Dr. A ♥ O

Part of the American Dream Act Begins Today

92 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Go home?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

What should happen to these children, then? Or do we not care, as long as they don't stay here?

They should be sent back to their respective countries. Obviously their own parents didn't care enough about what happens to them, why should everyone else have to. I'm tired of having to pick up the pieces for everyone elses irresponsibilirty.

Go home?

For the majority of them, this country is the only home they've ever known.

They should be sent back to their respective countries. Obviously their own parents didn't care enough about what happens to them, why should everyone else have to. I'm tired of having to pick up the pieces for everyone elses irresponsibilirty.

I guess I just can't bring myself to think this way. These are people, not "pieces" to be picked up, in my opinion. Sending them to their respective countries sounds good in theory, but the logistics and reality paint such a harsh picture for most of them that I can't get behind it.

They've lived and learned and grown in the United States. To send them off to some other country that they don't know, may not have any financial or family support in, may not even speak the LANGUAGE of .. sounds pretty scary to me.

I realize I'm in the minority on this, but I just can't imagine being shipped off to another country I don't know and have never been to and be expected to make a life for myself there with little to no resources.

Yes, it's the fault of the irresponsible parents. But just because they didn't care about the consequences doesn't mean NOBODY should.

Edited by Evylin

Timeline

And?

For either you or your spouse Canada was the only country you had know.

So what happened.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

And?

For either you or your spouse Canada was the only country you had know.

So what happened.

What?

First of all, I moved here with financial and emotional support of my husband.

Second of all, the US and Canada are very similar in terms of lifestyle. There are differences, of course, but the quality of life is very similar. There wasn't a lot to adapt to. It still would have been frightening to move here and not know anyone, but I would have managed if I had to.

It's a little different than say, growing up in the United States and suddenly being shipped off to Nigeria or something.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I realize I'm in the minority on this,

You are not. The 'pull up the ladder Jack' comments you see here are, ironically, shared by many who benefited from our immigration policies. Go figure...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

You are not. The 'pull up the ladder Jack' comments you see here are, ironically, shared by many who benefited from our immigration policies. Go figure...

There are aspects to their attitude and opinions that I can understand. I don't think these people should be moved to the front of the line to get a work permit. I think they should have to wait and pay the same way everyone else here has had to.

But I still think they should have the option.

Timeline

We have seen a Sweet applying. Ifstandard it is down to Economics a country with a higher Standard of living.

Is it ok tor Canadians as well?

We have seen a Sweet applying. Ifstandard it is down to Economics a country with a higher Standard of living.

Is it ok tor Canadians as well?

I have no idea what this comment means.

Timeline

There are aspects to their attitude and opinions that I can understand. I don't think these people should be moved to the front of the line to get a work permit. I think they should have to wait and pay the same way everyone else here has had to.

But I still think they should have the option.

I agree with you, however, I am not even sure they will move to the front of the line. All I have seen are generic copies and the usual hyperbolic knee jerk reaction and feigned outrage from a few individuals.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

The immigration policies my family benefitted from were those of the LEGAL kind. You have side stepped that issue in almost everyone of your replies.

For the majority of them, this country is the only home they've ever known.

I guess I just can't bring myself to think this way. These are people, not "pieces" to be picked up, in my opinion. Sending them to their respective countries sounds good in theory, but the logistics and reality paint such a harsh picture for most of them that I can't get behind it.

They've lived and learned and grown in the United States. To send them off to some other country that they don't know, may not have any financial or family support in, may not even speak the LANGUAGE of .. sounds pretty scary to me.

I realize I'm in the minority on this, but I just can't imagine being shipped off to another country I don't know and have never been to and be expected to make a life for myself there with little to no resources.

Yes, it's the fault of the irresponsible parents. But just because they didn't care about the consequences doesn't mean NOBODY should.

That sounds exactly like my ancestors who came here from other countries. I'm sure they were scared too, but they managed to make a go of it.

Timeline

The immigration policies my family benefitted from were those of the LEGAL kind. You have side stepped that issue in almost everyone of your replies.

My reply was not directed at you or anyone in particular. I was replying to another poster.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

:lol: so how many of these people's medicals & vaccinations are you willing to pay for? how many are you willing to sign an affidavit of support for? i'm betting none. go figure.

7yqZWFL.jpg

My reply was not directed at you or anyone in particular. I was replying to another poster.

Your reply was aimed at discrediting the opinions of the "pull up the ladder Jack' comments you see here" as not the norm. The "who" you were replying to is irrelevant.