Eternal Love

Bringing Yaya ( Baby sitter ) in the US

40 posts in this topic

I guess you missed the joke. I pay the yaya in the phils a very fair wage, but no American would work for the same thing here in the US.

You're most likely correct about no American wanting to work for the wage of your Yaya. But keep in mind if you are able to petition and sponsor her then I am certain you will be required to pay her minimum wage in your state, SS taxes and maybe even health coverage etc etc. During this process of her working here you will most likely be required to submit evidence of her pay and benefits. I highly doubt you will get to bring her without some controls as a legitimate employer. I believe it is a long short but would be great for your child if you can accomplish this. Like others said contact agencies that specialize in this or an Immigration Attorney. Unless your income is very very good or you have a business you own that generates great revenue the I believe this is a long shot for you. I love the Philippines and love the Yayas as they are near and dear to the child so I wish you the best of luck...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To the people bashing this idea and saying it can't be done, get your facts straight. It's entirely possible to bring over a nanny, even though it might prove 'difficult'. As to saying that they should only hire Americans. Nonsense. What if you want your nanny to speak Tagalog and you intend to raise your child bilingual. There are many reasons you might want to bring over a nanny.

Most of the nanny type visa situations I've seen, the rules are basically though that the au pair must under under 25 years old, and will be allowed to stay only 2 years. So many are college age girls.

But yes, by far the best thing is to contact an agency who handles this type of thing.

http://www.newaupair.com/index.aspx

That is one that might at least have some current information on how hard it would be.

I agree.. :thumbs:

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

There is no visa you can apply for.

If you need child care in the US, you can hire a US worker.

There is no good reason to allow you to bring a foreign worker to the US when there are qualified US workers who can do the work. Not a good national policy to allow foreign workers into the US when US citizens need the work and can do the work.

1.There are visa'a available, just very hard to get. But we don't know their financial backround and stablilty which makes some choices a little easier.

2.I would rather have family raising my child then a drive thru daycare center.

3. You should be trying to clean up the mess that already exists in America rather than bashing someone who is trying to come to the U.S legally. ANd if you haven't noticed, it has been foreign policy to ship out a good portion of work to overseas(Isn't that the same thing)?

NO RFE'S

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

A quick google shows that an au pair will get paid as a live in at least 10k plus you will pay the costs of her live in ( food, housing, insurance ) together with the angecy fees it is about 18k a years. The legal min, you can pay a live in is 195 a week.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

wow.gif, so many many things have said! I said I need suggestions and thank you for those who who support my cause and really have the right ideas about going through this process. So, since this a Filipino thread allow me to explain my side in the language: Una, napagtanto ko na yung iba dito ay talagang di nagbasa o walang alam sa senaryo ng pagkuha ng katulong o yaya sa Pilipinas...sadyang matalas ang pananalita na wari mo yung nagtatanong eh wala talagang kaalam-alam. Gaya ng nabanggit ko, marami akong nabasa at ako'y naguluhan kung ano ang pinakamabuti at pinakatamang gawin. Humihingi ako ng payo hindi pagkutya. Muli, Maraming Salamat sa mga nakaintndi sa aking pakay.

Una, puwedeng kumuha ng yaya sa Pilipinas sa pamamagitan ng H1B or yung mga binanggit ng iba dito na au pair. At talagang kailang namin ng yaya para para kaming makapaghanap-buhay.

Pangalawa, kaya kami kukuha ng yaya para sa baby namin ay dahil MAY PAMBAYAD kami.... common sense naman...kukuha ka ba ng katulong na walang pambayad? unless human trafficker ka.....

Pangatlo, yung yaya na kukunin namin ay yaya pa ng aking asawa at dalawa niyang kapatid sapul pa noong 1980's- naging pamilya na siya at hanggang ngayon ay skiya ang tumatao sa bahay-bakasyunan ng aking biyenan.

