^_^

Paul Ryan traded on insider information to avoid 2008 crash

60 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Was Martha Stewart a member of Congress?

She wasn't but as a high profile person she didn't get away with insider trading, but others have. Then there is John Corzine that was involved in the theft of $1.2 billion from supposedly segregated customer brokerage funds.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Timeline

Of course it has. Nancy Pelosi made millions too.

Yeah, Ryan is not even in the same neighborhood.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/CIDsummary.php?CID=N00007360&year=2008

Edited by The Patriot

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

She wasn't but as a high profile person she didn't get away with insider trading, but others have. Then there is John Corzine that was involved in the theft of $1.2 billion from supposedly segregated customer brokerage funds.

Is Jon Corzine in prison?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Nancy Pelosi isn't running for the White House. And I seriously doubt you'd give her a pass on it if she were.

THe implication being that the expectation is that Paul Ryan be no better that Nancy Pelosi. Considering how much criticism Pelosi received, it is safe to assume that only hypocrisy would warrant voting for Romney.

In the end, Romney and Ryan are no different than those their party condemns.

Isn't it sad, that in four years the GOP could not come up with a real candidate?

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Isn't it sad, that in four years the GOP could not come up with a real candidate?

Ryan is real. Too bad he isn't running for President with Romney as his running mate.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline

THe implication being that the expectation is that Paul Ryan be no better that Nancy Pelosi. Considering how much criticism Pelosi receive, it is safe to assume that only hypocrisy would warrant voting for Romney.

In the end, Romney and Ryan are no different than those their party condemns.

But again...Pelosi isn't make a run for the White House. I'm not arguing right or wrong here, or even moral equivalences. It's like Romney's tax forms. Nobody's asking for Pelosi's tax forms, even though she probably has plenty of skeletons in her closet. But when you're running for President (and VP), the scrutiny is--right or wrong--much, much different.

People will care that Ryan made money based on insider information, whether it was legal or not, and whether anyone else had done the exact same thing or not. Everyone else is not in the spotlight, and that's what people will care about.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

But again...Pelosi isn't make a run for the White House. I'm not arguing right or wrong here, or even moral equivalences. It's like Romney's tax forms. Nobody's asking for Pelosi's tax forms, even though she probably has plenty of skeletons in her closet. But when you're running for President (and VP), the scrutiny is--right or wrong--much, much different.

People will care that Ryan made money based on insider information, whether it was legal or not, and whether anyone else had done the exact same thing or not. Everyone else is not in the spotlight, and that's what people will care about.

That is my point as well. They can point at Pelosi all they want but Ryan has to stand on his own. I don't think the savvy voter will go for the old lame 'but but but Nancy did it too!!!!!'

And that's important why?

For the conservatives experience is paramount. Ryan has virtually none.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is Jon Corzine in prison?

Nope at the moment he seemed to get away with his massive illegal activity.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

That is my point as well. They can point at Pelosi all they want but Ryan has to stand on his own. I don't think the savvy voter will go for the old lame 'but but but Nancy did it too!!!!!'

I don't know. "It's Bush's fault" has worked pretty well.