Shambala

I-90 replacement of card for a conditional PR

1 post in this topic

Hi, I am new here and have been reading a few of the forums but I can' seem to find answers to a situation my K2 child is in.

Here's the scenario:

We will be filing for a card replacement for K2 which wasn't even received since approval in June 2011. We filed our first replacement in Dec. 2011, giving the reason that a card has been issued but did not receive it. We got the response in June 2012 (this year) and it was denied stating that there has been no evidence that the card has been undelivered/returned to USCIS and they even gave us the tracking no. Now, in that letter they said we have to re-file for K2 and send the appropriate fee with either reasons:

a. my card has been lost

and/or

b. turned 14yo after receiving permanent card

K2 has now turned 14 in Feb. 2012 and she was only 13 when they approved her I-485 last year in June 2011 and by logic will expire in June 2013.

So, my questions are:

1. Which one do I use for a reason for replacement of card because I see that both of the stated above applies to K2?

2. Do we need to file for a replacement or just wait out for the expiry and file for I-751 for her? (without the physical copy of the GC)

Thanks in advance and hope I will get input and be able to re-file without any more mistakes. I wish everyone a very fine day.

Namaste.

Edited by Shambala

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.