christelle69

Poor Filipina girl tourist visa

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I have been supporting her for 3 years now. I send her 12,000 peso every month. We have receipts.

That's $31,000 USD.

Just marry the girl already.

Edited by scott76

K1 Process -

1/30/12 - I-129F sent

2/2/12 - NOA1 Received (CSC)

2/3/12 - Visa App Fee Check Cashed

6/18/12 - NOA2 Email Received at 9PM MST

6/22/12 - NOA2 Letter Received in Mail

7/11/12 - NVC Received

7/13/12 - NVC Sent Case to Moldova Embassy

7/18/12 - Packet 3 dropped off to Embassy

7/19/12 - Packet 3 & 4 Instructions Received from Embassy

7/23/12 - Medical Exam Passed

7/27/12 - Interview

8/4/12 - POE Denver, CO

9/14/12 - Wedding #1 (Denver Courthouse)

9/17/12 - AOS/EAD sent

9/19/12 - AOS/EAD NOA1

10/23/12 - Biometrics

1/16/23 - AOS Interview

6/15/13 - Wedding #2 (Colorado)

6/22/13 - Wedding #3 (Moldova)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I met a wonderful girl in Davao 3 years ago! She is poor, has 2 kids, no real job (she buys and sells used clothes!) I have been supporting her for 3 years now. I send her 12,000 peso every month. We have receipts. Everyone said it was impossible for her to come to Australia to visit me. I am a US citizen who lives here in Australia. I put $1200 US $ in her bank account and have $80,000 in mine. She has visited me here in Australia twice now without any problems at all for 3 month visits and has returned to P.I. on time! Australia has the same strict entry conditions like America. So now I want to have her visit America and to meet my family. Based on her past positive visa results to her Australia---why should there be any problem for her to go visit to America??? Everyone on this board seems so cynical! With the proof of my long time support and the $$ I have in my bank account---WHY SHOULD SHE BE DENIED ENTRY??????

I dont know about all these comments, if it was a fiance or spousal visa "Looks like you are good to go for financial support", but you have to remember she doesnt have any money. Its a big difference. If she had like 80000usd in her account and a good stable job then we are talking about two different scenarios. But i wish you the best of luck sir, cant hurt to try!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

A single, poor (your words) PI woman with no job is going to be a difficult sell to the US consulate. But there is a 100% guarentee she won't get it if she doesn't apply

There is a laundry list of reasons why she wouldn't get it, and her travels to Australia are irrelevant. As is the amount of money you have.

Good luck

Hi, I have been going through the same with my now husband, and he is still not in America yet. Its good that you have money because you are going to need it to pay all the fees for this process. Before he was my husband we applied for tourist visa( also know many how did and got denied) they denied him on third ? He was even attending law school in his country and had the college to certified letter as proof to go back to his country but it wasn't enough for them. She has to own land in her country. If her kids stay there while she visits,that is still not reason to go back because she can send for them once she is settled in U.S. Even if she is just visiting. They don't care. I ended up getting married because I missed him so much and we are still waiting... The easiest way is for her to apply for a school over here and come on a student visa. but you would have to pay for her tuition. Unless she has land in her country. Life is not fair but I have been without my love for over a year and Im am American. Hope this helps, and good luck. Hoping he is here with me by September. things are looking good.

Besmir & Sabrina

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi, I have been going through the same with my now husband, and he is still not in America yet. Its good that you have money because you are going to need it to pay all the fees for this process. Before he was my husband we applied for tourist visa( also know many how did and got denied) they denied him on third ? He was even attending law school in his country and had the college to certified letter as proof to go back to his country but it wasn't enough for them. She has to own land in her country. If her kids stay there while she visits,that is still not reason to go back because she can send for them once she is settled in U.S. Even if she is just visiting. They don't care. I ended up getting married because I missed him so much and we are still waiting... The easiest way is for her to apply for a school over here and come on a student visa. but you would have to pay for her tuition. Unless she has land in her country. Life is not fair but I have been without my love for over a year and Im am American. Hope this helps, and good luck. Hoping he is here with me by September. things are looking good.Oh and she would have to show her own means of a checking to support herself. You saying you support her only matters to them if you are married. Trust me I have done many, many sleepless nights and days of reading and research and talking to homeland security, etc....

Besmir & Sabrina

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've heard of odd things happening and people who normally wouldn't have been approved, have gotten approved for a visitor's visa. Just have her try her luck. She should point out her visits to Australia (which will be obvious). Another thing may be the fact that she has a USC boyfriend that could be a hindrance. But as most have already stated, she has to convince the Consular Officer that she has ties to her home country. It's very difficult for most.

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Why are you shouting? If you want to highlight/bring something to attention there are functions that allow this, this, this and colour/shades.

