I Love Islam

RFE for Bona Fide Marriage

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

This was too much of evidence.

I just submit marriage certificate, birth certificate and my wife passport copy.

Approved couple of months ago and now just waiting on Interview

Good luck

What is needed or likely to be asked for during the petition approval process, depends on the country and circumstances, but it is a best practice to at least address that last item on the list of "in addition to the required...". Usually, some photos together and passport stamps showing time spent together in person will be enough. From the more high fraud countries, extra evidence is s very good idea.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

the list below is minimal.

what were you thinking, about the 6 types of evidence, listed in the instructions?

I'd really like to understand your thought process.

I went straight off the website of what they were asking for.. I also posted what I was sending off in my I-130 Packet.. I received :thumbs: from everyone that replied back. When i received my RFE.. i submitted all the following..

Courtship

•I have submitted copies of E-mails, Phone Bill (includes International Messaging) and Web Conversations from Yahoo and MSN; we were in contact before my trip abroad.

Relationship

•I have submitted copies of ongoing relationship after our marriage cards/letters, e-mails and Phone Bill (International Messaging).

•Yes, my husband and I speak English. Our family and friends speak English.

•Copy of Police Report, Scheduled Appointment for Current Police Report.

•Copy of Petitioner’s Electricity Bill including Home Address in USA with Beneficiary Name.

Travel

•I have submitted all stamped passport pages for (maiden name) and (married name).

•I have submitted my Booking Confirmation Itinerary during my travel for our Wedding Celebration in 06/2011, our Honeymoon in 11/2011 and our Vacation in 06/2012.

•I have submitted an Electricity Bill of his parent’s 2nd home located in Tunisia; where (Petitioner and Beneficiary) stayed while overseas.

•I traveled alone 3 times to Tunis, Tunisia to be with my husband.

Photos

•I have submitted 52 Wedding Celebration photos, 44 photos taken during our stay in Tunisia, visit to Tabarka and our Honeymoon in Hammamet, Tunisia.

Wedding

•I have submitted our Wedding Announcement and photos of family and friends.

There really isn't anything I can do now, but wait.....

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh
Meaning: "Peace be unto you and so may the mercy of Allah and His blessings".

Timeline

This was too much of evidence.

I just submit marriage certificate, birth certificate and my wife passport copy.

Approved couple of months ago and now just waiting on Interview

Good luck

Are you serious?? OMG!! Congrats.. Like I said, there was a handful of us, our case was not being worked for over 6 months. We called USCIS and next thing you know, we were all hit with RFE.. :angry:

Edited by I Love Islam

Timeline

In my case, I originally sent them all the documents and pictures, but when they sent me RFE, they requested phone bills, photos b4 and after marriage, passport copies for both of us, affidavits from her and my relatives, letters and post cards, wedding ring reciepts, credit card charges and etc.....i sent them over 7 pounds of documents

Those are the exact same items my husband and i FedEx with our RFE.. :yes:

Timeline

What is needed or likely to be asked for during the petition approval process, depends on the country and circumstances, but it is a best practice to at least address that last item on the list of "in addition to the required...". Usually, some photos together and passport stamps showing time spent together in person will be enough. From the more high fraud countries, extra evidence is s very good idea.

Very understandable. Thanks for the reply.. I guess I shouldn't beat myself up... I kept thinking maybe I should have included this or all those in the I-130 Packet.. It was driving me crazy. Thanks! :)

Edited by I Love Islam

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Reason I asked is cause I got back from Colombia and put together the package in one day, didn't really include many pics (just like 14 total, some before and after wedding, a couple from the wedding, our first FaceBook picture with tons of "likes" and comments, and 2 honeymoon pics. Most of the before and after pics are with my and her family. That along with 2 affidavits, one from my mom and another from my MIL.

Just hoping I don't get an RFE cause we use mainly FaceTime, textfree, Tango and iMessage which don't really have logs i can print. And it would really suck to add more time to the already expected delays coming up.

Good luck to us all!!

