Impossible

Cancellation of affidavit of support

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My thought is he staged VAWA with the aid of someone gender appropriate.

good.gif I agree. This is why she should schedule INFOPASS and discuss this as soon as possible with USCIS.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Lots of speculation and such in this thread. Prior to the approval of the adjustment of status the USC spouse can withdraw the already filed affidavit of support. The USC spouse would want to do this is writing, not only verbally.

The letter is likely a standard response informing the applicant that they need to supply another sponsor.

If the USC spouse believes there is immigration fraud, and can provide proof, they should contact ICE. Also, the USC spouse should have zero contact with the immigrant to prevent any sort of VAWA claim.

Sounds like the OP should also be taking steps to initiate divorce proceedings. Given the circumstances, it may be worthwhile getting input from a qualified immigration attorney as well as family law attorney.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

To answer some of the questions posted here, We are indeed still married. When I withdrew my petition it was actually done by an immigration lawyer. My lawyer was pretty far into the AOS process he has received his work auth and ability to travel docs. I might seem a little vague on the forms, but that is because I have used a lawyer through this whole process. I also know that his work Auth expires 30 days from the withdrawal notification. I asked the question about a new sponsor because it makes me confused as to why he would have other options to stay once I withdrew his application. Honestly I dont care if he stays or goes, that is decided by immigration not me, I just want to make sure I am free and clear of any liability of him in the future.

Someone had mentioned the fact that he could have started a VAWA case, if this is true would I have not heard anything about it?

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

To answer some of the questions posted here, We are indeed still married. When I withdrew my petition it was actually done by an immigration lawyer. My lawyer was pretty far into the AOS process he has received his work auth and ability to travel docs. I might seem a little vague on the forms, but that is because I have used a lawyer through this whole process. I also know that his work Auth expires 30 days from the withdrawal notification. I asked the question about a new sponsor because it makes me confused as to why he would have other options to stay once I withdrew his application. Honestly I dont care if he stays or goes, that is decided by immigration not me, I just want to make sure I am free and clear of any liability of him in the future.

Someone had mentioned the fact that he could have started a VAWA case, if this is true would I have not heard anything about it?

In that case, you really need to talk to your lawyer so he can advise you on how to proceed. We may give you lots of opinions here but a lawyer will be able to give you legal advise best suited to your circumstances. I do not wish to seem dismissive, so much as. I am pointing out a legal option for your situation.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So most of you know my story. In brief my husband came here on a K1 visa, we married and while waiting for AOS once he thought his paperwork was set he left. I didn't know where he was and the only communication at first was nasty texts from him. He changed his address and was living in an unknown location. Since then I do know where he is but I did cancel my affidavit of support. My question is, when his paperwork came in notifying of the cancellation, they gave him 30 days to find a new sponsor and respond to there notice. Is this normal for him to come on a K1 and now be able to find a new sponsor? If so, then there is something so wrong with this system!

That is something wrong yeah.... When was your AOS started? that is completely messed up.. He put you in danger situation....

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

Filing date: April 23, 2011

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date: May 16,2011

I-485 Approval Date:June 26 , 2011

I-485 Approved: Approved

Green Card received Date: August 04,2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So most of you know my story. In brief my husband came here on a K1 visa, we married and while waiting for AOS once he thought his paperwork was set he left. I didn't know where he was and the only communication at first was nasty texts from him. He changed his address and was living in an unknown location. Since then I do know where he is but I did cancel my affidavit of support. My question is, when his paperwork came in notifying of the cancellation, they gave him 30 days to find a new sponsor and respond to there notice. Is this normal for him to come on a K1 and now be able to find a new sponsor? If so, then there is something so wrong with this system!

I'm just sorry to hear that your love story did not work-out. I hope you will be able to heal and move forward. In regards to the system, I don't think it's flawed, I think we are. I'm sure when you were going through the process you could not wait to be together in the US. Don't blame the system and don't blame yourself for opening your heart. I think you should move forward in getting your marriage annulled or a divorce based on abandonment and don't worry about him or what he's doing. Make your report to immigration and move forward.

And I would highly recommend calling immigration to get your questions answered. I'm sure you 're not the first or the last person to call them about this matter. Many blessings and peace.

Filed: Timeline

I'm just sorry to hear that your love story did not work-out. I hope you will be able to heal and move forward. In regards to the system, I don't think it's flawed, I think we are. I'm sure when you were going through the process you could not wait to be together in the US. Don't blame the system and don't blame yourself for opening your heart. I think you should move forward in getting your marriage annulled or a divorce based on abandonment and don't worry about him or what he's doing. Make your report to immigration and move forward.

And I would highly recommend calling immigration to get your questions answered. I'm sure you 're not the first or the last person to call them about this matter. Many blessings and peace.

I said as much on the original post.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I don't know that a I-864 can be withdrawn after it is filed, but if that were the case, the AOS would have been denied outright, with the acceptance of the withdrawal of which she speaks. (that is what made me think of the I-134..)

Something does not jive...

Actually, it can be withdrawn.

I've written a lot about how to do it, here at VJ.

Of course, there is a 'time tick' where it's impossible to withdraw the I-864, but there's lots of timeticks prior, where it's possible.

