Dr. A ♥ O

Part of the American Dream Act Begins Today

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

In any case, they are not illegal, no more than a K-1 person is when out of status.

you really do need to work on your critical thinking.

i have never met a K1 that entered without inspection...

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

I see the topic has veered towards money and time. In that case we ought to exam the numbers and compare the time and money it would take in man power and equipment to remove all these illegal immigrants back to their home countries. Which might be a place that is war torn, but we already have a legal refugee visa process for that, right? What if they didn't have money though? They came over smuggled on ships and containers trying to find a better life for themselves or their families and lift their life up for their children. For them it was live or die. Compare the price of that with the processing fee for allowing those eligible for deferred deportment to get a work permit.

Then we should compare the cost incurred on the US population of 300 million plus by the potentially 1 million deferred illegal immigrant who is eligible to be officially recognized and approved for a two year temporary legal to work status in the United States. Most often illegals take jobs that the unemployed US citizen wouldn't even take. Now they would be eligable for better jobs if they show they did good in school. And shouldn't someone who has served in our military and was honorably discharged certainly be eligible for US citizenship? I think there is a process for accelerated Citizenship for those recognized by the US to be here if they serve in our military.

We should also look at the unemployment rate. It's already above 8%. Could it get much worse really? Will the hit be a tenth of a percent or will it really matter that much on the economy?

I guess only time will tell won't it. If the next ten years the economy is prospering because of the progressively executive decisions of this Administration's legacy will we give Obama the credit then? Congress is largely defunct because of the Republican grid lock. And it is known that this party's main agenda is not working with the President but rather trying to stop anything he does even if it's good for the economy. The majority of the Republican's also largely do not represent the people who vote them in. They represent the large corporations and upper echelons of our culture and they protect these entities, who are not even citizens nor had a live birth, at every turn because they have deep pockets full of money stuff by these Goliath. They don't care or have compassion for the people who are suffering. They don't pay their fair portion of taxes and they steal from the poor outright.

If Obama is going to do anything he should clean house and get all the corrupt politicians out. Maybe he can't do that this first term but it seems from interviews he's just waiting until his second term to really do the job that needs to be done. I think he'll be getting a second term and bring these people out of the dark and into the light kicking and screaming whether they like it or not and it will be better for all like infrastructure and roads may cost much in the beginning but the benefits of society will be felt long afterwords and we're talking decades of enjoyment.

And no matter what nobody can ever tell me there was a worse President of the United States than our last one, George W. Bush Jr. I'm sorry but so many people were and are still blinded to what that man and his evil administration did. The damage to the United States and it's reputation may take 100 years and several generations to correct it. Blame the economy on Bush because he's the real reason behind why we are where we are and why things aren't so sweet. He and his cronies, whom many of which are still sitting in power in various branches or cycled back into being heads of major corporations, are the real reason for the collapse.

This may surprise some but they are the real reason why America is not number one is health care in the world. They are the reason America is not number one in the world in education. They are the reason that science and innovation are stifled in the United States unless you work for them and they own your work. American is not number one like many think.

I don't think this is said enough on here. P&R has become over run by more further right membership and the unbalance can be intimidating for newer and some older membership. It seems many other members that I can recall with multiple other view points have since left because their voices are drowned out by the overwhelmingly opposite chorus of right wing rhetoric

No need to round them all up. Just make it a felony to hire an illegal alien. First offense a heavy fine, second jail time, and 3rd throw the book at them. don't admit them to schools or provide govt assistance. They would not come here illegally.

Obama "Goldman " barry obama remove all the crooks. Dear lord man he is Chicago finest breed of dirty sleazy politician. Surely you jest..

Filed: Timeline
Statistically 50% of all marriages in the US end in divorce. Just do the math.

But how many have that divorce behind them before they venture overseas for seconds? Looking at it that way and doing the math, the overseas marriages would have significantly lower divorce rates.

you really do need to work on your critical thinking.

i have never met a K1 that entered without inspection...

You need to put down that broad brush and train yourself in differentiating. There are plenty of illegals that haven't entered w/o inspection either. Plus, those that are benefiting here were minors when they entered. You know that you can't hold them liable for that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Technically if they entered with a visa and overstayed they are not illegals.

And if they went out of status early enough they could qualify for this.

I am not sure if you can self certify that you went out of status at the appropriate time.

For example entered on a Student Visa and worked without authorisation..

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Technically if they entered with a visa and overstayed they are not illegals.

What are they? Either way, they can now apply for an EAD. Say the person is 15 and came here with their parents 10 years ago on a visa - they were allowed to stay 90 days. But the parents never went back. I say give the kid a break, for crying out loud.

Timeline
Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or their lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012

You can see that the regulations differentiate.

So what if you came here aged 2 on an E2 or H4 dependent, aged out today at the age of 21. So are now out of status. Could you say, well I did some babysitting last year so broke the terms of my status so am now eligible?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You can see that the regulations differentiate.

So what if you came here aged 2 on an E2 or H4 dependent, aged out today at the age of 21. So are now out of status. Could you say, well I did some babysitting last year so broke the terms of my status so am now eligible?

Don't know. Haven't read the eligibility requirements. If you had to be here and out of status as of <date> and that date is prior to today, then you'd be as much out of luck as you would be if you were brought here 4 years ago as a 14 year old. It's all fcuked up.

Timeline
It's all fcuked up.

Is'nt that the truth.

Don't know. Haven't read the eligibility requirements. If you had to be here and out of status as of <date> and that date is prior to today, then you'd be as much out of luck as you would be if you were brought here 4 years ago as a 14 year old. It's all fcuked up.

We agree on something :)

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

But how many have that divorce behind them before they venture overseas for seconds? Looking at it that way and doing the math, the overseas marriages would have significantly lower divorce rates.

My point was precisely that once you start speculating, anything goes. The divorce statistics are based on divorces filed stateside, and many/some/few of those may be for K-1/CR/IR couples. But if we begin to speculate and run around like chickens with their heads cut off then why not throw it in the mix...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org