Pang-apat, nami-miss siya ng tatlong magkakapatid kaya gusto rin nila siyang makapunta na dito.

Talos ko po at aral ko po na ang Labor Dept ng Amerika ay hindi basta-basta nagpapahintulot ng pagkuha ng trabahador sa ibang bansa kung yaman din lang na marami ang kwalipikado dito. Kung kailangan mo talagang kumuha ay kailangan mong magpaliwanag sa Labor.

Off-Topic2.gif, sa madaling sabi kaya ako naglagay ng topic na ganito ay para makakuha ng iba pang ideya, ng mga karanasan para sa prosesong ito. And lastly, I posted this to Philippine thread not to be bashed or to be mistreated by a fellow-Filipino........ If you don't want my topic please save spaces for those who want to share. Thank you,

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

Timeline

wow.gif, so many many things have said! I said I need suggestions and thank you for those who who support my cause and really have the right ideas about going through this process. So, since this a Filipino thread allow me to explain my side in the language: Una, napagtanto ko na yung iba dito ay talagang di nagbasa o walang alam sa senaryo ng pagkuha ng katulong o yaya sa Pilipinas...sadyang matalas ang pananalita na wari mo yung nagtatanong eh wala talagang kaalam-alam. Gaya ng nabanggit ko, marami akong nabasa at ako'y naguluhan kung ano ang pinakamabuti at pinakatamang gawin. Humihingi ako ng payo hindi pagkutya. Muli, Maraming Salamat sa mga nakaintndi sa aking pakay.

Una, puwedeng kumuha ng yaya sa Pilipinas sa pamamagitan ng H1B or yung mga binanggit ng iba dito na au pair. At talagang kailang namin ng yaya para para kaming makapaghanap-buhay.

Pangalawa, kaya kami kukuha ng yaya para sa baby namin ay dahil MAY PAMBAYAD kami.... common sense naman...kukuha ka ba ng katulong na walang pambayad? unless human trafficker ka.....

Pangatlo, yung yaya na kukunin namin ay yaya pa ng aking asawa at dalawa niyang kapatid sapul pa noong 1980's- naging pamilya na siya at hanggang ngayon ay skiya ang tumatao sa bahay-bakasyunan ng aking biyenan.

Pang-apat, nami-miss siya ng tatlong magkakapatid kaya gusto rin nila siyang makapunta na dito.

Talos ko po at aral ko po na ang Labor Dept ng Amerika ay hindi basta-basta nagpapahintulot ng pagkuha ng trabahador sa ibang bansa kung yaman din lang na marami ang kwalipikado dito. Kung kailangan mo talagang kumuha ay kailangan mong magpaliwanag sa Labor.

Off-Topic2.gif, sa madaling sabi kaya ako naglagay ng topic na ganito ay para makakuha ng iba pang ideya, ng mga karanasan para sa prosesong ito. And lastly, I posted this to Philippine thread not to be bashed or to be mistreated by a fellow-Filipino........ If you don't want my topic please save spaces for those who want to share. Thank you,

I support your questions as were some others. You have to remember that this may be a philippines thread, but it is on a U.S. Visa website. I even think it states you must use English somewhere in the rules, not for sure. It will be best if you use English as that is where alot of the good advice will come from. Just ignore the ones that don't give you useful information. Good luck

NO RFE'S

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. I checked out this option of getting nanny from Philippines as I am having our baby this December, we both working and I am very hesitant to get a nanny without Filipino culture. I want to get nanny in the Philippines with background known by my family in the Philippines. But working visa is not going to work for nanny position as it is not considered special skills and also you have can't just pay minimum wage. Looking for Au Pair is a good idea but most agencies do not cater Filipinos and it's very expensive as you have to pay agency aside from paying for expenses that you're au pair incur just to get here. Getting au pair is not different from getting an American nanny.

