doysl

Affidavit of Support

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

You're right. I probably explain the things a bit randomly. Let's see. I'm an owner of the asset, I got all papers. It has an official appraisal. But what do you mean saying "reachable by US government"? When I say 'write down' I mean all of that is supported by different official papers, of course.

I mean that AoS is a formal contact with US government - if asset is outside US, it will not be accepted because it can be sold by US government when it sues you & your sponsor to repay mean tested benefits, should you choose to apply for those.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How is she going to support you when you come to the US? You won't be able to work for at least 3 months. And even when you can work, good luck finding a decent job in this economy. Unless she can find a co-sponsor, this will not work. These are the kinds of things couples should think about before hastily rushing into a fiancee visa.

Thats if they plan to marry soon as he arrives. I think OP you are ,issing the point on assets. You can't be your own sponsor. And you asked about "But what do you mean saying "reachable by US government"? " Meaning can the US government seize said property. In some countries they can not. The sponsorship is all about asuring the US government that the immigrate will not be a piblic charge is all.

Also you figure at best you marry within days of getting here you file the AOS another $1075 and now you wait. Right now its taking about 6 months. You may get interview you may not need one. But all that time means no job, no driving, no school. Just saying.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

One solution is to marry and then seek a spouse visa. Also, sell the apartment and deposit the funds in a US bank account. It is unlikely that an apartment in Russia will be accepted as an asset.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Idk why right now you are worried about the I-864. For the K1 process, the I-134 is used by the beneficiary at the interview and as you stated there are only the petitioner's assets/income listed. The I-864 is used for the AoS after being married. The reason for the I-134, is to show that the petitioner's income can support you when you are here. I believe even with assets here in the petitioner's name, they still look at her income being 126% of the poverty level. The assets like house or saved money are help. Idk how you intend to sell your place, send the money to her (which I think it has to be in her name to be put on the I-134), and still have a place to stay while waiting for the interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi. I'm Slava from Russia and I'm glad to be here among experienced people, who can - I hope - give an advise.

My fiancee is a USC and she'll petition for me. The problem is she has no income, because has never worked. Also she don't have anybody to be a co-sponsor or a joint sponsor. There's no any savings or assets under her belt neither. She lives with parents and her family is experiencing not the best times, that's why nobody can be a co-sponsor.

I got some savings that's about $5,000 and an apartment that can be sold for at least $60,000. I live in the apartment with my parents. But there's another apartment where they can move in case the first one is to be sold.

Can my fiancee explain these facts in a cover letter and point out my assets in the affidavit of support? Will it be enough? Do we have chances?

Thank you.

Another option may be that your fiancee get herself a job.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Has she thought of moving?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.