mikemikey

Previously denied visa in hand during second petition?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if the consular officer who conducts the interview has the previously denied visa application in hand with them when they review the current petition? In my case, I was denied a fiance visa in 2011 due to financial reasons but we got married this year and am planning to do a petition for alien relative (spousal visa).

My main question is whether they are consistently referencing both applications for dates and such or are they mainly concerned only with the reason for the previous visa denial.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Make sure you are consistant in your answer and assume that they have all your previous information.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

I should have mentioned that this was the for the petition of my fiance/wife who is based in the Philippines. Anybody have personal experience as to whether the consular officer at the US consulate in the Philippines actually reviewed both petitions or only the second petition?

Make sure you are consistant in your answer and assume that they have all your previous information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if the consular officer who conducts the interview has the previously denied visa application in hand with them when they review the current petition? In my case, I was denied a fiance visa in 2011 due to financial reasons but we got married this year and am planning to do a petition for alien relative (spousal visa).

My main question is whether they are consistently referencing both applications for dates and such or are they mainly concerned only with the reason for the previous visa denial.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Yes of course they would have that information. When you say financial reasons do you mean the I-134 guidelines weren't meet?

When couples are denied long as they address the reason for denial and fix it or do something about it. Shouldn't be a problem unless other issues arise.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Yes, I did not meet the income requirement and an affidavit of support was not allowed in the case of the fiance visa. It has been over a year and I still do not meet the requirements

Yes of course they would have that information. When you say financial reasons do you mean the I-134 guidelines weren't meet?

When couples are denied long as they address the reason for denial and fix it or do something about it. Shouldn't be a problem unless other issues arise.

Timeline

Yes, I did not meet the income requirement and an affidavit of support was not allowed in the case of the fiance visa. It has been over a year and I still do not meet the requirements

So what will you do different this time? Do you have a co-sponsor now? Have you filed your I-130 or where are you in the process? You said its a year later.

But I guess your original question was answered. Yes they will have and do review all previous petitions. Because when you are denied they go back to see have you fixed or make it better what got you denied. Thats usually how it works.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Exactly. On the other hand, if there are lies in the first case file, don't repeat them.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

If there are things you lied about on your first petition that will come to light in this one it can lead to trouble ( such as you were really married when you applied for the K1 )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

If there are things you lied about on your first petition that will come to light in this one it can lead to trouble ( such as you were really married when you applied for the K1 )

Any lie during the first case is a problem, big problem.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Yes, they have the complete information about the first petition, that was denied. On the brighter side, you already know what the issue was and as you file for hte CR/IR process, make sure you get a co-sponsor for the I-864 which will be required, in addition to your own. Regardless of your income, you will need to sign a I-864 and you will need a co-sponsor to sign another one.

It is really not a big deal, as long as the co-sponsor resides in the US full time and meets the required income.

Good luck and congratulations!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Yes, they have the complete information about the first petition, that was denied. On the brighter side, you already know what the issue was and as you file for hte CR/IR process, make sure you get a co-sponsor for the I-864 which will be required, in addition to your own. Regardless of your income, you will need to sign a I-864 and you will need a co-sponsor to sign another one.

It is really not a big deal, as long as the co-sponsor resides in the US full time and meets the required income.

Good luck and congratulations!

You're new here, so it's understandable you would want to be positive. However, this kind of question is not about the affidavit of support. It's about something that was misrepresented in the first filing or something they are wondering if they can get away with lying about this time.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You're new here, so it's understandable you would want to be positive. However, this kind of question is not about the affidavit of support. It's about something that was misrepresented in the first filing or something they are wondering if they can get away with lying about this time.

Thanks for the heads up. What did the OP misrepresent or lie about, precisely?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Thanks for the heads up. What did the OP misrepresent or lie about, precisely?

We don't know. Several have asked but there has been no response.

I'm referring to this part of the opening post. "My main question is whether they are consistently referencing both applications for dates and such or are they mainly concerned only with the reason for the previous visa denial. "

There's no reason to ask such a question unless they expect "consistently referencing both applications..." will reveal a conflict. That means either something was incorrect the first time or they were considering misrepresenting something this time.

In life, we often learn more from the questions people ask than the answers they provide.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We don't know. Several have asked but there has been no response.

I'm referring to this part of the opening post. "My main question is whether they are consistently referencing both applications for dates and such or are they mainly concerned only with the reason for the previous visa denial. "

There's no reason to ask such a question unless they expect "consistently referencing both applications..." will reveal a conflict. That means either something was incorrect the first time or they were considering misrepresenting something this time.

In life, we often learn more from the questions people ask than the answers they provide.

Yea, this doesn't sound right.

Hopefully the OP didn't lie in his first attempt thorugh the K1. But if he did, I am sure he is now trying to figure a way to file the second petition based on that first rlie. That is a horrible situation, sooner or later they WILL find out, recently read a story here about a person that got denied USC and is being investigated now for lies about wedding dates. :bonk:

USCIS:

06/06/2012: Sent I-130 to VSC (as LPR)

06/08/2012: NOA1 (Priority Date)

06/12/2012: Touched

08/20/2012: Mailed VSC request for Upgrade to CR1

08/23/2012: Opened Request with USCIS for Upgrade to CR1

08/27/2012: Got Email confirming upgrade to IR1/CR1

11/13/2012: NOA2

NVC:

11/16/2012: NVC Received (NVC # not ready)

11/19/2012: BOG number/IIN - Gave emails

11/19/2012: Choice of Agent email sent

11/20/2012: AOS bill invoiced

11/20/2012: AOS bill paid shows in process

11/21/2012: AOS package sent

11/21/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email sent (again)

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email accepted

11/23/2012: IV bill invoiced

11/23/2012: IV bill paid

11/26/2012: IV package sent

11/26/2012: IV bill shows PAID

12/07/2012: AOS accepted

12/10/2012: IV Accepted

12/10/2012: Case complete

12/13/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Bogota:

01/25/2013: Lab Visit

01/28/2013: Medical

01/30/2013: Interview

02/05/2013: Email Waybill (5PM)

02/06/2013: Visa in hand

02/08/2013: POE JFK, NY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.