USCIS:

06/06/2012: Sent I-130 to VSC (as LPR)

06/08/2012: NOA1 (Priority Date)

06/12/2012: Touched

08/20/2012: Mailed VSC request for Upgrade to CR1

08/23/2012: Opened Request with USCIS for Upgrade to CR1

08/27/2012: Got Email confirming upgrade to IR1/CR1

11/13/2012: NOA2

NVC:

11/16/2012: NVC Received (NVC # not ready)

11/19/2012: BOG number/IIN - Gave emails

11/19/2012: Choice of Agent email sent

11/20/2012: AOS bill invoiced

11/20/2012: AOS bill paid shows in process

11/21/2012: AOS package sent

11/21/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email sent (again)

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email accepted

11/23/2012: IV bill invoiced

11/23/2012: IV bill paid

11/26/2012: IV package sent

11/26/2012: IV bill shows PAID

12/07/2012: AOS accepted

12/10/2012: IV Accepted

12/10/2012: Case complete

12/13/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Bogota:

01/25/2013: Lab Visit

01/28/2013: Medical

01/30/2013: Interview

02/05/2013: Email Waybill (5PM)

02/06/2013: Visa in hand

02/08/2013: POE JFK, NY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Reason I asked is cause I got back from Colombia and put together the package in one day, didn't really include many pics (just like 14 total, some before and after wedding, a couple from the wedding, our first FaceBook picture with tons of "likes" and comments, and 2 honeymoon pics. Most of the before and after pics are with my and her family. That along with 2 affidavits, one from my mom and another from my MIL.

Just hoping I don't get an RFE cause we use mainly FaceTime, textfree, Tango and iMessage which don't really have logs i can print. And it would really suck to add more time to the already expected delays coming up.

Good luck to us all!!

In all honesty, you really don't need to send a lot of evidence because your main piece of evidence is your marriage certificate and most people have not lived together as a married couple before they file. I only sent a copy of my marriage certificate with the translation and two affidavits from family members and that was all we needed to get approved at the USCIS level. We brought all over evidence with us to the embassy for the CO to review.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

In all honesty, you really don't need to send a lot of evidence because your main piece of evidence is your marriage certificate and most people have not lived together as a married couple before they file. I only sent a copy of my marriage certificate with the translation and two affidavits from family members and that was all we needed to get approved at the USCIS level. We brought all over evidence with us to the embassy for the CO to review.

Diana

That was my though process exactly as I was filing, my main concern at the time was getting my early Jun PD/NOA1.

USCIS:

06/06/2012: Sent I-130 to VSC (as LPR)

06/08/2012: NOA1 (Priority Date)

06/12/2012: Touched

08/20/2012: Mailed VSC request for Upgrade to CR1

08/23/2012: Opened Request with USCIS for Upgrade to CR1

08/27/2012: Got Email confirming upgrade to IR1/CR1

11/13/2012: NOA2

NVC:

11/16/2012: NVC Received (NVC # not ready)

11/19/2012: BOG number/IIN - Gave emails

11/19/2012: Choice of Agent email sent

11/20/2012: AOS bill invoiced

11/20/2012: AOS bill paid shows in process

11/21/2012: AOS package sent

11/21/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email sent (again)

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email accepted

11/23/2012: IV bill invoiced

11/23/2012: IV bill paid

11/26/2012: IV package sent

11/26/2012: IV bill shows PAID

12/07/2012: AOS accepted

12/10/2012: IV Accepted

12/10/2012: Case complete

12/13/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Bogota:

01/25/2013: Lab Visit

01/28/2013: Medical

01/30/2013: Interview

02/05/2013: Email Waybill (5PM)

02/06/2013: Visa in hand

02/08/2013: POE JFK, NY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
There really isn't anything I can do now, but wait.....

So not any time prior to sending off the I-130, studying the section in the instructions about the 6 types of evidence.

OK..

Ouch.

Well, now you've learned a bit more, and you have submitted more stuff. Congratulations.

Now ya wait.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Good luck to us all!!

Tycoon replied... This was too much of evidence.I just submit marriage certificate, birth certificate and my wife passport copy.Approved couple of months ago and now just waiting on Interview. Good luck.

OMG!! Some ppl are just lucky...I guess.. :)

Timeline

So not any time prior to sending off the I-130, studying the section in the instructions about the 6 types of evidence.

OK..

Ouch.

Well, now you've learned a bit more, and you have submitted more stuff. Congratulations.

Now ya wait.

Good Luck !

I did add all the required documents looking over my I-130 Packet.. Submitted a written statement of how we met, 8 wedding pictures, Bona Fide Marriage stated on our Marriage Certificate/Translated and 2 Affidavits.. USCIS process sux!!! Some Petitioners hardly submitted documentations and were Approved. :angry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.