I recall that post, about 'withdrawing the petition'

and I asked you ,then and directly - did you withdraw the I-864, or no ?

You should track that down, immediately, as the rest of 'whats available to you' hinges on that particular withdrawal of the I-864.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

In response for your question and from what i gathered and saw from people and threads, Yes, he can submit another sponsorship. All you have to do is USCIS and fill them in, Let your lawyer move on with your divorce papers, since you dont care if he stay or leave thats your only option, Cancel all your connections to your ex and move on with your life.

P.S: you know he have to submit in 30 days, He Doesnt. Let it stay this way (He Deserve it)

Edited by JorJoe

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Actually, it can be withdrawn.

I've written a lot about how to do it, here at VJ.

Of course, there is a 'time tick' where it's impossible to withdraw the I-864, but there's lots of timeticks prior, where it's possible.

I recall that post, about 'withdrawing the petition'

and I asked you ,then and directly - did you withdraw the I-864, or no ?

You should track that down, immediately, as the rest of 'whats available to you' hinges on that particular withdrawal of the I-864.

Yes I did cancel the I 864

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok - then yer done, off the hook.

divorce him, don't look back.

Good Luck with everything else !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Impossible

You need to file for divorce ASAP.. I don't beleive its good idea to wait.. if he starts a VAWA Claim, it seems to me it would be in your favor if you've already filed for divorce..

Kenny

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If he tries a VAWA case they are not going to let you know anything. Your best bet is to sit down and write a statement which details your marriage. Let USCIS know your concerns with regards to the marriage, any inappropriate behavior on his part, any attempts to provoke you, any unwillingness to participate in married life, etc. You should NEVER allow yourself to be anywhere alone with him. Always be in a public place and preferrably have reasonable people, who know you, with you if you must deal with him for any reason. If he has made any type of statement suggesting that you've abused him when you hadn't, don't be afraid to include that in your statement along with a statement as to why his statement was odd or out of line. If he has exibited any other shifty type of behavior, put it in your statement. You also want to let them know in what ways you have attempted to resolve any issues that affect most marriages. If you have sought the counsel of a priest or minister to help you with your marriage, include that info in your statement. Be specific, give names, places, and dates. If he will have scant evidence of a goodfaith marriage, you should tell them exactly what evidence DOES exist so that if he tries to falsify documents or add you to insurance without your approval then USCIS will be certain to ask for documents that will span the entire length of the marriage an not just recent documents and/or they will question his documents.

If you have this statement ready to go when you go to your infopass, let the officer at the window know that your spouse has abandoned you and will be needing to lift conditions eventually and you are concerned that he entered into the marriage fraudulently thus you withdrew your affidavit of support but would also like to protect yourself from any fraudulent claims of abuse. Ask them to add your statement to HIS file. Have your receipt number for your original petition. If they ask you if you want to withdraw your petition say yes. They will give you another form that you can fill out on the spot.

They may tell you to come back around the time he is expected to file his application for ROC. If so, you will want to make frequent appointments because they will not give you the information over the phone, but they will let you know if he had filed his application if you go into the office. If they tell you you need to come back, then when they let you know he has filed a timely application to lift conditions, then ask to add the statement to his file. YOU WANT TO DO THIS BEFORE A DIVORCE IS FINALIZED!!!!

Once a divorce is final, USCIS will not let you put anything into his file and will not tell you anything about the status of his case...............but they will before divorce. If his file has been transfered to another field office or to the service center they will simply mail your statement to them so that they can add it to his file. You want to be certain to do this so that you at least attempt to protect yourself from a VAWA claim and let your side of the story be heard.

Best wishes and I'm sorry you're having to go through this.

Edited by What Happened?

Married: 02/12/2009

Mailed I130 (Chicago Lockbox): 04/23/2009

I130 Received (Chicago Lockbox): 04/26/2009

I130 Received CSC: 04/30/2009

I130 Processed CSC: 04/30/2009

NOA1 Mailed: 04/30/2009

Check Cashed: 05/04/2009

Touch1: 05/05/2009

Touch2: 05/14/2009Touch3: 05/15/2009 Address change online?

Touch4: 05/22/2009Touch5: 05/26/2009 Called to check on address change, change made over the phone?

Touch6: 08/11/2009 Hopefully beginning to be processedTouch7: 08/12/2009

Touch8: 08/20/2009 RFE !! Response 09/01/2009

Touch9: 09/14/2009 Touch10: 09/21/2009

I130 APPROVED!! 09/21/2009

NVC case # assigned: 10/02/2009

BABY GIRL BORN 10/5/2009!!!

AOS bill generated:10/14/2009 Paid 10/15/2009

DS3032 e-mailed and mailed:10/21/2009

I864 mailed:10/22/2009

DS3032 accepted:11/09/2009

Received checklist letter for missing ds230: 11/09/2009

IV bill generated/paid/IV docs overnighted to NVC: 11/10/2009

IV docs received 11/12/2009

AVR:all docs received: 11/19/2009

SIGN IN FAILED!! 11/28/2009 woot woot!!

CASE COMPLETE!! 11/30/2009

Received Interview Letter: 12/02/2009

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 12, 2010

APPROVED!!! : 01/11/2010 interviewed after medical on 11th

POE JFK : 02/11/2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.