sami76

Must enter US before administrative process expires?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

My Parents Administrative process will expire in October. They are planning to go to the embassy to get their visa in September. Do they have to enter US before their administrative process expires or the expiration date is just the deadline for getting their visa?

helpsmilie.gif

Edited by sami76

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Q1.Do they have to enter US before their administrative process expires? YES or NO

Q2.Do they have to enter US within 6 months of their medical? YES or NO

helpsmilie.gif

Q1. You do not understand what administrative process is. If they are truly in the AP, they will not get their visas until it is complete.

Q2. Yes. If AP lasts longer than 6 months from medical, they may be asked to re-do it.

Filed: Timeline

The APs for Iranians expire. for my parents it expires in October. so they have to go back to Ankara get their visa before October. Also I need to know if they have to enter US within 6 months of their medical

As far as I know AP does not expire.... I could be wrong this one.

Someone gone thru AP can help..... normally after the visa is issued one has 6 months to enter US.

What is their visa expiry date?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You are missunderstanding AP. AP is a process of extra security or name or relationshup checks after the interview. If your parents are in AP, they will not know when it will be over, and they cannot get their visa before it is over. Have they already had the interview?

Your question about the medical- usually the medical is good for a year.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The APs for Iranians expire. for my parents it expires in October. so they have to go back to Ankara get their visa before October. Also I need to know if they have to enter US within 6 months of their medical

AP is a process right before visa is approved or declined.

AP is additional background check, name check etc.

Based on the AP’s result either visa is granted or refused and after the visa is granted your parents normally have 6 months to enter US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.