line how much they charge for changes I know here it is the same fee as a renewal but I dont know how much it is in Nigeria or what it would be called. He has a bad habit of being a little more trusting than I am. He gave another person some money a while ago to help him so he didnt have to miss work and they took the money and he never got the passport done that is why he was going to do it on his own but he didnt have that much and neither did I since I just paid for tickets and stuff for a visit to see him for 2 weeks.

I guess he needs to take time out to do this himself.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Have him do it himself. His friends are scamming him because they know you will give him money and they will easily take the money. All you have to do is go on the nigerian website and it is 5100 naira which is 32 dollars. http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=57

"Marriage isn't for Christmas but forever" My husband Femi (L)(L)(L)

Timeline

Have him do it himself. His friends are scamming him because they know you will give him money and they will easily take the money. All you have to do is go on the nigerian website and it is 5100 naira which is 32 dollars. http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=57

Is it the same fee for a renewal as it is for a correction?

That is way less than what we thought even

Edited by memlaura

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Is it the same fee for a renewal as it is for a correction?

That is way less than what we thought even

according to the website, they dont do correction, you will have to pay for a renew. Don't let anyone scam you for your hard earn money.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

From what I understand a renewal will only give a new passport with the same bio data, corrections on an E passport over 6 months old will only be processed in Abuja and I believe only in person.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just renew my passport at ikoyi Lagos and it cost 18,000 if you want i will give you the woman that hope me number i want to immigration office myself many try to play on me but final get on above amount last three week

goodluck

Filed: Timeline

Who is scamming who? Whatever amount let your husband bear the cost since he's working. I don't believe the first money you sent him was lost to someone else but he himself... Wise up young lady or you're being used... That being said, $800 dollars for anything passport must be "fraudlent concept" to drain you. For example, your husband is not a foreigner and he understand the nigerian system, therefore, he should always protect you from such misgiving assuming the great love he has for you. I hope and pray I am wrong in my opinion... Wishing you all the best

Timeline

Who is scamming who? Whatever amount let your husband bear the cost since he's working. I don't believe the first money you sent him was lost to someone else but he himself... Wise up young lady or you're being used... That being said, $800 dollars for anything passport must be "fraudlent concept" to drain you. For example, your husband is not a foreigner and he understand the nigerian system, therefore, he should always protect you from such misgiving assuming the great love he has for you. I hope and pray I am wrong in my opinion... Wishing you all the best

I wanted to say this to but..... Yap I think the same thing, her husband is milking her for every dime. Poor lady...

Timeline

We should not be quick to make replies on some of the things we dont know and dont believe everything you see on the internet. This lady said 'for corrections' and most people are talking about renewal.This is no joke,i know someone who spent over N250,000k on a mistake she made on her date of birth. The E-passport thing is new and they tell you to be sure you not making any mistake before it is finally made cos if at all you will be able to get a new one,it will only be at Abuja and that is if you are able to get it at all.The conditions of getting a new one is hard as much as i know,i can find out though but the man is not lieing and stop judging what you dont know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.