hawkeyez

Interview approval for visa

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I was just reading the VJ timeline stats in interview success in the Guangzhou embassy.

It is 50/50 that you will be put on Admin. Process status at the interview.

There are 76 people in interview time frame from VJ. 38 now pending Admin Process, 38 received visa at interview. I am one of the lucky Admin Process (in Limbo) guys. Seems an interesting number and probably a directive from some administrator to hold the 50/50. It is also interesting to see the stats from the other counties.

I don't see a total success stat section.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

dont forget some people do not complete their timeline or forgot about it.

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Timeline

tHIS IS NOT THE TURN DOWN RATE. It is the rate of those sent for further processing vs. instant approval. Go to timelines on this site and look at "stats"

I do not see any stats for success vs. denial.

Edited by hawkeyez

Timeline

There is little information on this. They will tell you anywhere from 1 - 3 months but could be shorter or longer. They give no reasons for the review/process, however sometimes request more data. Your fianc'e will be given 2 sheets of paper. The 1st will be check marked that the visa is being temporarily held for administrative review/process. The 2nd page with have check boxes for other data/papers required. In my case none.

So you are in Limbo. You can call every day for a case update, but you will get the same answer. "it is in admin. process" Can you give me any more information? No. that's all we have.

I found the timeline stats a very interesting page. You can compare countries and see which ones have a harder time obtaining visas. China, middle east and a few others are at the top of the difficulty list. Canada, Australia much easier.

Patience !!!!! :whistle:

How long does this "admin process" usually take? a couple months? and then they ask you to go to GUZ interview again? Thanks.

Timeline

Oh yea. A second interview is not required if the visa is to be given. Your fiance will be informed by mail and she will send her visa in with EML mail forms and they will send the visa packs back to her.

How long does this "admin process" usually take? a couple months? and then they ask you to go to GUZ interview again? Thanks.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

dont forget some people do not complete their timeline or forgot about it.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

A big confounding factor that dilutes the power of the site's stats.

Another one is that not ALL people that go through the GUZ consulate are members of VJ forum. :blink:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

So your saying that the stat here on VJ are kind of like an MSDNC political poll telling us that Obama will win by a land slide? :thumbs::D:bonk::rofl:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

A big confounding factor that dilutes the power of the site's stats.

Another one is that not ALL people that go through the GUZ consulate are members of VJ forum. :blink:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So your saying that the stat here on VJ are kind of like an MSDNC political poll telling us that Obama will win by a land slide? :thumbs::D:bonk::rofl:

Yep, and just the same as a Fox News poll saying the same for Romney.... :thumbs::D:bonk::rofl:

History has tried hard to teach us that we can't have good government under politicians. Now, to go and stick one at the very head of the government couldn't be wise. - Mark Twain

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Exactly....

Yep, and just the same as a Fox News poll saying the same for Romney.... :thumbs::D:bonk::rofl:

History has tried hard to teach us that we can't have good government under politicians. Now, to go and stick one at the very head of the government couldn't be wise. - Mark Twain

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.