EricandTanya

Hello B2 Visa denied

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

"Your wife had full intention to immigrate being married to USC. Really? Tell me what happens on April 14th 2035."

We have a daughter(step to me) we are negotiating custody for, her education in Ukraine is free(earned scholarship), ....AOS all time stats are 90 days , which can be viewed as adjustment and healthy time for the immigrant to start to adapt to their new home.. I sincerely doubt any get a drivers license on day 1 or find a job on day 1 and as I stated...we are about a year away from even filing I-130 for immigration purposes. Not only that but you prejudge that she wants to immigrate, or for that matter maybe I do not want to immigrate there...we have not decided where our permanent residence will be The USA seems like a likely choice I admit, but there are other options. Her experience here would have helped to determine that. I do not think any of this is imprudent nor illogical. As a US citizen I do blame the country just a tad, we can do better..I know it, you know it and we all know it. We are the country after all...

Being married to USC is good enough to show one has immigrant intention.

AOS in 90 days good luck....... :thumbs:

You would not believe how all the binding at home do not matter once ppl cross the POE.... maybe not in your case but in past ppl have done it and hence system does not trust anyone or give them benefit od doubt.

I can tell you personally I had job lined up from day one I landed.

Personally I think CR1 is a better option... but each individual has to make a call for themself either to go for K1 or CR1.

Filed: Timeline

Now, you're just being silly. In your first post you indicated the intention to immigrate. Consulate don't really care WHEN you SAY the immigration is intended to occur, BECAUSE they know that once IN the USA, the spouse of a US Citizen can simply STAY and adjust status. The Consular Officer followed the law.

A K1 would not have helped you BECAUSE you still have the issue with the child. This forum is not for ranting or sour grapes. It's for immigration help.

File you're I-130 when ready. In the meantime, learn the process and get prepared. The Consular Officer did his/her job and did it correctly. YOU were the ones who didn't prepare. If you had properly prepared, you wouldn't have wasted your time and money applying for the B visa to begin with. Live, learn and get on with life.

You're right now though about one thing. Unless its Canada or a VWP country, the USC needs to expect to do the traveling.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Tourist Visas forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Just to add to what everyone has already said - the choice of K1 versus CR1 is very personal so you can't just prescribe 'one size fits all' advice. For us, CR1 just seemed easier since I didn't need to do AOS and needed to be able to drive ASAP because we have a son who needs to be driven to and from school everyday, and my husband travels a lot for work so I needed to be mobile as soon as possible.

And just so you know, my first visitor's visa was denied but we tried again having done a little more research and prepared better, and I got it. I travelled to the US numerous times before we finally tied the knot and did my CR1.

Consulate: South Africa
Married: 2011-06-25
I-130 Sent: 2011-07-22
I-130 NOA1: 2011-07-25
I-130 Approved: 2011-07-27
Receive I-864 Package: 2011-11-10
Return Completed I-864: 2011-11-14
Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-10
Packet 3 Sent: 2011-11-10
Packet 4 Received: 2011-11-15
Interview Date: 2011-11-30
Interview Result: Approved
Visa Received: 2011-12-06
US Entry: 2012-01-11
Port of Entry: San Francisco

ROC I-751 Filed: 2013-12-19

NOA1: 2013-12-23

Biometrics: 2014-01-16

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Just to add I just came across someones K1 timeline on VJ and it was 340+ days from K1 to AOS.

Which is no shorter than doing CR1.

And this person was from UK.

Most people choose the K1 because at the moment of choosing, it's significantly faster. This is because they usually do the choosing after they already have a fiancee they've met in person but do not have a spouse. They can file the petition for fiancee now but have to wait until they can travel again and marry before filing a petition for spouse. Filing to visa interview varies only a few weeks but if you don't have a spouse today, you're often more concerned about the timeline from today to together, than from filing to interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Your main problem is that your Spouse is dealing with a Consulate where a lot of the applicants forget to return home.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Your main problem is that your Spouse is dealing with a Consulate where a lot of the applicants forget to return home.

LOL

...but seriously

We never even tried to get a tourist visa for my husband, he was a student throughout the process and wasn't employed (sounds like your partner is unemployed and doesn't own land). This is the case for A LOT of people. The CR1 was way better for us, once he got here all our immigration was done and we could focus on making sure he got his SSN, DL, bank account, car, job, phone... lots of stuff to do still. (and yes, my husband took his DL test the same week he got his SSN, his idea of 'adjusting' is hitting the ground running)

I made the most of it, visiting him 3-4 times a year. I got to know his family, which made his move a lot easier for the both of them. I became a lot more familiar with his culture, foods, friends.

No use in getting worked up now, there will be plenty more difficulties ahead. And Boiler has a point, a lot of the issues we have with immigration are due to citizens of certain countries being more prone to certain behaviors.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Most people choose the K1 because at the moment of choosing, it's significantly faster. This is because they usually do the choosing after they already have a fiancee they've met in person but do not have a spouse. They can file the petition for fiancee now but have to wait until they can travel again and marry before filing a petition for spouse. Filing to visa interview varies only a few weeks but if you don't have a spouse today, you're often more concerned about the timeline from today to together, than from filing to interview.

You are right... I just added that point as OP had made one comment AOS from K1 is 90 days.

My Comment was just to bring reality to OP that 90 days is ideal but does not happen in all case.

Edited by Harsh_77

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My K1 was 11 months.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

The CO made the right call. There is no reason to apply for the CR1 when you can just get a tourist visa and adjust status! Even the most law-abiding and good folks would be tempted to just adjust status once in the States. Just apply fr the CR1, it's slower than the K-1 but she'll be able to work and do stuff much quicker than with the K-1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

"Your wife had full intention to immigrate being married to USC. Really? Tell me what happens on April 14th 2035."

We have a daughter(step to me) we are negotiating custody for, her education in Ukraine is free(earned scholarship), ....AOS all time stats are 90 days , which can be viewed as adjustment and healthy time for the immigrant to start to adapt to their new home.. I sincerely doubt any get a drivers license on day 1 or find a job on day 1 and as I stated...we are about a year away from even filing I-130 for immigration purposes. Not only that but you prejudge that she wants to immigrate, or for that matter maybe I do not want to immigrate there...we have not decided where our permanent residence will be The USA seems like a likely choice I admit, but there are other options. Her experience here would have helped to determine that. I do not think any of this is imprudent nor illogical. As a US citizen I do blame the country just a tad, we can do better..I know it, you know it and we all know it. We are the country after all...

I understand that you are frustrated but the simple fact is that a lot of OTHER people have abused the B2 visa and stayed in the USA and you are paying the price. If everyone who was issued a B2 went to the USA and returned when they were supposed to don't you think everyone would be approved? The fact is a lot of people do not want to wait the required time for a K-1 or CR-1 so they apply for a B2 and adjust status while in the USA. The Embassy Official is required by law to assume that your wife's intention is to immigrate and SHE must convince him otherwise and there is no list or magic words that can guarantee that.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We did K1 but in retrospect would have gotten married first, one you touch down it is all go and gives you more time to wrap up your affairs as married.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.