Supergirlfriend

Where did you guys meet?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

. . .Spent a month in Palau SCUBA Diving, reading, exploring, drinking beer & relaxing. . .Without my baggage as it was lost in transit. . .Met 0n Peleliu Island where I was staying & my soon to be friend was working; she had the "Million Dollar Smile" & went out of her way to be nice to me & an asset to where she worked. . . I kept admiring the scenery & thinking. . WOW, would not mind getting to know that better!!!!. . . .So, I get a call, from the lost baggage department, saying. . ."your baggage is here, when would you like to pick it up?". . .So being shy & tongue twisted I said my goodbyes to the staff & took the 3 hour boat ride back to the main island. . .Picked up my bag & aked if I could head back to CALIFORNIA before my scheduled flight; they checked for me & said. . . . .NO, all flights are full (Thank God). . .Spent some more time on the main island & since I am a "Country Boy" I decided I would rather stay / dive on Peleliu Island as it is sparsley populated & more my style. . .So. . .I took the 3 hour boat ride from Koror to Peleliu. . .Sitting on a bench seat my back went out; was not feeling good at all & in a bit of pain. . .My friends at the resort welcomed me back and my soon to be GalPal noticed I was a little off & in pain & said that after work she could give me a massage - boy did I need it. . . So she comes & does her thing & we chat / talk; next day a repeat but with more talking & banter & my back is 100%. . . .So. . .on 3rd day I asker her to come over again & she was reluctant, BUT, she came over anyway & I did a turnaround & treated her to a massage. . .Well, this went on for a week. . .Talking, Bantering & Visiting & yes, First kisses. . .Woo Woo. . .So, I had to head out & asked her if she wanted to go to Koror with me & visit the Aquarium, etc before I headed home. . .Visited her in Philippines for 2 - 6 week trips last year & spent a month in Philippines & Malaysia with her in May this year. . .I fly down to Baja every October & after I return I will head over there for a spell. . . .Have met most of her family BUT not all. . .She lives outside of Gonzaga in Cagayan Valley. . .Anyhow, I am glad we met & it sometimes happens when you least expect it to happen. . .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Met through a facebook application, moved onto skype but without webcam and with him talking and me typing. He could keep the conversation and concentration that way so I figured he was genuine enough, and we just progessed from there.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

My husband and I met playing World of Warcraft Online, in Feb, 2005. We started out as guild mates. Our guild had a vent server, and we started talking and playing the game together. He proposed in 2008, we married in 2009, he came here in 2010. (We were both in our 40's when we met.) We still play online games together, but now he is across the room, and not the country. :dance:

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We met through mutual friends, on my very last night in Florida. He was *instantly* smitten with me, and I fell pretty hard for him too. Our relationship basically started through text messages on my long drive back to Toronto, and continued through skype, until he came to visit me a couple of months later... and then a month after that, he quit his job and came to live with me in Toronto for 4 months (and I stayed with him in Florida for a month after that) - then of course, little 1-2 week vacations visiting each other.

But aside from the time we lived together, most of our relationship has been through skype :)

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello you all!

Just a intrigue question How did you guys meet each other and if was over the internet please explain how you made this work.

Thank you

Don't worry,they advertised "Online Dating" so they really honor it... specially in America, they don't mind...having genuine relationship is what they really want to know...meet each other personally and prove your relationship!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I was out hunting and gathering. Luckily I had my club with me and me cave wasn't too far away. The rest is history.
Works, si man. Acquaintance of mine was reduced to his last pick-up line: "Excuse me, Miss; we haven't met yet, so I still have a chance with YOU."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Carlos and I me on a website for language learners ( SharedTalk.com ). My profile on there describes a geriatric cat-lady with severe skin problems to weed out the creeps. (It didn't always work!)

Carlos saw that profile and thought, "Wow! If that old lady can learn Spanish, then I can certainly learn English". He messaged me and we continued chatting on Skype. When we finally went to video, he was shocked that I wasn't some granny.

A few months later, I decided that if I wanted to really push my Spanish to another level, I would need to travel in Spanish speaking countries. I called up every person I knew that lived in a potential destination. Carlos in Perú and another friend in Ecuador both offered up time and accommodations. Carlos' offer was, "There are so many people in my house right not that another one won't even be noticed. Come on."

The moment I stepped from baggage claim and saw him, it was like some schmarmy fairy-tale. Everyone else disappeared and only he was there.

I asked him to come home with me 8 days later. 13 months later, he was here.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Yahoo Answers - Discussion board :)

Same here, I thought we were unique, lol.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Carlos and I me on a website for language learners ( SharedTalk.com ). My profile on there describes a geriatric cat-lady with severe skin problems to weed out the creeps. (It didn't always work!)

Carlos saw that profile and thought, "Wow! If that old lady can learn Spanish, then I can certainly learn English". He messaged me and we continued chatting on Skype. When we finally went to video, he was shocked that I wasn't some granny.

:lol:

This is an awesome story!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

We met playing a MMORPG called Dofus. We went through several characters and servers in game and had a total of 5 weddings before we leveled up to a real life wedding. :D My signature shows how much time we spent together in person.

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

We met through the Are You Interested chat app. I was there to chat with anyone interesting - not really into meetups so I preferred talking to people from distant places coz I knew they wouldn't bug me for my number or for a date.

He came along asking people about how to add friends in the app and everybody was ignoring him. So I took pity and replied. Lol. When he saw my photo, he immediately told me I was gorgeous, which made me suspicious that all he wanted was dirty talk. -.- Anyway he was a real gentleman though and told me he wanted to create a dating app so he was getting ideas.

We met in person after 10 months and now we are at packet 3 stage! When we look back on how we could not have met, we feel very lucky that circumstances made us meet at the same time and place. I don't think I'd ever meet someone like him in my lifetime.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

We met online through a MMORPG. Talked on MSN, Skype (daily!), text, BB messenger. I decided to come visit him in Honduras and I never went home LOL (only two times in two years, once for Easter and once for Christmas - at my mother's insisting!). Spend every day together and we wouldn't have it any other way (I briefly thought about going back in June to "re-establish" myself but it was too emotionally draining to think of our relationship being "online" again so I stayed).

El destino me ha unido a vos.

I-129F K1 Visa Process
[01.18.2012] Sent I-129F Petition
[01.20.2012] NOA1
[06.13.2012] NOA2 - no RFE's
[07.09.2012] Petition received at NVC; case number assigned
[07.11.2012] Petition sent to Honduras consulate
[07.13.2012] Consulate received petition package
[08.07.2012] Received interview date & Packet 4 in email
[10.10.2012] Interview smile.png - APPROVED!
[10.18.2012] POE Houston
[10.29.2012] Marriage <3

I-485 AOS Process
[12.14.2012] Sent I-485 Package with I-765
[12.19.2012] NOA1
[12.24.2012] Biometrics letter received
[01.02.2013] RFE notice
[01.05.2013] RFE hardcopy received
[01.07.2013] Biometrics appointment
[03.04.2013] RFE sent back to USCIS
[03.19.2013] EAD approved
[03.27.2013] EAD arrived in the mail

[09.21.2013] I-485 approved

[09.26.2013] Green card sent in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My husband and I met on a language-learning website (italki.com) which was recommended to me by a classmate for practicing Russian. I ended up accepting his friend request to help him practice his English (not that he needed much help :) and then we moved our chats to Skype. 15 months later we got married :)

Edited by Kyda

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.