doodle

bringing my husbands daughter on a tourist visa

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone...

question.

We applied for a k1 and per usics advice we had put henry's daughter on the application as "coming at a later date" uscis had said this would help down the road if she were ever to apply for a gc. She's only 5!!

So...we sent the mother of the daughter to the embassy this morning with everything ready to go...they were about to approve the petition until they saw that she was listed as still being on another petition. how could this be??? they gentleman told her that the daughters name would have to be cleared before they could approve the tourist visa.

i am on hold iwth uscis to try and ask for their guidance...but anyone else have any ideas for me.

grrrrrrrrrr..

d

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am guessing you applied for her as a K2, K2's can follow on within a year.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

but what if we didn't realize that we had applied for her as a k2??? we don't want her to immigrate for at least another 8 years...she's only 5. We made the world's stupidest mistake...

I'm trying to figure out now if we let the k2 expire will she then be able to obtain a b2 visa...and we can file I130 later down the road....

anyinput?

Naturalization (N-400):

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

Timeline

Write to the consulate and withdraw the application.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

you say that like it is really easy. I've sent them an email and haven't heard a response yet. Is there a specific form to fill out or a procedure for doing that?? I can't find any info about withdrawing. K2 seems like the weirdest thing, but a really easy way to get your child into the country. I have a letter going out to my congressman and they are supposed to be sending it down to Kingston on my behalf. It's basically asking them to revoke any K2 filing and reprocess the paperwork for the B2...does that make sense?

Naturalization (N-400):

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

Timeline

Sort off.

I am not sure who actually applies for a child for a B, a parent on behalf of the Child I am assuming.

The person to withdraw the K2 I would have thought would be the USC, whilst the person applying for the B2 would be the parents on behalf of the child? I am assuming in this case they would need to evidence both parents agreement. But not the step parent.

Hopefully someone who has personal experiance will chime in.

• 10 years later...

Keep me updated with what you find out. We were told to put my husband's 5 year old on our k1 petition (I'm the u.s. citizen) as a follow to join even though we also decided that we didn't want the son to come here and live yet, just visit. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.