I prefer to use caps for emphasis as well. It's pretty common. I post enough that i'm not gunna waste my time with going back and formatting when typing in caps is so quick and easy. Sorry that offends you but I'll continue to do it when the mood strikes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I met a wonderful girl in Davao 3 years ago! She is poor, has 2 kids, no real job (she buys and sells used clothes!) I have been supporting her for 3 years now. I send her 12,000 peso every month. We have receipts. Everyone said it was impossible for her to come to Australia to visit me. I am a US citizen who lives here in Australia. I put $1200 US $ in her bank account and have $80,000 in mine. She has visited me here in Australia twice now without any problems at all for 3 month visits and has returned to P.I. on time! Australia has the same strict entry conditions like America. So now I want to have her visit America and to meet my family. Based on her past positive visa results to her Australia---why should there be any problem for her to go visit to America??? Everyone on this board seems so cynical! With the proof of my long time support and the $$ I have in my bank account---WHY SHOULD SHE BE DENIED ENTRY??????

You haven't said that you are dating this girl. You state you live in Australia with your Australian wife and child. I assume she's just a person you sponsor? 12K pesos every month... that's around USD$280 per month, that's not a small amount. Why are you sending her so much? Do you also fund her trips?

The simple truth of the matter is the US is harder to get into than Aus. The US assumes immigrant intent. She will need to show strong ties to the Philippines. Plenty of people have done multiple trips and never overstayed and then did. They won't care about the kids being back in PI 'cause plenty of PI women leave their kids with family and either petition them after they have their GC's, or don't and let them live there with family. The money shows that she's visiting an american that's been financially supporting her for years and will continue to do so when she goes over there to visit and overstay. Nothing you have stated gets over the assumption of immigrant intent.

The only way to know for sure is to try. Take lots of evidence and hope for the best.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

I don't understand, what is your question?

We're not CO's, people come to this site to ask for advice and guidance, yet you pose no question and just lash out at the people here who are so "cynical".

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

I prefer to use caps for emphasis as well. It's pretty common. I post enough that i'm not gunna waste my time with going back and formatting when typing in caps is so quick and easy. Sorry that offends you but I'll continue to do it when the mood strikes.

Have I ever commented that the punctuation of any of your posts comes off as if your screaming? No? Then the latter part of statement is very irrelevant. There is nothing wrong with sometimes using caps to stress some points. Where it gets annoying and disrespectful even is when a post or series of comments contains repetitive capped sentences and exclamation marks.

CO in manila are hard to convience (when you are applying for tourist visa) that you have a ties coming back to philippines.. and even other people who got 6 digit money on their bank account and property..business etc. they still got rejected for that reason..and even if she got children here in philippines still not enough reason to convince them (based to my experience) but she can try still who knows... it's her lucky day .. good luck.

Edited by iluvmy_hubbybunny

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
K1 TIMELINE
02-10-2012 - NOA1 (hard copy)
08-22-2012 - NOA2
08-26-2012 - NOA2 (hard copy)
09-06-2012 - Medical (first day)
09-07-2012 - Medical (second day) -
passed!
10-04-2012 - Interview Day - approved!
10-10-2012 - Visa received (3 working days)
10-11-2012 - CFO Seminar (got certificate and sticker one day)

AOS TIMELINE

01-04-2013 - got my SS Card

01-18-2013 - Filing Date

02-14-2013 - Bio Appointment

08-29-2013 - AOS Approved (no interview)

ROC TIMELINE

06-15-2015 - Filing Date

07-23-2015 - Bio Appointment

04-04-2016 - ROC Approved (no interview)

N400 TIMELINE

08-27-2016 - Filing Date

10-03-2016 - Bio Appointment

12-20-2016 - N400 Interview (approved)

12-28-2016 - Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I do not think OP is married to the Australian, sounds more like he is running 2 families.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Where does it say he is married to someone else in Australia? I see only one gf... the Filipina woman. I think "meet my family" in US means parents etc.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Where does it say he is married to someone else in Australia? I see only one gf... the Filipina woman. I think "meet my family" in US means parents etc.

I think Vanessa was referring to where OP said (I could be wrong) :

Twice she has come to Australia AND RETURNED to the Philippines. She has a 3 year old and an 8 year old and the rest of her family living there! I don't even live in America anymore! I live in Australia with my 13 year old son and his Australian mother!!

Edited by Xanax

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: Timeline

Past visits to other developed countries do matter, as it shows she has in the past visited a developed country and returned. It's not overwhelming evidence, but I've heard plenty of success stories of people applying for US tourist visas who have previously held Schengen, UK or Australian visas with no overstay or illegal work.

Edited by jaejayC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.