You're best bet is to find Filipino in your area.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Hi. I checked out this option of getting nanny from Philippines as I am having our baby this December, we both working and I am very hesitant to get a nanny without Filipino culture. I want to get nanny in the Philippines with background known by my family in the Philippines. But working visa is not going to work for nanny position as it is not considered special skills and also you have can't just pay minimum wage. Looking for Au Pair is a good idea but most agencies do not cater Filipinos and it's very expensive as you have to pay agency aside from paying for expenses that you're au pair incur just to get here. Getting au pair is not different from getting an American nanny.

You're best bet is to find Filipino in your area.

We sent her back to school to finish High School and we will enroll her to TESDA for a short-term course somewhat similar to CNA here ( certified nursing assistant ). In that way, she will be qualified for being a skilled worker. It is true though that it would take sometime to get her here. I was watching Atty. Gurfinkel's Citizen Pinoy over TFC and they had a topic bringing yaya or katulong from the Philippines. Of course we are not paying her just minimum wage, we love her so much and we won't be mean to her. She's been with the family for more than 30 long years.

Edited by Eternal Love

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

They will not allow this. There are more than enough people in the US qualified to be a baby sitter. I can guarantee a visa will not be granted for this purpose.

Maybe she also requires certain language skills from the said nanny? I know I would hire only someone who speaks another language natively to look after my kids. By the way, back home it's becoming trendy to hire Filipina nannies.

Edited by Peter_Pan

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You may want to look at the rules for skilled worker. Not only must she have a skill , there must be no available worker already in the US with that skill. That part of the rule may get you. I would look down both paths ( au par and skilled worker) just in case one door closes the other won't be auch a long path.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

1.There are visa'a available, just very hard to get. But we don't know their financial backround and stablilty which makes some choices a little easier.

2.I would rather have family raising my child then a drive thru daycare center.

3. You should be trying to clean up the mess that already exists in America rather than bashing someone who is trying to come to the U.S legally. ANd if you haven't noticed, it has been foreign policy to ship out a good portion of work to overseas(Isn't that the same thing)?

1. Which visa? Give me something specific.

2. Ok.

3. How did I bash the OP? By telling why it's not possible? That's bashing?

If you haven't notice, the US government does not have a foreign policy to export jobs. Companies expert jobs and they don't conduct foreign policy.

Companies exporting jobs is not the same thing as letting in a foreign worker when a US resident is available.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We sent her back to school to finish High School and we will enroll her to TESDA for a short-term course somewhat similar to CNA here ( certified nursing assistant ). In that way, she will be qualified for being a skilled worker. It is true though that it would take sometime to get her here. I was watching Atty. Gurfinkel's Citizen Pinoy over TFC and they had a topic bringing yaya or katulong from the Philippines. Of course we are not paying her just minimum wage, we love her so much and we won't be mean to her. She's been with the family for more than 30 long years.

You can check the USCIS for working visa but for my interpretation, special skills are those unique and usually higher degree professionals and hardly find here in US.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

By the sound of her skills an O-1 Visa?

I would have thought there were plenty of people from the PI looking for work?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

By the sound of her skills an O-1 Visa?

I would have thought there were plenty of people from the PI looking for work?

O visas are for those with extraordinary skills recognized in their profession. Usually for scientists, actors, etc.

Hard for me to imagine how a yaya is recognized by her peers. Do they give out awards for yaya work?

--------

For all those who insist this is possible, please point to any Webpage where someone has successfully brought over a yaya.

How can you be so sure it is possible without any evidence to back up your position?

I guess those of us with years of immigration experience don't know as much as those who join VJ recently.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

O visas are for those with extraordinary skills recognized in their profession. Usually for scientists, actors, etc.

Hard for me to imagine how a yaya is recognized by her peers. Do they give out awards for yaya work?

Well extraordinary skills have been mentioned by several posters.

I have no idea how the recognition system works, my knowledge is more along the Marry Poppins line.

And what other visa category would there be?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.