Esmeralda715

Relocation

24 posts in this topic

Ive lived in Miami, the SWFL area, Tampa area and currently in the Orlando area (my job industry bounces me around a lot)Your skills will find you a job....no worries there, but if you are looking for a great place to raise the kids, I would definitely look at the SW Fl area (Naples, Fort Myers)or the Central Florida area (Orlando and north...not south)Stay away from Kissimmee(its gotten bad).

Central Florida will offer you the best options as to a family friendly atmosphere(Its happy land!) and you will never run out of things to do...ever!

I live in Seminole County. It is a short commute to work (Orlando) and it has an excellent school system.

I relocated from Miami in Jan. and I must say that although I grew up there, I just could not stomach raising my daughter there. I was miserable but, it is a mecca for latinos, so if you feel more comfortable around hispanics at every turn, it might suit you quite well. I personally like more of a diverse culture, although I am hispanic myself.

Greatschools.net is a great resource for info and ratings on schools. It even offers parent reviews. I always start there when I have been offered a relocation.

Sorry for rambling. LOL Good Luck!

@ chastitynjoel - I completely understand you when it comes to living in a diverse culture area, living with too much of anything annoys me. Now that you've educated me on the good areas to raise my children can you tell me what the job market is like for the clerical/admin field. I've seen and heard that the pay is really bad in Florida and the last thing I wanna do is move my family there and have to run back to MD...lol

Thanks! ;)

• 1 month later...

I agree with everything Chasitynjoel said. Orlando is my home and I love my city. You will NEVER be bored. Diversity is great and Yes! It's happyland jajaja. The job market is great in Orlando. You have plenty of areas to choose from and there are lots of schools and colleges to attend if you ever want to change your field or expand your current skills. The cost of living is reasonable, I would help you with the areas that are less expensive, moderate, or expensive. Again, agreeing with Chasitynjoel I WOULD NEVER raise my fam in Miami, Its super fast, crazy expensive, overcrowded and a lot of areas are dirty. Orlando is a family oriented city focused on fun and vacationing. Like any city you have your areas to stay away from but for the most part the city is great for everyone. There are even areas in Seminole county that are ruial if you want more piece and quiet or more land to live on. Some people prefer not to live within the city limits, and Seminole county is a good area. I lived in Apopka, Fl. for a while and it wasn't expensive and the crime was very low there.

PM if you have more questions or need help with anything! Good luck!

I live in Florida and it really all depends what type of job you are looking for The only bad thing about florida is that the pay rate is very very low.

This is the best jOURney of OUR lives, together forever! Singing..... INTERNATIONAL LOVE :-)

Thanks FutureMrsLopez..I will be PMing you in the near future..Your response has made me feel so much better & confident about relocating my family to Orlando.

Filed: Timeline

@ chastitynjoel - I completely understand you when it comes to living in a diverse culture area, living with too much of anything annoys me. Now that you've educated me on the good areas to raise my children can you tell me what the job market is like for the clerical/admin field. I've seen and heard that the pay is really bad in Florida and the last thing I wanna do is move my family there and have to run back to MD...lol

Thanks! ;)

It's a lot less expensive to live in FL, so don't worry too much about the pay scale. They don't have any State taxes, either. If you love Japanese and/or sushi, there is an awesome restaurant I can recommend. I miss it. :(

iagree.gif

Hi Krikit,

Have you moved away from Florida? And I would much rather you tell me about good paying jobs i'm not so into Sushi but I njoy Japanese food. :)

Filed: Timeline

Yes, we moved from Florida 2.5 years ago so I'm not really able to help you with the job situation. What I would do is look for a temp agency and see what they have to offer.

My husband doesn't like sushi, either, but Sushi Katana was a favorite restaurant for both of us. It's right outside the most beautiful mall ever..... Mall at Millenia:

http://www.mallatmillenia.com/welcome/en/?gclid=CNCC5buqx7ICFUJo4AodjBAAwA

http://www.sushikatana.com/

iagree.gif

Thanks Krikit,

I'll look into that spot when I go down to visit.From the website that Mall is beautiful can't wait to go down and see for myself. I've also called a few agencies and for the most part I've been told that the job market has not picked up yet. So I'll just keep on pushing til I find something at least reasonable.

Edited by LaUnica

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.