^_^

Paul Ryan traded on insider information to avoid 2008 crash

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I don't know. "It's Bush's fault" has worked pretty well.

Precisely. The GOP hammered the Dems for doing that. I would call it blatant hypocrisy if they used the same method, or are you suggesting that it is all about finding lame excuses to vote along party lines?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Seriously, winning elections is pretty much the most important benchmark of achievement if you're a politician.

If you can lie and make it believable you will have no problem winning. Remember "read my lips - no new taxes".

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

That's like saying you don't care if a student has never passed an exam because some students cheat.

Seriously, right-wing nuts....you can do better.

But Pelosi cheated too... I find it laughable that some here support the notion the GOP should become more like the Dems and give Ryan the same deference as VP they dispense to the SOTH.

Go figure! rofl.gifrofl.gif

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Politicians and lying go hand in hand. Both Demlicans and Republicrats

stock-photo-hand-in-hand-couple-love-in-autumn-scenery-2210836.jpg

Edited by kennard

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

Precisely. The GOP hammered the Dems for doing that. I would call it blatant hypocrisy if they used the same method, or are you suggesting that it is all about finding lame excuses to vote along party lines?

The question was what voters will actually fall for. And, obviously, they will fall for almost anything. "It's Bush's fault" is really lame, but it worked. It would be equally lame to use the excuse that "everybody else is doing it", but it might work as well.

Note that Ryan hasn't made a lame argument yet but Obama has used his for over three years now.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's like saying you don't care if a student has never passed an exam because some students cheat.

Seriously, right-wing nuts....you can do better.

Be respectful... or be gone.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Be respectful... or be gone.

Don't want mod action. Mod vs mob - mod win everytime :devil:

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Timeline
Insider trading by members of Congress was legal in 2008.

Legal, schmegal. The tweets that cost Anthony Weiner his seat in the House were perfectly legal, weren't they? Did that excuse work for him? Of course not! Legal is not the only currency in politics.

Insider trading isn't legal now for members of Congress because it doesn't pass basic smell tests that members of Congress get to do what everyone else goes to jail for. They didn't make it illegal because they wanted to. Public pressure gave them no option but to do it. The House Republicans even tried to sneak a little loophole into the law after it was passed. Again, public pressure made them change course.

Timeline

Legal, schmegal. The tweets that cost Anthony Weiner his seat in the House were perfectly legal, weren't they? Did that excuse work for him? Of course not! Legal is not the only currency in politics.

America is a sexually repressed country, so that works differently. Clinton was impeached over a #######.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Nancy Pelosi isn't running for the White House. And I seriously doubt you'd give her a pass on it if she were.

Nancy Pelosi at one time was 3rd in line for the Presidency.... She did get a pass, just as the now Senate Majority Leader is getting a pass when people are wondering how he made millions... while being a Senator.... That would be very interesting to find out his "financial tips".

America is a sexually repressed country, so that works differently. Clinton was impeached over a #######.

Too many people have seen their nest egg vanish while members of Congress got to save theirs because they were privvy to information that the public at large lacked and because members of Congress were allowed to trade on that information. That leaves a bitter taste with the electorate no matter how legal it was.

Timeline

Too many people have seen their nest egg vanish while members of Congress got to save theirs because they were privvy to information that the public at large lacked and because members of Congress were allowed to trade on that information. That leaves a bitter taste with the electorate no matter how legal it was.

I agree, but I don't think it's fair to single out Ryan when most if not all members of Congress insider traded.

Timeline

I agree, but I don't think it's fair to single out Ryan when most if not all members of Congress insider traded.

I think it is fair, for it shows he is no different than the rest. Furthermore he is on a presidential ticket.

I really think it's a bad idea to go with 'but Pelosi did it too....'

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I agree ...

It goes to a pattern of not giving a damn about the little people.

The opposition to Planned Parenthood which is used primarily by low-income women.

The desire to give the rich even more tax breaks while cutting programs that benefit the 99%.

The opposition to abortion IN ALL CASES, which again will disproportionately affect lower-income women and families.

And this...

He doesn't care about the little people.

He doesn't belong in the White House.