6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So we didnt pass the interview but she gave us a list of things we needed to send in, and one was a joint credit card.

The credit card company told us he cant be on it unless he has a gc.

But he cant have the gc until we pass....

Now what? I added him as an authorized user, but I know thats not the same.

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So we didnt pass the interview but she gave us a list of things we needed to send in, and one was a joint credit card.

The list you received gave examples of what can be submitted, not requirements.

What did you already submit to show a comingling of lives?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Get a a letter from the bank stating WHY they won't let you have a joint account. Any kind of paper trail showing you have added him to this or that, try to get your hands on it.

One thing would be to open a joint account at a different bank however you've already had your interview so I'm uncertain if it'll have a negative effect to "manufacture" a joint account rather than a natural way of co-mingling, especially when yu already got RFE'd at the interview. Some banks will let you open a bank account without greencard - I opened on with ssn and passport.

What did you say to the interviewer - that he was an authorized user, that you had no joint bank account, or mentioned nothing about it?

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does it mean that you have to come again to do an interview? Or you would just have to send in those requirements and then they can re-evaluate the green card application ?

what other things were there on the list she had given you ?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Does it mean that you have to come again to do an interview? Or you would just have to send in those requirements and then they can re-evaluate the green card application ?

what other things were there on the list she had given you ?

This will depend on how they view the evidence you send in. Anh map is right in that they didnt say it was required more of s suggestion of what you can submit to show you are a couple. I am suprised in some ways that they did this because I know so much about your background.

Somehow they just didnt see the relationship or they just want something to add to the file. Think over what you have on paper that would show more about the quality of your relationship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.