MrsGrizzle2B

My Fiance needs a visitation visa

32 posts in this topic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask your finance to tell you how many of his friends or yardie peps have a vistor visa anywhere. That will answer your question. He will have the same issues with trying to obtain a vistor visa to the UK, Canada and the US. I also second the question that was asked aboved, if you can travel to the UK than why is it you can't travel to Jamamica. Maybe the UK question is leading to something else.

Without a visa, Jamaican nationals can actually travel to many countries. Places where a Jamaican national may visit for an unlimited time without a visa would be: Antiga, Barbuda, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Dominca, Fiji, Gambia, Grendada, Haiti, Honduras, Ireland, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Peru, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Surinam, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 6 month visit to: Barbados.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 3 month visit to: Bahamas,Bermuda, Chile, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, San Marino, South Korea, South Africa, Turkey.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 1 month visit to: Argentina, Columbia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Hong Kong, Monaco, Papua New Guinea, Uruguay.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 2 week visit to: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, St. Maarten.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I heard it's hard also. I just want him to come visit & such. I plan on us getting married in Jamaica. But with my health problems & not being able to travel I just want my fiance to come visit. He has his son there so he isn't staying. Plus I want everything to be done 100% legal so we won't have issues in the future.

Hmmm if you cannot travel to visit him but are planning to travel to get married....this is the kind of things that will raise red flags and get things denied. If we notice you are lieing here trust me the USCIS and Embassy personel will notice.

Also if you are planning on getting married in Jamaica you do not want the K-1 (or fiance) visa. just go there get married and then apply for the CR-1 and get him here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Harsh I'm no way sour when u deal with jamaica then would understand. It seems that all of us commenting that are dealing with the us embassy in jamaica all feel the same. Different countries handle things different but Jamaica makes it extremely hard for their men to get a visiting visa!

Embassy in Jamaica is so strict coz there is much more fraud in those countries.

You are paying for someone else's mistake from Jamaica....even when they are granted tourist visa lot of them don't return back. I can understand they are looking for better life in US but it is not a right way to do by commiting a visa fraud.

Actions of the others in the past makes it difficult for the other cases like you.... that is one of the main reason you will see me commenting on lot of those illegal immigration and ppl who come to US on tourist visa and as soon as they land they want to do AOS.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

I heard it's hard also. I just want him to come visit & such. I plan on us getting married in Jamaica. But with my health problems & not being able to travel I just want my fiance to come visit. He has his son there so he isn't staying. Plus I want everything to be done 100% legal so we won't have issues in the future.

But how will you get married in Jamaica if you are unable to travel?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Is it easier for him to get a visa to the UK?

Weird question, but yes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Is it easier for him to get a visa to the UK?

The easiest way possible to do this is to apply for a fiance visa, when you get approved he can come to you. you have to marry within 6 months, than apply for spouse visa for him and his son. Because you are military it will be easier for you. I have lots of experience with visas. You wont get a visitor visa. It is too hard. even if his son is his reason to go back because he can always send for him later. Hope this helps

Besmir & Sabrina

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The easiest way possible to do this is to apply for a fiance visa, when you get approved he can come to you. you have to marry within 6 months, than apply for spouse visa for him and his son.

Shouldn't that be 90 days?

OP, your story has too many inconsistencies and a CO will eat you alive. Say you can't travel, yet will travel to his country for the wedding, asking about going to the UK etc. will get you in deep very quickly.

Edited by RobNKharen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

if you can;t travel, how do you expect to get married in Jamaica? unsure.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
unsure.gif If you are trying to get him here on a visitor visa and marry in the US with the intent for him to stay and adjust status is illegal. Seems to me this this is what you are intimating. You stated before you plan to marry him in Jamaica...but if you can't travel how is that possible? You story just doesn't add up. If it doesn't add up to us, do you think it will to a consulate officer? You are looking for an easy way to get your fiance here, and to be honest, there is no "easy" way. Either follow the guides for the k1 or go there to get married and file a cr1 spouse visa..even though you contradicited yourself on the traveling part. Good luck :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The easiest way possible to do this is to apply for a fiance visa, when you get approved he can come to you. you have to marry within 6 months, than apply for spouse visa for him and his son. Because you are military it will be easier for you. I have lots of experience with visas. You wont get a visitor visa. It is too hard. even if his son is his reason to go back because he can always send for him later. Hope this helps

No, its not 6 Mon...you only get 90 Days to marry then visa will expire.

Edited by butterflipoison

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :Jamaica

I-130 Sent :2011-12-14

I-130 NOA1 :2011-12-16

I-130 RFE :2012-06-18

I-130 RFE Sent :2012-06-25

I-130 Approved :2012-08-06

NVC Received :2012-08-06

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :2012-09-06

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-09-06

Receive I-864 Package :2012-09-06

Return Completed I-864 :2012-09-10

Return Completed DS-3032 :2012-09-06

Receive IV Bill :2012-09-20

Pay IV Bill :2012-09-22

Case Completed at NVC :2012-10-04

Packet 4 Received :2012-10-12

Interview Date :2012-11-13

Interview Result :APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

And i am also very confused here. None of this makes sense to me. How are you going to marry him, but you can't go there becuz of medical conditions? It dies seem like your looking for a way out but i can tell u this, your not gonna find it. You have to put in ALOT if work like the rest of us wanting to bring a loved on over here. You really need to read guide lines, and forums to get the info you need. We are glad to help you, but your story doesn't add up. Asking about UK and saying you can't travel to JA... isn't UK further away? And what about medication? Are you on any to help? Oh well. All i can really say is start to read guidelines and get your info up.

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :Jamaica

I-130 Sent :2011-12-14

I-130 NOA1 :2011-12-16

I-130 RFE :2012-06-18

I-130 RFE Sent :2012-06-25

I-130 Approved :2012-08-06

NVC Received :2012-08-06

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :2012-09-06

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-09-06

Receive I-864 Package :2012-09-06

Return Completed I-864 :2012-09-10

Return Completed DS-3032 :2012-09-06

Receive IV Bill :2012-09-20

Pay IV Bill :2012-09-22

Case Completed at NVC :2012-10-04

Packet 4 Received :2012-10-12

Interview Date :2012-11-13

Interview Result :APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.