memlaura

AOS payment and visa fee payment

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

After the payments are made for the AOS and the Visa fee how long do you have to submit the information to NVC I know the sooner the better but my husband is trying to get an error fixed on his passport and does not have it yet and I want to go ahead and pay the fees but I dont want to do it too soon if there is a time limit on suppling the documentation. All we need now is the passport and police report. He thinks he will be able to go to Abuja this week to get his passport but just in case he cant I wanted to be sure how to go ahead with the payment of mainly the visa fee I have everything for AOS. Thanks.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

After the payments are made for the AOS and the Visa fee how long do you have to submit the information to NVC I know the sooner the better but my husband is trying to get an error fixed on his passport and does not have it yet and I want to go ahead and pay the fees but I dont want to do it too soon if there is a time limit on suppling the documentation. All we need now is the passport and police report. He thinks he will be able to go to Abuja this week to get his passport but just in case he cant I wanted to be sure how to go ahead with the payment of mainly the visa fee I have everything for AOS. Thanks.

The time limit of submitting any documentation is ONE YEAR..........Once you have everything in order and the fee is showing PAID in the payment portal, you can send in your documents, he can go and get his police report done ASAP and send it to you, then when he has corrected his passport, he will then scan the biographic page and email it to you, also let him fill the DS-230 form and sign PART 1, DO NOT SIGN part 2.... You can also fill the form for him and then scan it to him, he prints it out and then signs and send it with the police report.

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Go ahead and submit the AOS get that out that way and approve and like Winnie said once all your husbands info is corrected submit his stuff. Almost there girl.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

The same thing happened to us. I went ahead and paid the IV bill fee in December, but it was almost June the next year before I was able to mail in the documents for the IV package. I kept getting emails from NVC saying they had not received the IV package (which I already knew), but once I was able to send it I printed the cover sheet from one of the reminder emails AND from the original cover sheet from the bill paid and sent them with the package. As Winnie said you have 1 year...

Toni

07/17/2008.......WEDDING DAY!!!!
USCIS STAGE (for me):
06/09/2010.......SENT I-130 TO USCIS
06/15/2010.......NOA1 & RECEIPT DATE (CSC)
11/03/2010.......NOA2 Email received-APPROVED!!-141 days

NVC STAGE (for him):
11/08/2010.......NVC Case # Assigned
11/19/2010.......DS-3032 received via email
07/02/2011.......IV (DS-230) Package mailed//NVC Received-7/5/2011
07/14/2011........CASE COMPLETE!!!
07/15/2011........SIF!!!

EMBASSY STAGE (for us):
8/23/2011.........Medical-Part 1
8/24/2011.........Medical-Part 2(Completed!)
9/12/2011.........INTERVIEW @ 10:00AM - APPROVED!! (IR-1 Visa)

POE: DECEMBER 3rd, Washington, D.C. (IAD)!!!

1/10/2012........Green Card in Hand!
02/07/2012........Rec'd. Social Security Card

Naturalization Journey:

09-27-2016................Mailed N-400

11-03-2016................Biometrics

Notified 2/13/2017........2-8-2017.....Case Is In Line For An Interview

3/23/2017 @ 9AM......Interview

4/13/2017...................OATH CEREMONY!!

Timeline

Thanks everyone I am not waiting a year to send it though. I am going to see him next month so if he hasnt gone before then we will be going together next month I will go ahead and pay the fees now that I know I have time Thanks again. I am so glad I found this site you guys have kept me semi sane through this process and semi is the best I will every be lol...

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I'm confused.

I paid the AOS and the IV bill. What is this additional documentation that is needed? I told him to download and complete the DS-1200 is there additional documentation that we need to send? I have my husband in the Ghana embassy and the children in the Lagos embassy. :blink:

Timeline

I'm confused.

I paid the AOS and the IV bill. What is this additional documentation that is needed? I told him to download and complete the DS-1200 is there additional documentation that we need to send? I have my husband in the Ghana embassy and the children in the Lagos embassy. :blink:

Please what is the DS-1200???? Never heard of that before

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

opps see how confused I am. I meant DS-230 Sorry about that.

no0pb.gifno0pb.gifno0pb.gif LOL, I can say this journey is really stressing everyone out........

What is needed in the IV package?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/380887-nvc-filers-august-2012/

Edited by winnie george

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

LOL I feel ya. My husband thinks I am losin it. Hehe

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

LOL I feel ya. My husband thinks I am losin it. Hehe

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

I have nothing to add about AOS etc. because I don't know, BUT you said you will be seeing your husband soon! So happy for you! I know you were concerned about the visits and you haven't seen in him a long time. I would suggest that you wait until your husband has his new passport before getting the police certificate. The police cert expires after three months and hopefully it won't take that long to get the passport, but there's no need to spend money 2x. Another suggestion, in the event that the passport issue is ongoing by the time you make your visit. You might want to be sure to send your passport stamps/enteries and pictures from your trip as additional evidence of an ongoing relationship rather than hoping to be asked at the interview.

Again super excited that you'll see him again!

Timeline

I have nothing to add about AOS etc. because I don't know, BUT you said you will be seeing your husband soon! So happy for you! I know you were concerned about the visits and you haven't seen in him a long time. I would suggest that you wait until your husband has his new passport before getting the police certificate. The police cert expires after three months and hopefully it won't take that long to get the passport, but there's no need to spend money 2x. Another suggestion, in the event that the passport issue is ongoing by the time you make your visit. You might want to be sure to send your passport stamps/enteries and pictures from your trip as additional evidence of an ongoing relationship rather than hoping to be asked at the interview.

Again super excited that you'll see him again!

Thanks I am excited too I found out that my grandkids go back to their dad the end of Sept which is my hubbies birthday so I am going to be with him for his birthday. And for the police report yes I plan on waiting on that too. I hope the passport does not take too long his friend just went to get a replacement last week he drove up and back and came back with his passport in 2 days so hopefully he will do the same when he goes.. Any suggestions on a nice inexpensive hotel. The nicest least expensive I found was Three Arms.. I stayed at Ibis last time but that is alot more expensive now than it was in December. but the flight is cheaper lol I guess it is give and take but as long as I get to see him that is all that matters to me I miss him so much...

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I'm confused.

when you pay the IV bill then you have to submit additional documentation. You have to send copy of passport (bennies), police cert, birth certificate, passport photos, there is a list on the Guides tab. For me he needs to redo his passport so that is our hold up. I dont know what you need to submit for the kids but again you can find all of that under the guides tab.

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.