Carla V

FOR MEXICO K1 VISA.... IS REALLY TAKING 48 DAYS FOR NEXT APPOINTMENT FOR INTERVIEW IN JUAREZ?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi,

I already filled ds260 and made the payment for the visa process in juarez, but is not in the system yet... I´m checking the page and it says that the next appointment is in 48 days.... and yesterday it said that it was in 20 days.... is this posible????? =(

Thank you all

I love you Charles forever!!

! dveMm6.png

N-400 Waiting to be schedule for Oath Ceremony 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi,

I already filled ds260 and made the payment for the visa process in juarez, but is not in the system yet... I´m checking the page and it says that the next appointment is in 48 days.... and yesterday it said that it was in 20 days.... is this posible????? =(

Thank you all

Anything is possible. Have you considered contacting the Embassy to ask about this? They will be the ones with the most accurate information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Carta V:

When I was first able to check at the usvisa-info.com website I didn t have the payment yet and it said there was an appointment in 10 days, once I made the payment and went back it gave me the chance to look at the calendar and the closest day was within 11 days, but many days were available, just wait until your payment gets posted and review the whole calendar away, I was able to see the calendar with appointments available in the whole next month, not anything beyond that. Hope it helps.

Timeline

what the F, oh man when i made my appointment for the interview about two weeks ago, the only available appointments were until the first week of October, oh man, this sucks i guess it changes cuz people cancel their appointments, but aleast i know when mine's and im counting down : ), just wanted to share this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

I'm very confused here.... please Maren70 and Jose&sandra.. Did the embassy schedule your interview or you guys did?? PLEASE HELP!!! I got my NOA2 2 weeks ago, and have no idea whats next... should I wait until they cntact me? if so when is that gonna be? or I should call the embassy in Cd Juarez to find out??? I read online that I don't schedule my appointment, they do it for me, is it true??? thanks guys..... I hope I can schedule my appointment so that I can be back with my love very soon!!!!

thanks and GOOD LUCK....

Edited by Mariana17

Timeline

Hi Mariana17! After I did receive from my boyfriend the news about receiving NOA2 I waited for us to receive the so called "Invitation letter" or "package #4", which happens to be a letter from the Juarez Consulate where it refers you to the websites where you can register to set up an appointment: http://mexico.usvisa-info.com. Also you need to submit form DS-260 at www.immigrantvisas.state.gov, to do that you need to have a Mexican passport #. You will get a confirmation # that you have to use to make your payment (go back to mexico.usvisa-info.com to pay or get a print out that you can use to pay at the bank as I did, using cash) Once you make your payment, you will be able to schedule an appointment. Forms DS-156 in duplicate and DS-156K are neccesary also. Check that at: www.ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html. You will have also to gather some numbers from the NVC (I had to call twice since I didn't really know what I needed the first time, you need Invoce #, Beneficiary #) It is hard to figure it out at the beggining, I was so confused! While you get the invitation latter you can start compiling info like proof of relationship, birth certificates, I-134 supporting evidence (taxes and letter from employer, etc.) Check for people filing in Mexico here at Visajourney since processes are diffent for every country. You will have to schedule your own appointment, once you pay, an option to pick your date is available at the website, I only saw appointments for 7 15 am, so I guess that is when they get K-1 applicants. Hope I'm not getting you scared with all the info! Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm very confused here.... please Maren70 and Jose&sandra.. Did the embassy schedule your interview or you guys did?? PLEASE HELP!!! I got my NOA2 2 weeks ago, and have no idea whats next... should I wait until they cntact me? if so when is that gonna be? or I should call the embassy in Cd Juarez to find out??? I read online that I don't schedule my appointment, they do it for me, is it true??? thanks guys..... I hope I can schedule my appointment so that I can be back with my love very soon!!!!

thanks and GOOD LUCK....

You need to get your CDJ case #, invoice # and beneficiary ID # from the NVC before you can fill out the DS-260 by calling 603-334-0700. I believe it is taking about 3 to 4 weeks to get through NVC.

Juarez will send the USC and the beneficiary in Mexico a letter. It takes about 2-4 weeks to receive the letter once it is sent out from CDJ. Sometimes the letter does not reach the person in Mexico because of the crappy mail system there. If the only one that receives it is the USC, it can be mailed or scanned and emailed and printed out by the beneficiary in Mexico. It does not have to be the original.

The letter you receive points you to the sites where the instructions, forms and place to schedule your appointment and interview is. The letter is the only 'packet' you will receive. You should go to the links(which I am posting below) listed in the letter. The letter will be needed by the K-1 applicant at their ASC, medical and interview in Juarez, along with the confirmation page from the DS-260.

Here are the forms: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html , instructions (very important to follow and they explain a lot): http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ciudadjuarez/231771/PDFs/packetk1may.pdf ,schedule ASC: http://mexico.usvisa-info.com , and CDJ info: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

While waiting, you can read through the reviews to see how the procedure works and what documents were needed by others applying for a K-1: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Mexico&cty=&dfilter=5

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/382893-how-long-it-takes-after-receiving-noa2-to-the-interview-in-mexico/

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Mexico, Latin & South America regional forum; topic is specific to Mexico.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Is it taking that long now? Once we completed the DS-260 in September 2011 and went online to schedule the interview, the next available was only a few days. We scheduled it a month out to give ourselves time to prepare and so I could fly down to be with my wife in Juarez.

K-1 Visa
04-29-2011: I-129F Sent
05-05-2011: I-129F NOA1
07-18-2011: I-129F NOA2
08-08-2011: NVC Received
08-09-2011: NVC Left
08-10-2011: Consulate Received
08-26-2011: Consulate mailed Packet 3 (invitation letter)
09-01-2011: Packet 3 (invitation letter) Received in US
09-10-2011: Packet 3 (invitation letter) Received in Mexico
09-22-2011: Interview: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-04-2011: DHL Waybill number appears in the afternoon
10-05-2011: Picked up visa from DHL office
11-08-2011: POE Houston, Texas
11-19-2011: Married!

AOS
12-06-2011: Applied for Social Security Number
12-08-2011: AOS package sent (I-485, I-765, I-131, and supporting docs)
12-12-2011: Received Social Security Number and card in the mail
12-20-2011: Received NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131
01-06-2012: Completed ASC appointment
02-02-2012: Received appointment notice for AOS interview on March 1, 2012
03-01-2012: Green card interview: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-10-2012: Green card received

ROC

12-27-2013: I-751 Sent

01-02-2014: Received NOA1 for I-751

01-24-2014: Completed ASC appointment

04-01-2014: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no interview)

CITIZENSHIP

11-14-2016: N-400 Sent

05-19-2017: Naturalization interview:  APPROVED!!!!!!!

06-28-2017: Citizenship ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your answers :)

I guess I'm gonna have to wait until they send me the letter invitation??? I don't think is possible for me to make an appointment if I haven't received the documents...I mean idk what to do.... right?? thanks again.... Hope I don't get lost.. and good luck to everyone.... :)

Timeline

Thanks everyone for your answers :)

I guess I'm gonna have to wait until they send me the letter invitation??? I don't think is possible for me to make an appointment if I haven't received the documents...I mean idk what to do.... right?? thanks again.... Hope I don't get lost.. and good luck to everyone.... :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/384245-no-packet-3-received/page__view__findpost__p__5632944

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.